• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risgroo

Goodbye to the people who hated on me
Goodbye to the people who loved meeee

7gmRDrM.gif

The people who post minion memes over Facebook are basically the role examples I'm trying to avoid with all my strenght.

My oldest brother loves the hell outta of minions. Even he has minion blanket :(

Said older brother loves Jar Jar Binks as well.

e: did I mention he is a trump supporter and 9/11 truther?

Misha

Banned
You guys shattered Tence's innocence I hope you're all happy.

Hopefully you're not getting sick. Getting sick sucks.

I've already been sick. awful headache and stuff yesterday (and tons of gas...). Doing better in most ways but not quite good

marrec

Banned
I've already been sick. awful headache and stuff yesterday (and tons of gas...). Doing better in most ways but not quite good

Oh that sucks, wait tons of gas?

There's been a stomach thing hitting my workplace over the last few days, I've remained unaffected so far but only because I'm taking out the brain of those who come near me. One shot one kill.

In unrelated news, the impressions from GAFers in that BvS thread are making me a little bit more excited to see this movie. I've only ever really like 2 Zack Snyder movies so I'm always a little distrustful of his stuff, but hey maybe this is good.

Misha

Banned
Oh that sucks, wait tons of gas?

There's been a stomach thing hitting my workplace over the last few days, I've remained unaffected so far but only because I'm taking out the brain of those who come near me. One shot one kill.
well the gas was just over the course of an hour or two but it was bad when it was happening. I'm not sure this is exclusively a stomach thing though but there definitely was an element of that
In unrelated news, the impressions from GAFers in that BvS thread are making me a little bit more excited to see this movie. I've only ever really like 2 Zack Snyder movies so I'm always a little distrustful of his stuff, but hey maybe this is good.

I've only seen suckerpunch and watchmen which were pretty good at some points and not so much at others. By those, he's not a director I'd get excited for on his own.

FloatOn

I'm one of the few that actually liked man of steel so I'm semi looking forward to batman v superman.

I'm skeptical of two things though. 1) who they have playing lex and 2) battfleck

also them packing it with too many things has me a bit nervous. (doomsday, wonder woman etc)

marrec

Banned
The one thing I'm not skeptical of is Batfleck, I trust my slightly better looking Hollywood doppelganger to do a good job.

zeemumu

The one thing I'm not skeptical of is Batfleck, I trust my slightly better looking Hollywood doppelganger to do a good job.

It's really hard to fuck up batman on accident unless you add hilarious amounts of camp and Ben Affleck isn't a bad actor.

Misha

Banned
Yes, it's an oddly structured sentence.

Language elitism is one of my pet peeves, gets me all riled up.

I mean I'm pretty sure its not only a poor sentence, I'm pretty sure its grammatically incorrect

were picked up on it

I'm pretty sure thats not a real phrase and doesn't mean anything.

Also he has three separate independent clauses in a single sentence which makes it a run on and separates two of them with a comma rather than the proper semi colon.

glass houses etc

marrec

Banned
I mean I'm pretty sure its not only a poor sentence, I'm pretty sure its grammatically incorrect

Also he has three separate independent clauses in a single sentence which makes it a run on and separates two of them with a comma rather than the proper semi colon.

glass houses etc

You're absolutely right to point out his mistakes when he's talking shit from his high horse. I meant his language elitism was getting me riled up.

Take him out Agent Misha.

zeemumu

He screwed up the phrase "picked up on it" by combining that and "were picked up on" or "were picked on" from what I can tell.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Find myself at a mental health clinic in Dam Neck, VA Beach. I love coming back to this base, it's where I started my career

Edit: when the he'll did I get this tag and wtf is its context o_O

Misha

Banned
Happy birthday fish

He screwed up the phrase "picked up on it" by combining that and "were picked up on" or "were picked on" from what I can tell.

I couldn't tell if he was trying to say the kids at his school picked up on the phrasing and started using it or if the kids were picked on for using said phrasing because they appeared uneducated.

Edit: when the he'll did I get this tag and wtf is its context o_O

Thats unexpected. It was definitely within the last week

marrec

Banned
I couldn't tell if he was trying to say the kids at his school picked up on the phrasing and started using it or if the kids were picked on for using said phrasing because they appeared uneducated.

It's funny, because the usage of the word "like" almost never confuses the meaning for a native speaker, which is a hallmark of poor grammatical structure. So his mangling of that part of his sentence is much more grammatically incorrect than the linguistic windmills he's tilting at.

Misha

Banned
It's funny, because the usage of the word "like" almost never confuses the meaning for a native speaker, which is a hallmark of poor grammatical structure. So his mangling of that part of his sentence is much more grammatically incorrect than the linguistic windmills he's tilting at.

I sorta hope he posts again so I can make fun of his grammar some more. Its way more fun to do than it should be

ehhh his response was boring. not sure if i should proceed considering i would be the aggressor at that point. guy's seriously an idiot

zeemumu

I'm patiently waiting on my CS professor to post grades so I can know if I fucked up or not. It won't do a lot to change my schedule if I did but it'll be annoying. Calc and History went well so those are pluses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom