• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

I don't think anyone in my family would do that for me, much less my friends.

She's the only person that I am willing to do that for. I care more about here than pretty much anything or anyone, myself included. As my best friend, she's pretty much my #1 in life. I know I'm not her #1 (maybe #3 or #4 at most) but that never has or never will stop me from caring. I hold all of my friends in ridiculously high regard and am loyal to the end. It's my biggest strength and biggest flaw, because while I'm there for everyone whenever they need me, it's not likely that I'll ever have anyone who cares about me that much. I guess that's partially why I do it, because I don't want anyone else to feel like that. It might end up destroying me someday. I know that. But I really don't care.

Kevyt

She's the only person that I am willing to do that for. I care more about here than pretty much anything or anyone, myself included. As my best friend, she's pretty much my #1 in life. I know I'm not her #1 (maybe #3 or #4 at most) but that never has or never will stop me from caring. I hold all of my friends in ridiculously high regard and am loyal to the end. It's my biggest strength and biggest flaw, because while I'm there for everyone whenever they need me, it's not likely that I'll ever have anyone who cares about me that much. I guess that's partially why I do it, because I don't want anyone else to feel like that. It might end up destroying me someday. I know that. But I really don't care.

Is she the one you gave the gift while she was with her dad and bf?

Kevyt

No that's the friend who got the Nightmare Before Christmas gift, and she wasn't giving me a gift, I was dropping one off. She dropped off a gift later in the month.

It seems you get too emotionally attached to your friends, that's not a bad thing. But it seems like you put so much effort in giving to them that you feel like you're the only one that cares the most about that friendship.

Turin

Banned
Hey Turin, found some cool art that you might like:

lX9DC7Z.jpg

There are more like that in this imgur gallery.

tumblr_inline_nfx4bnrjln1ra0eje.gif

zeemumu

Resigned to your fate I see...

Not sure yet. I like to keep my friends happy, but I can't keep ignoring that I don't really feel as cared about, and I haven't decided whether or not it's me being selfish. I'm trying to think of a way to not be as emotionally attached but still care about them, so that I can still put the same amount of effort into my friendships without damaging my self-worth. If I can do that, I will still have the same impact on their lives and my friendships will remain intact, and I will be able to look forward to spending time with my friends without it consuming me, as if nothing in between spending time with them matters. And if it doesn't consume me, it won't take up as much space in my thoughts, which will free up enough brain space up there for me to get my shit together. I'm hoping that by typing this out, it'll trigger something in my mind and my brain'll say "Ooooh, so that's how I fix this thing."

But it's like a "don't think about polar bears" type of problem. I don't want to think about what my friends are doing constantly but it's all that I can think about.

I need a suggestion beyond "go out and do something" because I do. I spend most of my time outside. It hasn't really helped much. If you have another suggestion it would be most welcome. I'm not being sarcastic, I seriously need suggestions.

Why are some of you still fake tho

I'm not fake. I'm actually a large wolf holding a sword in my mouth.

Kevyt

Not sure yet. I like to keep my friends happy, but I can't keep ignoring that I don't really feel as cared about, and I haven't decided whether or not it's me being selfish. I'm trying to think of a way to not be as emotionally attached but still care about them, so that I can still put the same amount of effort into my friendships without damaging my self-worth. If I can do that, I will still have the same impact on their lives and my friendships will remain intact, and I will be able to look forward to spending time with my friends without it consuming me, as if nothing in between spending time with them matters. And if it doesn't consume me, it won't take up as much space in my thoughts, which will free up enough brain space up there for me to get my shit together. I'm hoping that by typing this out, it'll trigger something in my mind and my brain'll say "Ooooh, so that's how I fix this thing."

But it's like a "don't think about polar bears" type of problem. I don't want to think about what my friends are doing constantly but it's all that I can think about.

I'm not fake. I'm actually a large wolf with a sword in my mouth.

You gotta give yourself some self worth. You can't always be the one to suggest things "hey lets do this, lets go here, let me buy them this" there has to be a balance in any type of relationships, friendships included. You can't always be the one putting 100% of the effort to make up for your friends. They also have to put in their part. What I'm saying is that your friends have to care about you too, they have to give back to you, they have to reciprocate because it means that they care and they really are your friends. I'm not sure if I'm saying this the right way, but I feel that you have to let them seek you the way you seek them. You can't always be the one with the initiative, it gets tiring and it's very unfair. Do they really care about you the same way you care about them?

I don't think I would ever get a personal trainer. I had one trainer dude at the gym give me the wrong form for lifting. I'm better off researching and putting this stuff into action by myself.

I don't think I would ever get a personal trainer. I had one trainer dude at the gym give me the wrong form for lifting. I'm better off researching and putting this stuff into action by myself.

Yeah, that's the problem, I dunno how good they'll actually be until I've already paid

To be honest, I kind of want to just buy a fucking squat rack and stuff when I move out and get my friends to help check form

Also why are we both still awake? >_>

How much can you lift?
Heaviest I've done is 55KG. I just started lifting in October and began with the lightest weight. Gradually kept going heavier.
Yeah, that's the problem, I dunno how good they'll actually be until I've already paid

To be honest, I kind of want to just buy a fucking squat rack and stuff when I move out and get my friends to help check form

Also why are we both still awake? >_>
That's what I want to do as well. Get a squat rack and put it in the garage.

zeemumu

You gotta give yourself some self worth. You can't always be the one to suggest things "hey lets do this, lets go here, let me buy them this" there has to be a balance in any type of relationships, friendships included. You can't always be the one putting 100% of the effort to make up for your friends. They also have to put in their part. What I'm saying is that your friends have to care about you too, they have to give back to you, they have to reciprocate because it means that they care and they really are your friends. I'm not sure if I'm saying this the right way, but I feel that you have to let them seek you the way you seek them. You can't always be the one with the initiative, it gets tiring and it's very unfair. Do they really care about you the same way you care about them?

I don't really want to force people to put as much effort into the friendship as I do. I want them to do it on their own. Should I just start hanging back and see if they take the initiative?

Turin

Banned
Seems like I was correct. :)

I was up the whole night through looking through art and image sites (FA, DA, tumblr, imgur, etc.) and found a lot of nice art. But I don't want to spam. :p

Pffft. I spam shamelessly. :D

I don't really want to force people to put as much effort into the friendship as I do. I want them to do it on their own. Should I just start hanging back and see if they take the initiative?

I'd suggest hanging back and maybe try to enjoy your own company a bit. Whatever happens, you'll have a different perspective on your friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom