• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
Who likes Mafia/Werewolf?

If you said yes or I don't know, there's a GAF game that needs 6 more people to sign up before it gets going

Pls note these games can be quite an investment and can last well over a month, so keep that in mind, but yeah. Get involved yo!

do you know if theres a specific reason they list genders on the roster? I'm curious since thats not particularly necessary information in such a game

my guess is just so people don't have to be corrected on pronouns but I'm still wondering if there was a specific incident or something

do you know if theres a specific reason they list genders on the roster? I'm curious since thats not particularly necessary information in such a game

my guess is just so people don't have to be corrected on pronouns but I'm still wondering if there was a specific incident or something

Yeah it's just so that people get the pronouns right -

The OP said:
GAF Mafia has a gender pronoun policy. Because players have to refer to each other throughout the game and we don't want to misgender anyone, we'd like to know your preferred personal pronoun - be it he, she, they, ze or any other. Other players will refer to you by that pronoun, and this will be carefully enforced. We'd also like you to respect the other players by being careful to use their chosen personal pronoun too. You are free not to disclose your preferred pronoun, in which case other players will refer to you as they.

No specific incident that I'm aware of, I think it was just because there was the old assuming everyone on the internet is male thing going on in early games

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Had a nice lunch and now I need to go to a store to buy some food for the weekend. Quite uneventful day today...

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Haha the stream split in half

I might re-do it tomorrow morning because I was in such a shitty mood from today that I just WAS NOT having fun haha

Bad vibes on that stream :p

Ohhh was it because my good vibes were missing there? JK

Don't be too hard on yourself with the rigging. That can be annoying at times but you know you'll get that done anyway. Don't get too frustrated with C64 too cause those controllers... Yikes.

Misha

Banned
what if in like 3 years WB reboots the DCCU by having flash from a different dimension come in and it shows that this is actually the universe where he screwed everything up, making batman a killer etc. basically flashpoint, of course, but more or less an inverse version to allow for an entire tone shift and recasting of whichever characters they feel they need to. it wouldn't require them to cancel movies like shazam either (i just really want a shazam movie)

FloatOn

Watching Batman bin Suparman in a couple of hours.

Pray 4 me.

etljwVi.gif

on it Papa

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
what if in like 3 years WB reboots the DCCU by having flash from a different dimension come in and it shows that this is actually the universe where he screwed everything up, making batman a killer etc. basically flashpoint, of course, but more or less an inverse version to allow for an entire tone shift and recasting of whichever characters they feel they need to. it wouldn't require them to cancel movies like shazam either (i just really want a shazam movie)

Be careful with what you wish for.

Just be glad Suicide Squad is looking good.

Suicide Squad looks like a mess. Margot Robbie is trying way too hard to be quirky and insane and the whole concept just looks ridiculous. Some of the lines in the trailer legit made me cringe and die inside.

I'm not here for it.

marrec

Banned
The overly self-serious tone of DC movies is such a fucking bore.

Suicide Squad could be a ray of hope in a sea of shit.

Misha

Banned
Be careful with what you wish for.

Just be glad Suicide Squad is looking good.

I wish for Wally West as flash. also Harley x Ivy, Cyborg back in the titans, a non-goofy lex, oracle, static shock in the universe with his own movie, a joker who is more like jerome from gotham(basically more like TAS), a booster gold movie, and a batman movie with the riddler as a villain
Suicide Squad looks like a mess. Margot Robbie is trying way too hard to be quirky and insane and the whole concept just looks ridiculous. Some of the lines in the trailer legit made me cringe and die inside.

I'm not here for it.
tumblr_n9pvnzwcaS1snxfj7o2_250.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Lol Suicide Squad looks like it can be another kind of mess. I already have low expectations but if it happens to be good color me surprised.

marrec

Banned
Barry Flash will be fine because he's an amalgam of Wally and pre-Crisis Barry now anyway.

As long as they don't fuck up the Rogues in the Flash movie.

Ohhh was it because my good vibes were missing there? JK

Don't be too hard on yourself with the rigging. That can be annoying at times but you know you'll get that done anyway. Don't get too frustrated with C64 too cause those controllers... Yikes.

God tier Earthbound banter haha

I think today was one giant pile of frustrations which resulted in a very real feeling of "Fuck Today"(tm)

(Good lord those CV64 controls. Jesus)

Misha

Banned
Barry Flash will be fine because he's an amalgam of Wally and pre-Crisis Barry now anyway.

As long as they don't fuck up the Rogues in the Flash movie.

I don't really read comics much so I idk exactly but barry in flash sorta has a boring personality from what I saw. not as boring as what they did to green arrow though. probably more a cw problem than consulting or anything tbf

marrec

Banned
Either of them could kill you if they wanted to.

Dragonz is the queen for a reason.

I fear no queen or king, I am master of my own fate.

I don't really read comics much so I idk exactly but barry in flash sorta has a boring personality from what I saw. not as boring as what they did to green arrow though. probably more a cw problem than consulting or anything tbf

God that just turned Green Arrow into fake-Batman, always the worse when that happens.

Wally was never my favorite Flash, but his personality is definitely mixed in with nu-52 Barry and with the CW show Barry.

Misha

Banned
I fear no queen or king, I am master of my own fate.

God that just turned Green Arrow into fake-Batman, always the worse when that happens.

Wally was never my favorite Flash, but his personality is definitely mixed in with nu-52 Barry and with the CW show Barry.

just to make sure, is Wally in justice league accurate to teh comics?

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Oh that's awesome! I'm assuming you're ammo?

My dad's a retired Navy chief and he wants me to make a career out of it but I don't think I want to.
Yeah, CRAM (Counter rocket artillery and mortar). And you gotta do what's best for you. I never meant to be in this long, but they keep throwing reenlist ment bonuses at me, lol. I'm up for Chief this year, made board and everything. I figure if I do I might as well go another 9 years and retire.

marrec

Banned
just to make sure, is Wally in justice league accurate to teh comics?

For the most part, his personality changed a lot depending on who wrote him but he was always portrayed as kind of a wide-eyed idealist with a quick sense of humor who loved everything about The Flash.

The one thing they didn't really get in the Justice League cartoon was his unabashed Flash fandom.

I like current Barry because he's the best of both characters. He's a methodical scientist who also really loves being The Flash and actually has a sense of humor.

Misha

Banned
For the most part, his personality changed a lot depending on who wrote him but he was always portrayed as kind of a wide-eyed idealist with a quick sense of humor who loved everything about The Flash.

The one thing they didn't really get in the Justice League cartoon was his unabashed Flash fandom.

I like current Barry because he's the best of both characters. He's a methodical scientist who also really loves being The Flash and actually has a sense of humor.

the worst part imo is I can't see snyder directing a good flash personality. seems like they would be completely incompatible

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Yeah, CRAM (Counter rocket artillery and mortar). And you gotta do what's best for you. I never meant to be in this long, but they keep throwing reenlist ment bonuses at me, lol. I'm up for Chief this year, made board and everything. I figure if I do I might as well go another 9 years and retire.
Just a question, but do you get tired of hero worship just because you're in the military? Like a default?

marrec

Banned
the worst part imo is I can't see snyder directing a good flash personality. seems like they would be completely incompatible

I was devastated when it was announced that Zack Snyder was the creative lead for the DCCU's currently lineup. He was the perfect choice for Watchmen, but that tone is the antithesis of The Flash and Snyder hasn't shown he can be earnest and joyful enough to accurately portray anything to do with Barry or Wally.

Everything Snyder has done so far is dripping in cynicism or irony or negative social commentary. He's the opposite of cloying in every way and it's usually annoying.

zeemumu

Arrow basically started out as Batman without the one rule. Despite that, I appreciate that they addressed the fact that you can't just murder dozens of nameless thugs.

Barry should probably be a bit more sarcastic/cocky as speedsters are known to be.

Hey, I've been attempting to kill you in dark souls for days now.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Her: So, you can stay later if you want, I'm going to head out for a bit. It's up to you, though.

Me, staying four extra unpaid hours on a day I don't have to be there completely by choice: I'm going to finish this first, I haven't decided if I'll stay yet

*She leaves*

Me:

riUJpTO.gif

DrM

Redmond's Baby
It is spring and local farmers are taking manure or liquid version of it on the fields. That turns afternoon walk into very 'pleasant' experience

Counting days until next water contamination

Yeah, if you do ten years you might as well just go for your twenty. It's just...I don't think I'm ever gonna be able to get out of my MOS because it's undermanned, and I don't want to do it for a full career, so I might as well just get out.

But I know they're gonna start offering hefty reenlistment bonuses, so I'm torn.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Hero culture surrounding the military is one of the oddest things in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom