• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be going to a movie alone in the near future which is ten times worse

I know almost no one who would want to see The Neon Demon

I do that about one per week since I have an unlimited movie pass and there are many movies my friends don't want to see with me.

I don't mind much, easy to arrange and it's not like I want to talk during the movie.

zeemumu

I might be going to a movie alone in the near future which is ten times worse

I know almost no one who would want to see The Neon Demon

Is going to the movies on your own really that bad? I go by myself all the time. I went to see The Purge Election Year by myself yesterday. I've never had much of an issue with it aside form this time when this guy who somehow knew me randomly messaged me on Facebook and said that he saw me and thought that I had been stood up.

I mean I don't see it as that big of a deal. Sometimes it's a pain in the ass to get a group together to go see a movie or sometimes it's just not a movie that your friends want to go see so you just go.

Having breakfast alone is kinda depressing you know

You guys are killing me with this.

I know I've spent too much time on GAF when I starting dreaming of GAF.

I dreamt that DoomXSiN was announced on GAF and I also dreamt that I had Steam IM conversation with Jawmuncher explaining why I'am not his cousin.

I keep dream journal but I don't update it as much because I will forget them as soon as I'am awake sometimes

zeemumu

I can't think of the last movie I saw with someone else. But I'm very much a lone wolf in all regards. It doesn't really bother me, all the things you're "supposed" to do with others.

I go see stuff with friends, just not all the time. I saw The Conjuring 2 with friends and had a movie night with them last week. I feel like I'm getting a little too clingy around my friends when I am around them, though. I always want to hang out.

Just had my school leavers ball and I'm drunk and emotional af right now

I don't know what to do :(

Don't think I can sleep tonight knowing that I'll never see my school mates ever again, well some of them

:( so sad right now

Xiao Hu

Why? I do it all the time.

Because I should be going on vacation with friends or a lover. I shouldn't have spent the night alone, I shouldn't have taken a shower this morning alone, i should have discussed plans with someone while drinking a coffee.

Jesus, I'm turning 24 this autumn and I have never felt so lonely before. This is not how I imagined my 20s.

You guys are killing me with this.

Why?

jb1234

Because I should be going on vacation with friends or a lover. I shouldn't have spent the night alone, I shouldn't have taken a shower this morning alone, i should have discussed plans with someone while drinking a coffee.

Jesus, I'm turning 24 this autumn and I have never felt so lonely before. This is not how I imagined my 20s.

If it's one thing I've learned about life (in my mid-30s now) is that it never goes the way you imagined it. Unfortunately. I know loneliness very intimately and I'm sorry that you're suffering.

(I hate traveling by myself too.)

I go see stuff with friends, just not all the time. I saw The Conjuring 2 with friends and had a movie night with them last week. I feel like I'm getting a little too clingy around my friends when I am around them, though. I always want to hang out.

It's a balance, I think. One I've never figured out.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
OKAY TODAY ROCKS
image.php

Best avatar is back

Xiao Hu

If it's one thing I've learned about life (in my mid-30s now) is that it never goes the way you imagined it. Unfortunately. I know loneliness very intimately and I'm sorry that you're suffering.

(I hate traveling by myself too.)

Thank you for those kind words

Stardew valley will be my sims eventually.

I need to eat but I don't know what.

Annnnd I can't get Star Wars socks girl out of my head..... :/

Her being a friend of a friend's fiancé sucks. Her living in Texas sucks. She was so much fun at laser tag and sushi today

I somehow missed the whole Star Wars socks thing :O where did you meet her??

____
I did creepy things in Sims

Jobbs

Banned
Hahaha. Man, you really hate that series.

It's sooobad.gif

Well, it's better than Uncharted because you don't actually have to play it.

Also cause it has Nic Cage

I can deal with a story focused game. I really can. I liked Oxenfree, Until Dawn, Soma.. I plan to play Life is Strange soon.

The problem is UC4 has a boring story --- And to ingest this slow, deliberate, boring story you have to also stomach its uninteresting/annoying characters and tedious, boring, shallow gameplay (such as climbing).

Just as problematic is that the story and gameplay of UC4 live on two different planets that have little to do with eachother. In a better game, even in ND's own TLOU, the story and gameplay work together cohesively, as a team.

All of these substantive issues are held together and propped up by the visage of beautiful artwork, solid tech, and good acting performances. This may be enough to distract, I guess, but for me it wasn't.

TLDR *fuck* UC4

It's sooobad.gif

I can deal with a story focused game. I really can. I liked Oxenfree, Until Dawn, Soma.. I plan to play Life is Strange soon.

The problem is UC4 has a boring story --- And to ingest this slow, deliberate, boring story you have to also stomach its uninteresting/annoying characters and tedious, boring, shallow gameplay (such as climbing).

Just as problematic is that the story and gameplay of UC4 live on two different planets that have little to do with eachother. In a better game, even in ND's own TLOU, the story and gameplay work together cohesively, as a team.

All of these substantive issues are held together and propped up by the visage of beautiful artwork, solid tech, and good acting performances. This may be enough to distract, I guess, but for me it wasn't.

TLDR *fuck* UC4
yess!!! this is my exact opinion and always has been

Trab/Clyde sim update: They're housemates and friends rn. Clyde made horrible quality waffles and no one got food poisoning from them.

Clyde's insane and Trab's a vegetarian because the game doesn't have a vegan option.

I've only actually played 4 hours into UC1 and all of Golden Abyss so I can't speak to UC4 8-|

A horrible quality tbh

if I ever get action again I'll share every juicy detail with y'all because I need to remember that day as something that really happened and not only a dream

Trab/Clyde sim update: They're housemates and friends rn. Clyde made horrible quality waffles and no one got food poisoning from them.

Clyde's insane and Trab's a vegetarian because the game doesn't have a vegan option.

awww <3333
can you take a pic? :D I wanna see!

Xiao Hu

Jesus fucking Christ! My connection flight to Saigon has been delayed to fucking Monday! And I have an appointment at a tattoo studio in the morning....fuuuuuuuuuck :mad:

Jobbs

Banned
Bunch of friends of friends in town for a wedding

We just got done playing dominion and now the house has broke into an impromptu nerf war :0

Finally a use

Also I kinda know you're joking but still.. Any time a girl is totally out of reach for one reason or another (lives in texas, engaged, etc) just put it out of your head and spend your energy on someone within reach

marrec

Banned
if I ever get action again I'll share every juicy detail with y'all because I need to remember that day as something that really happened and not only a dream

I honestly feel embarrassed, I get a bit for the first time in a year and a bit and I respond by freaking out ITT and being a dope :lol

yessss

you could use fruits to explain anything too explicit for words
maybe I'll make a drawing too
May they worship at the altar of moonboob.
well said. so it shall be.
Bunch of friends of friends in town for a wedding

We just got done playing dominion and now the house has broke into an impromptu nerf war :0
ah I see. well if she's already with somebody the only advice I can give is to move on :( I know how much this sucks though.

woah that sounds cool :eek:

Jesus fucking Christ! My connection flight to Saigon has been delayed to fucking Monday! And I have an appointment at a tattoo studio in the morning....fuuuuuuuuuck :mad:
ohh that sucks. can you call them or something?
I honestly feel embarrassed, I get a bit for the first time in a year and a bit and I respond by freaking out ITT and being a dope :lol
I'd freak out too. it would take me by surprise. but there's always a time after freaking out if you didn't completely blew it.

Yeah, I'm not going to be a home wrecker.

It just sucks that girls like this are so rare :/

tell me about it :( I actually know absolutely nobody in RL I'm attracted to rn. it's like I'm generally horny but it's not directed at anyone because the thought of touching most people disgusts me.
it's a curse

Nerdkiller

Membeur
tell me about it :( I actually know absolutely nobody in RL I'm attracted to rn. it's like I'm generally horny but it's not directed at anyone because the thought of touching most people disgusts me.
it's a curse
I'm in a similar situation...but that's probably because I don't really get out more.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'd touch the hell out of some girl rn.

Damn straight. Not even worried about cooties either.

I tentatively have a date Tuesday with this cool chick from Tinder. OKC nurse is hitting me up, but I'm not actually sure if she's sane.

Xiao Hu

ohh that sucks. can you call them or something?

Allegedly the tickets for today are oversold but I will go to their counter and be very German and if needed Russian. Like what the fuck am I supposed to do in Hong Kong without having an accommodation? Either they get me an earlier flight or I want a fucking hotel room!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom