• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
sexy sick man 😍

FUME5

I tend to get jealous of people's abilities to handle stress. I think that's what I want narrowed down to its most basic form.

I've become a lot better at it over the years, it comes down to compartmentalization I think. My job is high stress (not active armed forces high stress but still) and if I didn't learn how to switch off after work my blood pressure would be through the roof again among other stress related illnesses. I mean I still wake up at 4 am a few times a month running through jobs in my head and where it can go wrong, but learning how to say 'fuck it' once you're off the clock is an essential survival skill.

Having said that, I'm always cool in a crisis.

Go figure.

Turin

Banned
I tend to get jealous of people's abilities to handle stress. I think that's what I want narrowed down to its most basic form.

I've become better at handling it as life's become increasingly stressful.

If it ever gets back to the way it was(it won't), I'll be on cloud 9.

I mean I still wake up at 4 am a few times a month running through jobs in my head and where it can go wrong, but learning how to say 'fuck it' once you're off the clock is an essential survival skill.

Work can be stressful when things fail and I have to fix them before they broke, but I usually handle that very well. I don't bring work stress home with me (e.g. deadlines)— getting fired is not the worst thing that can happen to me. I recognize that this is a privilege that not everyone has, but it was an absolute blessing to realize it.

FUME5

Work can be stressful when things fail and I have to fix them before they broke, but I usually handle that very well. I don't bring work stress home with me (e.g. deadlines)— getting fired is not the worst thing that can happen to me. I recognize that this is a privilege that not everyone has, but it was an absolute blessing to realize it.

What do you do for a crust?

FUME5

AC on the fritz.

I can now join the Yuropeans melting from heat. YAY.

Free weight loss.

EDIT

Apropos:

h7BF764A2

What do you do for a crust?

Nominally chief (only) internal software developer for a broadcasting company— but also for same company: Linux sysadmin, radio automation system guru (fucking Windows), junior audio plumber (including AoIP), networking guy.

Edit: also, I'm friendlier than the two guys who know more about Windows/Windows Server and their applications, so I get to occasionally get to field inane questions from people afraid of them ("I don't know, did you try Google? Put in a ticket.").

zeemumu

I've become better at handling it as life's become increasingly stressful.

If it ever gets back to the way it was(it won't), I'll be on cloud 9.

I've become a lot better at it over the years, it comes down to compartmentalization I think. My job is high stress (not active armed forces high stress but still) and if I didn't learn how to switch off after work my blood pressure would be through the roof again among other stress related illnesses. I mean I still wake up at 4 am a few times a month running through jobs in my head and where it can go wrong, but learning how to say 'fuck it' once you're off the clock is an essential survival skill.

Having said that, I'm always cool in a crisis.

Go figure.

Who says we're handling stress

I basically soldier through until I can go home and absolutely lose my shit

I can hold myself until I get home but then there's MORE shit when I get home. You need a balance to flush out the previous shit before you take the new shit. I need to learn to flush. I guess I could physically exhaust myself with exercise until I'm too tired to think. I used to do that, but I remember something causing me to stop. I think I overdid it at one point.

If I didn't stress about life progress it'd probably be easier to make life progress. Damn irony

I've lived my life relatively stress-free by just not caring about anything and bottling up my feelings.

No, I am not joking.
Hakunah Matata is hard

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If the current rate of ailments persists how long until Jobbs somehow blue waffles?

Jobbs

Banned
from what I've seen in here it means it was probably an accident (hope it wasn't though!)

and I'm not frail or sick all the time :p this was clearly food poisoning because I feel almost 100% now

FUME5

Nominally chief (only) internal software developer for a broadcasting company— but also for same company: Linux sysadmin, radio automation system guru (fucking Windows), junior audio plumber (including AoIP), networking guy.

Edit: also, I'm friendlier than the two guys who know more about Windows/Windows Server and their applications, so I get to occasionally get to field inane questions from people afraid of them ("I don't know, did you try Google? Put in a ticket.").

Hah, sounds like a full plate.

guy on Tinder asked what I do in my free time... "image searching blue waffle, you?"
I didn't say that

can you draw a picture? I must resist the urge to not look it up somehow D:

Picture a slimy pink sock. There are many things in this life I regret having knowledge of.

I can hold myself until I get home but then there's MORE shit when I get home. You need a balance to flush out the previous shit before you take the new shit. I need to learn to flush. I guess I could physically exhaust myself with exercise until I'm too tired to think. I used to do that, but I remember something causing me to stop. I think I overdid it at one point.

If I didn't stress about life progress it'd probably be easier to make life progress. Damn irony

How long until you can move out? From what you've said of your mother I assume she contributes quite a bit to your stress load.

oh no now I'm looking up diseases again :l hey guys did you know you can get hepatitis from kissing someone?

Hah, sounds like a full plate.

Picture a slimy pink sock. There are many things in this life I regret having knowledge of.

ew.. :eek: just the image of an actual slimy sock is terrible.

Pau

I handle stress by sleeping.

Also, my sister got home and saw that my friends were over and threw a fit and didn't even say hi to them. I told her she was being rude and she walked out and texted Kark to tell her when they left. What the fuck? I am so tired of her bullshit.

zeemumu

How long until you can move out? From what you've said of your mother I assume she contributes quite a bit to your stress load.

A year or two, give or take.

The plan is find an internship (applications for the ones I'm planning on start in the fall) while still in college/graduate and then get a job, hopefully in my field. If that's proving problematic then I'll find a job that'll let me earn enough money to find an apartment and move out. SoCal is expensive. Either way I have to finish college first, but stress interferes with my schoolwork.

AC working again. My brief flirtation with barbarism has passed.

can you draw a picture? I must resist the urge to not look it up somehow D:

Forget I ever mentioned it. Really.

Also, my sister got home and saw that my friends were over and threw a fit and didn't even say hi to them. I told her she was being rude and she walked out and texted Kark to tell her when they left. What the fuck? I am so tired of her bullshit.

How old is your sister?

Because she sounds 12.

FUME5

oh no now I'm looking up diseases again :l hey guys did you know you can get hepatitis from kissing someone?

A friends (who I've told a few stories about in here) mother has Hepatitis and during an argument she spat at / on her. When she told me I was appalled (for several reasons) and told her she should get tested for hep because there was a slim chance of transmission via saliva (greater if she had a small cut or something in her mouth) if it got in her eyes / mouth / small cut etc...

She didn't want to believe me.

What are some others?

well there are different types. some come with bodily fluids, some can be passed on by dirty water and contaminated food. you can even be born with it if your mother has it :O

A friends (who I've told a few stories about in here) mother has Hepatitis and during an argument she spat at / on her. When she told me I was appalled (for several reasons) and told her she should get tested for hep because there was a slim chance of transmission via saliva (greater if she had a small cut or something in her mouth) if it got in her eyes / mouth / small cut etc...

She didn't want to believe me.

people are so careless! if her mom had it while giving birth she probably already has it too tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom