• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Oh my God.

I know I'm LTTP, but Silicon Valley is fucking GOLD. Sure, it has some mean tropes about software engineers and whatnot, but it encapsulates the navel gazing of the tech industry so damn well. As a matter of fact, it is making me feel so fucking uncomfortable ATM. This is satire done right.

"Let me explain you in five minutes my disruptive approach at holistic problem-solving techniques in non-vertical B2B environments, fostering creativity and empowering your employees to do more for you" - Any random gas bag in the start-up scene.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
As someone who's had to attend countless bashes-slash-junkets (and continues to do so at a lesser degree), the Kid Rock party at the premiere had me rolling and audibily cringing at the same time.

"Look at us, we are normal people! And we have money! We are normal people with money!" *queue obscure, dorkish but carefully designed self-felating pitch aimed at the ranks*

That shit was so cold it cracked my knuckles.

And holy fuck @ that line about team building retreats that are totally fun, but fucking mandatory to attend so help you God.

This show twists the knife.

EV6WqwB.png

It's not like I have a buying games for dirt cheap and never playing them problem or anything.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
One of my workmates just updated her fb to in a relationship with some dude. The temptation to write "don't cheat on this one with the maintenance guy" is reaallllly high right now lol.

I'm the worst kind of friend.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I have a gaming laptop, so I'm the red-headed step child of PC gaming.
I eek out about 5 hours on battery, if all I am doing is studying or writing papers.
The power brick is embarrassingly big, however.

Oh sure, so then you can lash me for having a pitiable graphics card currently.

Planning to upgrade to an Nvidia card sometime next year. Currently have a fairly low end AMD card.

I eek out about 5 hours on battery, if all I am doing is studying or writing papers.

Puny mortals, 980ti laughs at you.

*continues playing games that run on intel HD4400*

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I am. But living arrangements, and I don't give a rat's ass about specing out.
So far it runs every thing flawlessly.

Risgroo

It's not like I have a buying games for dirt cheap and never playing them problem or anything.
I haven't bought that many games after Steam switched to my local currency. Double digits scare me.
And you really should play Bioshock Infinite! Just remember to play on easy :p
Same. Is there a level between console pleb and PC master race? Shabby-genteel?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The good thing about switching jobs/pre-struggling during Christmas is how restrained I feel this year about Steam sales.

Those are my bane.

I'm a legit hoarder. The Diogenes is real.

Yo you
partly
bought me this laptop so I could game

;___;

What's wrong with Hearts of Iron 4?

We can reorganize the Soviet Order of Battle together.

Saw that. Seemed like an obvious play ever since I heard about ZenPhones having x86 processors. I want it to be just phone apps on the go, then when in continuum mode (or when you run a special desktop app) it has a desktop that you can run like a full computer.

Now someone get a Steam friends / store app for WP please.

I haven't bought that many games after Steam switched to my local currency. Double digits scare me.
And you really should play Bioshock Infinite! Just remember to play on easy :p

I've actually played Infinite (on PS3) but I never played the DLC for it. And I've wanted to replay it for a while but I don't think I could deal with the PS3 version again after being spoiled by PC gaming.

The good thing about switching jobs/pre-struggling during Christmas is how restrained I feel this year about Steam sales.

Those are my bane.

I'm a legit hoarder. The Diogenes is real.

Just send me some cheap Spanish wine.

Risgroo

I've actually played Infinite (on PS3) but I never played the DLC for it. And I've wanted to replay it for a while but I don't think I could deal with the PS3 version again after being spoiled by PC gaming.
Ah. The first episode isn't that great, but ep 2 is as good as anything in the main game.

Keep going in on the gun apologists in that thread please. I don't have the energy.

im about at the limit where even really tipsy me wont deal with it. im fucking tired of it all. i have to deal with family about it all the goddamned time

fuck it im moving to the UK or something. at least they get some things right and get like a month of vacation at minimum. fuck this country if we can't get our priorities right.

plus i love soccer so ill fit right in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom