• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lili was the clouds and I'll be the rain.

Unless he absolutely thrashes Hillary in New York and California (very unlikely) he still has no path to getting the nom.

Misha

Banned
Those are really nice
We called them 'pirhi' or 'pisanke' (well, look at that familiarity) around here

Tbf I get my spellings from the internet since its pretty much all oral tradition for my family.

Its unfortunate though cause I can't look up if other people celebrate feshangi with chieregi

Jobbs

Banned
Bunch of negative Nancy's up in here

smh

Bernie has no path to the nomination, it's a fool's hope. Even if he could win the regular delegates, have you ever heard of super delegates?

It's not possible, it is really cute though seeing young people run around excited about something

Bernie has no path to the nomination, it's a fool's hope. Even if he could win the regular delegates, have you ever heard of super delegates?

It's not possible, it is really cute though seeing young people run around excited about something

The majority of superdelegates would switch to his side if he would get a pledged delegate lead.

That would certainly happen. If it wouldn't, the party would have a massive schism which would cause all kinds of problems in the general election.

Gross but not surprising.

I should know better than to expect a rich white girl to look outside of her own circumstance :/

I think you would be surprised at how many charities I support and how many service missions I've been on. I simply don't trust the government to take care of people in the most efficient nor helpful manner.

Helping people is about more than liking articles on Facebook and attending a convention because your crush is going to be there, and it's about more than asking someone else to do the work for you. It's about actually donating your own time and money to services you believe in.

Jobbs

Banned
The majority of superdelegates would switch to his side if he would get a pledged delegate lead.

That would certainly happen. If it wouldn't, the party would have a massive schism which would cause all kinds of problems in the general election.

schism... another word I love

Jobbs

Banned
I think you would be surprised at how many charities I support and how many service missions I've been on. I simply don't trust the government to take care of people in the most efficient nor helpful manner.

Helping people is about more than liking articles on Facebook and attending a convention because your crush is going to be there, and it's about more than asking someone else to do the work for you. It's about actually donating your own time and money to services you believe in.

I'm not saying donating your time and money are bad, they're good and positive things, but problems like poverty and lack of access to healthcare, both of which have abysmally high rates in our country, can only be solved by government. Whether you trust it to or not, there's no other way to address it. Private citizens donating their time hasn't solved the problem

I'm not saying donating your time and money are bad, they're good and positive things, but problems like poverty and lack of access to healthcare, both of which have abysmally high rates in our country, can only be solved by government. Whether you trust it to or not, there's no other way to address it. Private citizens donating their time hasn't solved the problem

Yep

I've spent the last half hour still in bed glancing back and forward into that Trump foreign policy thread and cackling like a madman.

1e0DWmGAfJEyC2DR9FHGNfztghQMYqovAvgUTy0DTIm0QjIPHrcvsXUfdQFbWj7IRjwDUg=w176-h144-nc

FloatOn

You don't have to justify yourself to me, although that probably is pretty telling of your conscience right now.

I happen to believe that a function of government is addressing the systemic issues that cause those less fortunate to fall through the cracks. If that makes me naive, then judge away.

I won't list off what I do with my own charitable efforts because it would seem retaliatory at this point but what I will say is that your assumptions about me are false. Additionally, you trying to weaponize my personal life is extremely off-putting.

But I guess it would be logical to assume that you did that because I offended you. Let me be the first to apologize for that.

I've spent the last half hour still in bed glancing back and forward into that Trump foreign policy thread and cackling like a madman.

1e0DWmGAfJEyC2DR9FHGNfztghQMYqovAvgUTy0DTIm0QjIPHrcvsXUfdQFbWj7IRjwDUg=w176-h144-nc

I didn't even bother reading it because I knew it would all be inane refuse.

Watching one Trump rally almost did me in. The way he can say absolutely nothing at all and have his supporters eat it up is something else.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
FUCK THE LAST OF US

Sorry, but I'm sick of this game getting hailed as the pinnacle of game storytelling. Was the story good? Yes, especially the character interactions and development. Great? For its genre, maybe. Is it overrated? Hell yes.

People who post one word/picture answers are also awful human beings.

Excuse me as I wallow in salt. I'd probably get banned for insulting TLoU on gaming side.

Jobbs

Banned
FUCK THE LAST OF US

Sorry, but I'm sick of this game getting hailed as the pinnacle of game storytelling. Was the story good? Yes, especially the character interactions and development. Great? For its genre, maybe. Is it overrated? Hell yes.

Excuse me as I wallow in salt. I'd probably get banned for insulting TLoU on gaming side.

The Last of Us was a really solidly told story, well acted, well written -- All very uncommon things in video games. In my opinion it's the best executed story in a video game to date.

Official good sunday morning vibes to ya all, have some King Crimson

I didn't even bother reading it because I knew it would all be inane refuse.

Watching one Trump rally almost did me in. The way he can say absolutely nothing at all and have his supporters eat it up is something else.

I had the misfortune of stumbling upon it and it was like watching a family dinner table politics conversation, except it's not just family, it's an entire demographic.
Super fascinating and terrifying

Oooh, may I join?

we have a serious cyber problem in here, the lack of cyber is bad, I think we need more cyber

The true Power of Cyber™

You don't have to justify yourself to me, although that probably is pretty telling of your conscience right now.

I happen to believe that a function of government is addressing the systemic issues that cause those less fortunate to fall through the cracks. If that makes me naive, then judge away.

I won't list off what I do with my own charitable efforts because it would seem retaliatory at this point but what I will say is that your assumptions about me are false. Additionally, you trying to weaponize my personal life is extremely off-putting.

But I guess it would be logical to assume that you did that because I offended you. Let me be the first to apologize for that.

I retaliated because you attacked me. You called me gross and inconsiderate which couldn't be further from the truth. I have the right to defend myself and you shouldn't belittle that.

Look, I know Bernie supporters mean well, I just happen to disagree on whether his policies would lead to a better world overall. I think this is a hot-button issue and everybody has a different opinion because they have a different perspective. But please understand that just because I advocate a different path towards alleviating sickness and poverty doesn't mean I am okay with people suffering.

A simple illustration: medical care costs more than people can afford, so Bernie wants to spend more taxes to subsidize the cost of the care. I would vastly prefer medical care just didn't cost as much to begin with. There are so many ways that could be done: reduce regulations, increase the reach of medical education via internet programs, limit how much medicine can cost, et cetera.

Misha

Banned
The Last of Us was a really solidly told story, well acted, well written -- All very uncommon things in video games. In my opinion it's the best told/acted/executed story yet to be delivered by a video game.

Thats what you get when you're willing to shell out for actors like Ellen page

Symphonia

Banned
Does anyone else here ever get the feeling that you just don't belong? Or that you just appear to kind of, well, not be noticed? Or aren't appreciated as much as you should be?

Does anyone else here ever get the feeling that you just don't belong? Or that you just appear to kind of, well, not be noticed? Or aren't appreciated as much as you should be?

All the time. I've always been an inbetweener but you learn that it's actually a good thing rather than a setback.

Still have the awkward feelings now and then

SystemBug

FUCK THE LAST OF US

The way I see it, a story can have a bunch of shit to it but if the lasting effect of it is not heartfelt I don't care. It's the only game to make me legit tear up and I think thats a testament to that.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The Last of Us was a really solidly told story, well acted, well written -- All very uncommon things in video games.
I agree.

In my opinion it's the best executed story in a video game to date.
1534.gif

All the time.

Not really. If I post something and no one responds to it I just figure it's not a subject people want to talk about or feel like they have an appropriate response towards. I try to learn from this and get a better feel for the room next time.

Regarding your previous post, I have no idea why you have 18K Twitter followers. I also have no idea what your Twitter profile is so I can't easily look into it. That's a hell of a lot more followers than I have! But I rarely post anything so it doesn't bother me. It does make me curious why, if you have that many followers, you were struggling to get 100 subs on YouTube earlier. Is it just a completely different audience?

I'm curious what you think is your favourite story in games?

(I don't mean this to start a debate about TLoU, I genuinely am curious due to tastes and whatnot)

I love the episode of TNG when there's a trial to disprove that this woman is a deity, and Data is arbitrating

I really feel like I came into my own, acting wise, in Devil's Due. I felt that Data's nature, as a character, really gave me a great perspective of the script.

Devil's Due is fucking rad. Ardra, the lass who claims she's the Devil, kills it in that ep. Also Data being Data.

SolVanderlyn

I'm curious what you think is your favourite story in games?

(I don't mean this to start a debate about TLoU, I genuinely am curious due to tastes and whatnot)
Xenogears, Metal Gear Solid 2, Xenosaga, Suikoden II, Suikoden V,...

RPGs in particular tend to tell much more intricate stories than a game like TLoU. TLoU is up there, but far from the best. I can take the same comment about other games not being in the same league and apply it to the games above, in order of best to worst.

FloatOn

I wonder if you would say the same thing about MLK supporters if you were from that time.

Your cynicism doesn't make you cool, it makes you cynical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom