• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all need to watch The Magicians on Syfy, first season is getting close to being done but Jesus it's so good.

Last nights episode was fucking stellar.

unfortunately they do the gay trope but honestly at this point everyone does :(

Magicians is such a subversive show.

Windam

Scaley member
36d3d382f5.gif

You die first

Jobbs

Banned
Has anyone been watching legends of tomorrow? The concept seems fun but I haven't heard anything about it.

I watched the first season of the flash, then tried to watch the arrow and couldn't hang, then I started season 2 of the flash and couldn't hang

too old for those CW type shows, I think, except THe 100 although that one is starting to try me as well

I wish my art skills were up to snuff to be able to do the art for my own game. I could do the programming but that's about it. What engine are you making it on?

I'm sorry I almost forgot to answer your question. I'm using Stencyl, which has its challenges but has worked out for my game. Next time I would plan to use Unity, though I could also see flirting with UE4 a bit. What's your programming experience?

Jobbs

Banned
The only comic book shows worth anything anymore are iZombie and Gotham. S2 of Flash has been falling apart more and more with every passing week.

Like I said above, I couldn't hang with season 2. at some point I realized I hated everyone and wanted them to all be thrown off of roofs.. rooves? rooves.

I've thought about watching iZombie. Come close to starting on it a few times. It's probably up my alley since I like Veronica Mars.

Nah bud, Hayley Atwell

I don't know who the fuck that is but she's not doing a lot for me in that pic (sharp knees I guess)

jb1234

The only comic book shows worth anything anymore are iZombie and Gotham. S2 of Flash has been falling apart more and more with every passing week.

Yeah, S2 of Flash never really recovered from all the Legends of Tomorrow setup it had to do. It's also been indulging in CW melodrama more than I care for (although at least the love triangle dramas have been cut way back).

(For all writers, love triangles are almost NEVER INTERESTING. Please stop writing them.)

Wait Gotham of all things is good???

Yeah. It feels like a live-action BTAS, which I mean in the best way possible. Some of the earlier episodes had relatively weak writing, but it picked up quickly and S2 has been downright incredible.

Like I said above, I couldn't hang with season 2. at some point I realized I hated everyone and wanted them to all be thrown off of roofs.. rooves? rooves.

I've thought about watching iZombie. Come close to starting on it a few times. It's probably up my alley since I like Veronica Mars.

Oh, if you like VM then it's definitely something you'd enjoy. Unlike Gotham it takes to quickly. I didn't start watching it until halfway through the first season and I immediately had to watch the other six episodes I'd missed.

Yeah, S2 of Flash never really recovered from all the Legends of Tomorrow setup it had to do. It's also been indulging in CW melodrama more than I care for (although at least the love triangle dramas have been cut way back).

(For all writers, love triangles are almost NEVER INTERESTING. Please stop writing them.)

It can work in the case of a PoV character like Bella Swan from Twilight. Not that I'm defending Twilight's writing, but it makes sense in a wish-fulfillment kind of fashion to have two impossibly hot/supernatural guys vying for your love.

But yeah, usually it's just annoying, and I say that as part of the prime CW demographic.

zeemumu

I'm sorry I almost forgot to answer your question. I'm using Stencyl, which has its challenges but has worked out for my game. Next time I would plan to use Unity, though I could also see flirting with UE4 a bit. What's your programming experience?

Most of my formal classes use Java, so that's what I'm most experienced in, but I have used C# to code for Unity stuff in the past. Started off watching a bunch of the tutorials that they offer on their site, then learning to tweak the lessons to make my own stuff (adding a dash/boost to the top-down space shooter for example). Most complex thing I've ever made just using Java was an array-based game of what was basically hide and go seek with ninjas. Never added a GUI to it so display wise it was nothing special.

Misha

Banned
Yeah. It feels like a live-action BTAS, which I mean in the best way possible. Some of the earlier episodes had relatively weak writing, but it picked up quickly and S2 has been downright incredible.

I feel like someone told me this recently...

I watched a couple episodes, hated the writing and what they were doing with most characters except penguin and gave up

jb1234

It can work in the case of a PoV character like Bella Swan from Twilight. Not that I'm defending Twilight's writing, but it makes sense in a wish-fulfillment kind of fashion to have two impossibly hot/supernatural guys vying for your love.

But yeah, usually it's just annoying, and I say that as part of the prime CW demographic.

Jane the Virgin kinda pulls off the love triangle (and for two and a half seasons, no less!) but I think that's more a credit to that show's writing and charm.

I found out that Tank Girl and Paul Reubens were in this and Turin refuses to explain.

WHAT THE HELL, TURIN?

zeemumu

I found out that Tank Girl and Paul Reubens were in this and Turin refuses to explain.

Speaking of BTAS, I watched the entirety of Justice League and Justice League Unlimited the other day. It was fine.

SystemBug

Don't forget Supergirl!

Never watched it. I mean maybe I should just because the main lead is cute and is fit but i usually dont watch shows for the hotties. Maybe the 100 when I first started watching it because I thought octavia was hot but then the show pulled like a 180 and blew my mind.

The last few episodes of flash were pretty good imo

jb1234

Never watched it. I mean maybe I should just because the main lead is cute and is fit but i usually dont watch shows for the hotties. Maybe the 100 when I first started watching it because I thought octavia was hot but then the show pulled like a 180 and blew my mind.

It's actually okay. I'd say better than LoT and Arrow but not up to The Flash.

Jobbs

Banned
I just want to see someone's attempts to make some named Captain fuckin Boomerang formidable.

tumblr_ng1amrjApz1tgcum7o1_400-1417703172.gif

The Flash can move fast enough to do that and more -- travel through time -- etc -- but for some reason "dude with freeze gun" can almost beat him

zeemumu

The Flash can move fast enough to do that and more -- travel through time -- etc -- but for some reason "dude with freeze gun" can almost beat him

The excuse was that in Season 1 Flash was still being trained to use his powers
by Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash
so he's not fully realized Barry yet. For example he breaks his arm attempting to punch this guy who can harden his skin. And that freeze gun was specifically designed to stop Barry should he ever go rogue.

Time travel has to happen at some point because he's gotta go back in time to when his mom was killed to fight Professor Zoom. I'd spoiler-tag that but it happens within the first 5 minutes and it's not that hard to discern who was fighting inside a red and yellow vortex.

If you want see some Flash time travel insanity, watch Flashpoint Paradox.

jb1234

Yup he is. jai Courtney is playing him

I'm completely baffled as to how Jai Courtney has a career. Maybe he'll turn out to be the next Channing Tatum, where it's revealed that he actually CAN act and was just hiding it the entire time.

Misha

Banned
The excuse was that in Season 1 Flash was still being trained to use his powers
by Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash
so he's not fully realized Barry yet. For example he breaks his arm attempting to punch this guy who can harden his skin. And that freeze gun was specifically designed to stop Barry should he ever go rogue.

Time travel has to happen at some point because he's gotta go back in time to when his mom was killed to fight Professor Zoom. I'd spoiler-tag that but it happens within the first 5 minutes and it's not that hard to discern who was fighting inside a red and yellow vortex.

If you want see some Flash time travel insanity, watch Flashpoint Paradox.

Heres the real question: when does Wally become the main character?
I'm completely baffled as to how Jai Courtney has a career. Maybe he'll turn out to be the next Channing Tatum, where it's revealed that he actually CAN act and was just hiding it the entire time.

He's looking pretty good in the suicide squad previews. Maybe it helps to speak in his native accent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom