• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm probably a little judgmental if it's obvious they're just looking for attention. I barely have any pictures of me by myself on Facebook, and literally no selfies, because I prefer to use it as a tool for community building rather than a way to extol my narcissism.
God damn, extol is such a good word

Jobbs

Banned
When your friends post sexy pictures on FB, do you judge them, or appreciate them?

I don't use facebook, but definitely both.

God damn, extol is such a good word

I'm a little unsure but I feel like it was misused there

Oh, wow, I'm glad it didn't get any worse for you. We had to rush my brother to the hospital and they thought he was never going to speak again. Ironically now he talks more than all of us and is involved in all kinds of stage productions.

jeez that musta been scary

BTW I've never broken any bones. fractured only (ribs, which is as painful as they say).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
ex·tol
ikˈstōl/Submit
verb
praise enthusiastically.
"he extolled the virtues of the Russian peoples"
synonyms: praise enthusiastically, go into raptures about/over, wax lyrical about, sing the praises of, praise to the skies, acclaim, exalt, eulogize, adulate, rhapsodize over, rave about, enthuse about/over, overpraise

Seems close enough to me

Jobbs

Banned
ex·tol
ikˈstōl/Submit
verb
praise enthusiastically.
"he extolled the virtues of the Russian peoples"
synonyms: praise enthusiastically, go into raptures about/over, wax lyrical about, sing the praises of, praise to the skies, acclaim, exalt, eulogize, adulate, rhapsodize over, rave about, enthuse about/over, overpraise

Seems close enough to me

Narcissism is something you have, not something you praise

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Unless they are specifically praising your narcissistic tendencies, I feel "stroking my ego" would be more fitting.

I think everybody has a little narcissism. It's when you get on a public forum and endlessly celebrate that selfishness that things can become a problem. Though I agree expound would have been the better word in that case.

In other news, we're bringing Panda Express to a joint family picnic. I wish I was joking.

Risgroo

Extravaganza

I'm watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars (the 2008-2013/14 series) AGAIN and it's so fucking great. Y'all should try it if you're still in the mood for some Star Wars :)

SolVanderlyn

Jobbs you are such a contrarian

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
maldo.gif

I'm going to miss Pastor gifs

SolVanderlyn

No... No. Contrarianism is taking up an unpopular opinion for the sake of it. Pointing out errors is not stating an opinion. These things are empirical.
░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄
░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█
░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█
░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█
█▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█
█▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
░█▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█
░░█░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█
░░░█░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█
░░░░█░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░███████░█
░░░░░▀▄░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█
░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░█

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I think everybody has a little narcissism. It's when you get on a public forum and endlessly celebrate that selfishness that things can become a problem. Though I agree expound would have been the better word in that case.

In other news, we're bringing Panda Express to a joint family picnic. I wish I was joking.

This confuses me. I don't think I've ever thought of a picnic and orange chicken popped into my head.

Why have your own kids, when you can buy wine and have exstenstial crises, as you lay on couch and tearfully sing along to Natalie Imbruglia, drunkenly

Timu

It has its problems, obviously. From Batman's
murder spree
to what I thought were incoherent and rushed plot points, but it's a solid entry in the DCU. Sets everything up nicely for Justice League and Wonder Woman.

They still have a long ways to go to be on par with Marvel, but...they did alright.

A Batfleck minus
I'm...surprised that you liked it.

Yep, now I need to play them again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom