• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Heart Defender sounds like a sword that Sailor Moon or another member of her entourage would use.

Kevyt

He's an english teacher. That's japanese for english.

If anyone here actually knows Japanese well enough to translate it, I may have a use for you.

I can cook, clean, do chores, laundry and many other things you desire Jobbs-senpai!

Do you have an use for me? :D

God, I don't know if I ever finished Crash 1. Who's insane idea was it to make it so hard?
CernySmile.gif

Swords can't talk

I mean, "word" is right there in the name. (that's how English works, right?)

Jobbs

Banned
I can cook, clean, do chores, laundry and many other things you desire Jobbs-senpai!

Do you have an use for me? :D

I do have a small task, yes, yes. I've been toying with the idea of solving the structure of matter and space time, and I'm looking for someone who knows how to interface a lepton with a nucleon. LMK if you know much about that

It says English. What do I win?

a fucking slap

AbleGivingDotterel.gif

Skyward Sword begs to differ

Skyward Sword is so desperately trash that I'd purged it from memory

MutFox

Banned
Skyward Sword is so desperately trash that I'd purged it from memory

It was really good for the most part,
but those collect-o-thons really sucked.

Combat once you click with it, is pretty good.
Though most enemies aren't very hard.
Felt like the borrowed elements from the Souls series.

It was really good for the most part,
but those collect-o-thons really sucked.

Combat once you click with it, is pretty good.
Though most enemies aren't very hard.
Felt like the borrowed elements from the Souls series.

You almost had me.

I was on board for a hot second and then the bolded.

MutFox

Banned
Are you trying to equate Skyward Sword with Souls?

C'mon man.

I've played them all, and they did get influenced by the Souls series.
You can tell how the combat got changed in SS.
Not the waggle, but how they even brought in stamina very similar to Souls

Though the Souls series got influenced by early 3D Zelda`s in terms of combat,
but the Souls series definitely evolved it.

Jobbs

Banned
I have similar feelings towards Windam, Skyward Sword, and Foggy from Daredevil

I grew up an absolute Nintendo fanboy, and I was in my formative kid years right during the golden age of SNES. It took a lot to undo that love, but Nintendo managed to do it, and it was mainly by way of Wii and what it did to not only how we interfaced with the games but how the real stupid fuck age of Nintendo and its collective thought towards game design was crystalized in that cycle.

MutFox

Banned

I grew up an absolute Nintendo fanboy, and I was in my formative kid years right during the golden age of SNES. It took a lot to undo that love, but Nintendo managed to do it, and it was mainly by way of Wii and what it did to not only how we interfaced with the games but how the real stupid fuck age of Nintendo was crystalized in that cycle.

Nintendo really pushed me away too with most of their philosophies.
The way they deal with online is just archaic when comparing.

Still have some of their games,
but I`m mostly a PC player now.
(Have been for about 3 generations now)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

I grew up an absolute Nintendo fanboy, and I was in my formative kid years right during the golden age of SNES. It took a lot to undo that love, but Nintendo managed to do it, and it was mainly by way of Wii and what it did to not only how we interfaced with the games but how the real stupid fuck age of Nintendo and its collective thought towards game design was crystalized in that cycle.

The Wii is when Nintendo died in my eyes.

Jobbs

Banned
I remember when the wii was something people would kill for.

And die for

I think Nintendo has the possibility of making a comeback, especially as their old hands retire. Their young guns are responsible for Splatoon, which is one of the rare recent examples of Nintendo being, er, fresh.

I'm also cautiously optimistic about the next Zelda, I feel like Eiji Aonuma is possibly interested in reversing some of the bad habits they've developed (especially those surrounding robbing any sense of actual exploration or discovery). We saw baby steps in this direction with ALBW.

I bet our rose pedal scented friend would love this

Turin

Banned
Windam's a beautiful slug.

WHAT THE HELL, TURIN?

The fuck did I do?!

Oh.......

I found out that Tank Girl and Paul Reubens were in this and Turin refuses to explain.

Speaking of BTAS, I watched the entirety of Justice League and Justice League Unlimited the other day. It was fine.

I don't really know who Tank Girl is.

Paul Reubens Penguin was one of the few things that kept Season 1 of Gotham going. Then he got annoying. Now I like him again because he doesn't get an excessive amount of screen time.

I remember when the wii was something people would kill for.

The hype was to much , everyone loved it
Poor wii u with infinite L's

Idk how I spent 55 or was it 60 hours total playtime on skyward sword and that was without doing the side quests 0_o

It was a meh game with some decent dungeons and bosses but that damn tear collecting zzzzzzzz

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Oh then Solvanderlyn should have his students read his story and have his students critique it imo.
I have already started doing this, actually, especially because it's written as what could be considered YA fiction.

Edit: What is this Wii hate? I loved the Wii. It was different enough to be totally unique from PS3/360, which I actually liked - when there's three competitors on the market, it's nice to have games that feel really exclusive to a system you've bought. The Wii U's stupid tablet is a totally separate story, however.

zeemumu

Would it make more sense to continue with working ti get my bachelor's in computer science and then apply to grad school for CIS instead of switching majors now since im akready so deep in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom