• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Blow out the yolk first. The one I posted here doesn't have anything inside so we'll keep it forever

That is what we do with special ones. In some regions here they firstly color it, then remove yolk and for the final they use needles to make small holes, which in the end form complex patterns and are stunning to look at. And very fragile.. But even 'normal' easter eggs could turn nice in the end.

Is that the guy from Maverick Men? lol

I just reverse image searched. Apparently so! lmao

hey who snapped this photo of me?

tumblr_naxo3iExvv1qmn464o3_540.jpg

He's not even cute

The lies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Can't sleep :|

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Now I'm going to keep seeing Bernie in my closet out of the corner of my eye

Bernie really keeping America awake

Apologies for last night's tantrum. Was in a shit mood fuelled by alcohol and anxiety.
It's cool. Alcohol induced posting should be judged differently from sober posting.

Misha

Banned
That is what we do with special ones. In some regions here they firstly color it, then remove yolk and for the final they use needles to make small holes, which in the end form complex patterns and are stunning to look at. And very fragile.. But even 'normal' easter eggs could turn nice in the end.

My grandfather was telling me about those.

I couldn't imagine not breaking them

SolVanderlyn

SolVanderlyn

Ideal body is Brad Pitt from Fight Club

AcridMeat

Banned

SystemBug

I realize it's not everyone's taste but I unapologetically love Starbomb. In particular I love singing along to BEST Zelda Rap EVER.

It's weird because I think most "real" rap is gross and awkward. I have bad taste in music.
Oh yeah I was like that. Thought rap wasn't real music but once I found artists I liked, it turned out it was the music I could relate to the most.

But that's not to say I exclusively listen to rap. My favourite bands are like Radiohead, Strokes, Vampire Weekend etc.

At least you're up front about it.

That said I have several "nerdcore", which is a horrifically cringy term, artists. Unapologetic about how awesome Optimus Rhyme is.

Okay, so, this is gonna be rude and shots fired and all, and I'm totally down for a debate on the matter, but I kind of think it's okay to like dorky things if you have a lot of confidence and enough other things going for you.

It's like Robert Downey Jr. says in Tropic Thunder: never go full retard. Except instead of retard it's never go full nerd/dork/geek. Not that being full retard/nerd/etc is bad, but that people won't be endeared to you if you're fully that. Going full retard is off-putting, and it's why we hate Flanderized characters who are nothing but flaws, yet we also hate perfect people or posers who just do what they're told is cool. Find a middle ground! Mix a little silly with your serious.

And thus I think it's telling for someone to take fault with something dorky on principle. Specifically, it tells me they don't have the confidence to indulge in certain pleasures. 99% of the time I hear the word "cringe" that's the takeaway I get. But I'd love to have a discussion on the subject! :)

AcridMeat

Banned
The only thing I have issue with is the term. Simply because it's still hip hop/rap, and "core" does not infer that at all. It's that part of the word that I have a problem with, as it just isn't a very good description for what the genre actually is.

I have absolutely no qualms in being who you are, and confident and happy doing and expressing so. My comments are always in jest, my butt isn't actually ready for fengshui, but maybe by next week.

The only thing I have issue with is the term. Simply because it's still hip hop/rap, and "core" does not infer that at all. It's that part of the word that I have a problem with, as it just isn't a very good description for what the genre actually is.

I have absolutely no qualms in being who you are, and confident and happy doing and expressing so. My comments are always in jest, my butt isn't actually ready for fengshui, but maybe by next week.

Oh, I know you're generally joking. Sorry if I was unclear about that. I just want people to feel free to let loose every now and again, and to have confidence in themselves. Confidence is so attractive! :)

AcridMeat

Banned
Trust me I sang Bee Gees in front of strangers this past week. I don't have issues with letting loose.

In this case it's the naming convention. I'd be saying the same thing if soccer was called fannyball.

Clydefrog

calling it now. England wins EURO 2016, runners-up Italy.

Germany gets shat on in the group stage.

Spain is dead :(

Wales gets 4th place

Trust me I sang Bee Gees in front of strangers this past week. I don't have issues with letting loose.

In this case it's the naming convention. I'd be saying the same thing if soccer was called fannyball.

oh haha. But then you could call its enthusiasts fanny fans!

You have to be in the filthiest, most desperate mood to lust after something as revolting as a barefoot dude in a gas station.

Gross. That is the kind of stuff I'd expect from Britney Spears stand. Love yourself, Jake 💕

Thank you for saying this.

I don't wanna talk trash about STEAM GAF because I love most of those people there, very dearly and I really do..

But if you have brown stuff on your big toe, how do you not wash it immediately with hot water and soap?

Whatever would possess a person to taste what that brown stuff is on their toe? I can almost smell the dogshit wafting through the air.

I have never had a post on Gaming Community side blow my mind like that. I was desperately trying to not gag before breakfast.

As you can imagine, Steam GAF worries the hell out of me at times.

Like we all know that most of FAKEGAF would be DTF at a drop of a hat and all that.

But Steam GAF, man. Shit's worrisome.

zeemumu

Okay, so, this is gonna be rude and shots fired and all, and I'm totally down for a debate on the matter, but I kind of think it's okay to like dorky things if you have a lot of confidence and enough other things going for you.

It's like Robert Downey Jr. says in Tropic Thunder: never go full retard. Except instead of retard it's never go full nerd/dork/geek. Not that being full retard/nerd/etc is bad, but that people won't be endeared to you if you're fully that. Going full retard is off-putting, and it's why we hate Flanderized characters who are nothing but flaws, yet we also hate perfect people or posers who just do what they're told is cool. Find a middle ground! Mix a little silly with your serious.

And thus I think it's telling for someone to take fault with something dorky on principle. Specifically, it tells me they don't have the confidence to indulge in certain pleasures. 99% of the time I hear the word "cringe" that's the takeaway I get. But I'd love to have a discussion on the subject! :)

You can still be pretty nerdy as long as you're passionate about something. People tend to like it when someone has a subject matter that they're absolutely enthusiastic about. Full nerd can be off-putting but at the same time it's slightly better than being completely void of any form of enthusiasm for anything, unless you're enthusiastic about not being enthusiastic. That said, It's also important to gauge the reaction of whoever you're with to know that you're going overboard and need to change the subject.

And Happy Easter. It's my last day of spring break before the new quarter rolls in.

Halcyon

I like to be well rounded. I'd say I'm a good mixture of geeky funny sporty and mechanical. I'm also pretty confident in who I am so I don't tend to feel like if I'm doing something uncool that I'm being judged for it.

But there's been times in my life where I'm addicted to videogames and eating poorly while collecting import DBZ figures and it made me wildly unhappy. Being well rounded is better.

FloatOn

There is certainly a line that shouldn't be crossed with regards to neediness. It's largely contingent on the company and social setting you are in I feel.

I do think that editing oneself too much inhibits personality and that really benefits no one.

zeemumu

There is certainly a line that shouldn't be crossed with regards to neediness. It's largely contingent on the company and social setting you are in I feel.

I do think that editing oneself too much inhibits personality and that really benefits no one.

Editing yourself screws you over later because you lose your sense of identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom