• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I was around but I was weird back then

Dragonz, do you remember saying you met a doppleganger that looked like me at Gamestop?

Probably not. I remember pointless things all the time.

I was around but I was weird back then

Dragonz, do you remember saying you met a doppleganger that looked like me at Gamestop?

Probably not. I remember pointless things all the time.

I don't. Sorry :/

I HELPED CREATE IT

WITH MY BLOOD AND SWEAT AND TEARS

but I can't stay mad at you for some reason, so i forgive you this time

Also I'll help you with that stomach ache <3

mmmm pls

Jobbs

Banned
Given the quality of most of IGN's writing, you fit right in then. #shotsfired

I wrote all kinds of news stories and reviews, I don't remember many of them but the one I remember most is this one because I was told to like the game more and raise my score. I *hated* the game because it was fucking horrible shit, just a joke of a game

It says IGN staff at the top but if you scroll down you see muh name

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I used to write for IGN in the late 90s / early two thousandsies

I was awful
OcSUpvU.png

marrec

Banned
I wrote all kinds of news stories and reviews, I don't remember many of them but the one I remember most is this one because I was told to like the game more and raise my score. I *hated* the game because it was fucking horrible shit, just a joke of a game

It says IGN staff at the top but if you scroll down you see muh name

Jeff Gerstmann died for your sins.

Jobbs

Banned
There was one game that I reviewed *without playing it*.

I had a "key disc" for my Dreamcast which was circulated by Sega PR and generally closely kept track of. It allowed me to boot the console in a way that it could play burned copies of games.

One of the games I had to review -- I forget the name, but it was some quirky Japanese golf game -- The burn my editor sent me wouldn't boot. I couldn't get it to work. I knew he'd be really annoyed if I told him that, though, given some other things going wrong lately, so I opted to just BS the review.

I am nottt shittting you

I was a teenager at the time, bad writer and with questionable ethics

SolVanderlyn

This is what I ended up settling on for my sketching.

Eh.

And my house smells like bacon because of my dog's ball.
Not bad! Pretty cool.

Jobbs

Banned
Did the editors speak English?

I don't know why but "did the editors speak English?" is making me lose it.

Send help.

Yea. is that another dig at my writing? I already said it was bad. =D I was 16 when I started and not a good writer even for a 16 year old. I got the gig because I went for it and.. Got it. It was an easy time to get stuff like that if you wanted it, pre internet bubble burst.

Yea. is that another dig at my writing? I already said it was bad. =D I was 16 when I started and not a good writer even for a 16 year old. I got the gig because I went for it and.. Got it. It was an easy time to get stuff like that if you wanted it, pre internet bubble burst.

I took it more as a severe jab at IGN's editorial staff.

Misha

Banned

You said the editors made you say dumb stuff so I was questioning if they knew how English worked

Jobbs

Banned
I wish anything tasted as good as fresh coffee beans smell.

:: levitates ::

And as someone who has spent a long time on casting and directing VO, I can tell you opening the floor and casting a bunch of randoms will almost certainly result in a terrible, er, result

FUME5

And as someone who has spent a long time on casting and directing VO, I can tell you opening the floor and casting a bunch of randoms will almost certainly result in a terrible, er, result

But I've spent the last 10 minutes practicing my line.

"What are you looking at, you squid faced c*nt"

Etc...

zeemumu

Quiet Jobbs. You're gonna get us fired.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
If Don Hertzfeldt's 4 year old niece can voice act so can I

SolVanderlyn

You know you're a lazy motherfucker when you like your job and you still really don't want to go to it in the morning

FUME5

Maybe you guys wouldn't be so emotionally fragile if you listened to dope beats instead of....all that depressing shit you listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom