• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

hyperlight drifter drops on my birthday

the problem with this is that it is too close to dark souls 3 day

basically every video game is being put off until after I consume dark souls 3

marrec

Banned
Whatever, they're but ANTS COMPARED TO MY GIANT INTELLECT!

Seriously though I hope that dude never makes any important life decisions based on someone's casual use of the word "like" as a discourse marker.

I have a dentist appointment in 30 minutes and I'm going to get drilled which means I'm going to get numbed which means they're going to stick a needle in my mouth and I'm not having a good day.

The dentist is great at making the actual injection process almost painless, but the idea of a fucking needle sticking into my gums is always terrifying to me.

Misha

Banned
Whatever, they're but ANTS COMPARED TO MY GIANT INTELLECT!

Seriously though I hope that dude never makes any important life decisions based on someone's casual use of the word "like" as a discourse marker.
tbf I was complaining more generally at that point but yeah
I have a dentist appointment in 30 minutes and I'm going to get drilled which means I'm going to get numbed which means they're going to stick a needle in my mouth and I'm not having a good day.

The dentist is great at making the actual injection process almost painless, but the idea of a fucking needle sticking into my gums is always terrifying to me.

you just gotta sorta let it happen.accept the inevitability

zeemumu

tbf I was complaining more generally at that point but yeah

The internet boosts confidence because you'll likely never meet any of these people face to face and they don't know who you are in real life. Intelligence doesn't scale with it. Look at me. I say stupid shit on here all the time.

Dentists are evi.

bUhqFb.gif

hyperlight drifter drops on my birthday

the problem with this is that it is too close to dark souls 3 day

basically every video game is being put off until after I consume dark souls 3

Ooooooohhhhh shit :0

Hyper Light Drifter is out at the end of the month on STEAM.

Indie GotY 2016 just got a bit stiffer holy shit.

E: Mayhaps to put off getting Slain for now goddang

Misha

Banned
The internet boosts confidence because you'll likely never meet any of these people face to face and they don't know who you are in real life. Intelligence doesn't scale with it. Look at me. I say stupid shit on here all the time.

I say stupid stuff all the time too but I (like you I assume) am capable of realizing its stupid and also realize that its something I said and something I thought up so its completely fair to judge me on it

Also I'm now bored

Symphonia

Banned
But I have a problem because, outside of here, I have intentions of meeting with the people I start talking to. For example, girls I meet on OKCupid or Tinder. I'm fine talking online because, as you said, you're behind a screen. You automatically feel more confident. But when it comes to meeting them face-to-face, I'm a mess. I either stutter and stammer my way through a conversation, make awkward/inappropriate comments and jokes, or they just get put off instantly and walk off. I've had that happen before. It sucks.

zeemumu

But I have a problem because, outside of here, I have intentions of meeting with the people I start talking to. For example, girls I meet on OKCupid or Tinder. I'm fine talking online because, as you said, you're behind a screen. You automatically feel more confident. But when it comes to meeting them face-to-face, I'm a mess. I either stutter and stammer my way through a conversation, make awkward/inappropriate comments and jokes, or they just get put off instantly and walk off. I've had that happen before. It sucks.

It's fine. I had (still have? I don't know. I need to test it out in public a few more times) problems with anxiety when I'd talk to people I'd never spoken to before or people that I was interested in. It made life hell to the point that I eventually hit a breaking point and instead of breaking down and going insane I went the other way and pretty much gave up on most of my worries because it was too much. Whatever irrational fear that was spawning them in the first place never happened. I think psychologists refer to that as immersion therapy. *shrug*

It's easier said than done but you have to realize that your reasons for worrying are most likely bullshit, especially if the other person has already met you/seen your dating profile. And keep the humor/conversation maturity level to whatever level it was when you were messaging.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I've had guys that want me to call them daddy. It's fucking icky to me, I can't even

The mental image of someone calling me daddy while having sex is a bit disturbing. I guess in a way Im "nurturing" if I'm getting head but lord it sounds disgusting. Not sure what is more disgusting the brother fetish in anime or the people in real life calling their partner Daddy or Mommy.

Halcyon

What's up friends. I'm starting to feel a little pent up here. I've been hustling doing everything around the house and helping out with the baby but otherwise it's been alot of laying around in bed.

Gonna try to get to the gym in a bit.

FloatOn

uhhhhhh

so remember that big monthly meeting I was talking about that I put the slides together for?

my boss just asked me to do the presentation because he's going to help on the floor

I'm basically flying solo on this one.

this presentation is 50+ slides and covers the details of our entire operation for the month of february.

I'm either totally fucked or this is going to be my time to shine

pray 4 me

marrec

Banned
I have you in my prayers FloatOn and have sacrificed a pen to the Gods of PowerPoint in your name.

I survived the Dentist with minimal emotional scarring. Needles in gums OMG I almost passed out.

That dentist is dope because he's a huge nerd and we just talk about comic books the whole time. Makes for a nice, personable experience.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
uhhhhhh

so remember that big monthly meeting I was talking about that I put the slides together for?

my boss just asked me to do the presentation because he's going to help on the floor

I'm basically flying solo on this one.

this presentation is 50+ slides and covers the details of our entire operation for the month of february.

I'm either totally fucked or this is going to be my time to shine

pray 4 me

Be confident dude. I'm pretty sure you can do that just fine

Oh you definitely got caught. It's just embarrassing and tiring to call attention to it every time.

What's up friends. I'm starting to feel a little pent up here. I've been hustling doing everything around the house and helping out with the baby but otherwise it's been alot of laying around in bed.

How do you even have time for the gym? Everything is about the baby now and forever for the next eighteen years. All of your energy is for Evy! Your biological function as an individual has ceased, it's her time to shine! :p

Tell me about it. March fucking sucks.

Aw, March has been pretty great for me. April's going to be even better though.

Somnia

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member

Not too late to change the baby's name to Lyra or Saskia or Ariella or Digit or 'Crystal Wizard Woof Fuck'. I like the last one because that way when she's 19 and releases her first self-titled album, the album name can still sound fuckin' rad.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
One thing I hate about Harry Potter is that it gives responsible snake owners a bad image.

Jobbs

Banned
spilled piping hot coffee on my lap.. whole cup! I ripped my pants off as it buuuurnned

left a big welt

pray for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom