• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
No, your first instinct was correct. I just wasn't in the mood to argue with my dad about it because I had skipped church this morning. But bocce ball and the egg toss were fun, and the weather was really nice, so I'm not complaining.

It's crazy nice here too. Last night it started to snow, and this morning I woke up to snow on my car, but the sun came out midday and it warmed up to a beautiful day.

Oh boy, church on Easter. The day when once a year Catholics go and dress up super nice and there's NO SEATS ANYWHERE. Hope you like standing!

Thankfully I wasn't dragged into any Easter services today. Unfortunate part is that the city I live in is very Catholic, so most places are closed, including the gym. :mad:

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
355bc050d4.png

jb1234

you guys complain about weather, we complain about parking and traffic.

I still claim that I've always gotten lucky in LA because I've never experienced the truly terrible traffic. I've told you this before but I LOVE driving in LA. People actually go fast (when they're allowed to). Everyone's passive-aggressive as fuck in Seattle.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I need to move out of New England. x_x

FloatOn

I need to talk about batman v superman. In a sentence: it was good not great. For everything that it tried to do it did well enough. What a piqued my interest the most was the world building and the representation of the heroes.

Here is where it failed though: Jesse Eisenberg. His quasi-intellectual babbling and quirky behavior was extremely off-putting. Didn't strike me at all like a mastermind. Additionally, there are some dream sequences that didn't do the film any favors. They could have been easily cut and been better for it. And lastly, the action sequences with
doomsday
was a bit over the top for my taste. I think a little restraint could have gone a long way.

In summary, the movie wasn't hitler like the reviews would have you believe but there are a few unfortunate missteps in my estimation that could have been easily avoided.

I need to talk about batman v superman. In a sentence: it was good not great. For everything that it tried to do it did well enough. What a piqued my interest the most was the world building and the representation of the heroes.

Here is where it failed though: Jesse Eisenberg. His quasi-intellectual babbling and quirky behavior was extremely off-putting. Didn't strike me at all like a mastermind. Additionally, there are some dream sequences that didn't do the film any favors. They could have been easily cut and been better for it. And lastly, the action sequences with
doomsday
was a bit over the top for my taste. I think a little restraint could have gone a long way.

In summary, the movie wasn't hitler like the reviews would have you believe but there are a few unfortunate missteps in my estimation that could have been easily avoided.

Yeah, Eisenberg is really divisive. Personally I love him even though ultimately he doesn't make any sense. I enjoy his creepiness and moment-to-moment interplay.

The thing at the end was definitely over the top, but that kind of comes with the territory when looking for an adequate foil to Superman. I guess something that doesn't really make sense is going with the
nuclear option
. By that point,
Doomsday had barely even been active or destroyed a whole lot. They also would have had no real way of knowing what Superman's plans were when he started flying up into space. Plus, is Supes going to have a chip in his shoulder from the US Gov OK'ing his death?

I just used my Google keyboard on my phone since long pressing on a letter shows you õthër øptîônß, ās yöû çān sēë

Yęæh Į čåñ do that too but it's tedious as füçk to typē øn mobiłe instead of desktop.

Sent from my iPhone.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
T̟̰̀̒ͤ͋ͨͪ̇̀̚͝e͙͓̣̦̮̖̿ͪ̈́͟͡x̸͇̩̔̅͋̈́̋ͤ̂̏ţ̱̪͚̞̞̓ͨ̈ͩͦ̓͟ ̦͈͓͙̈̀ͯ͛̄͌͗̚͝s̶̗̻͓͔͚̳ͧͧh̷͓̪̺͔̝͌̎̾́̽͂̀͠ȏ͇͚̜̦̦͔̙̱͇ů̯͎̟ͬ͘l̝͚̘ͥ̏̈̇͞ͅd͋̋ͬ͐̄͂҉̰͖͇͓̝̟̥͎̬ ̨̰̪̜͛ͦ̆͠j̍͑͛͏͖̖̘̤̘̩̣̠̠ų̞̝̖̟ͬ̃͢s̙̠̾̔̊̾͂t̷̢̲̠̤ͦ͊͐ͪ̒ͧ̔́ ̼̠̩̰̞͙̹͇̈ͬ́̉̈́̂ͦ͐̉b͚̙͎͈͈͇̹ͬ͟͜ę̗̟̳̥ͤ̀ͧ̍̔̎͂͂̀ ̵̨͎̦̻̰͕̙͇͓̯̽̿̐ͣ̿t̟̟ͣͥͧ̆̈́͋͂́ȩ͕̼͛̎̑̆̀x̻̼͓̱̹̹̃ͥͥ͝ͅt̜̬̙̻͔͓̰̊͑́̑̏̋̑ͪ͆́͜͡,̷̲̳̇͗̑͐͌ ̧̭̦̝̟͋̐n̮̬͛̆ͮ̽̃̇ͮo̶͓͔̤͍̻̭̯̩ͯ͊̒͛̀̆ͬ̀͟n̐̊҉̡̻͍͉̙̣̰̭ẻ̛̦̪ͦ̅̐͛̇͐̆͘ ̗̬̞̌͒ͭ͂̓̃̂̄͛͜o͕͑͂͐͘f̶̦̫͕͇̯̊ͩͯ͛͐̚ ̉͏͘҉̤̱̫̤̬̬̫͚t̵͎̺̰̽́͗͘h̦ͤ̇ͦ̅͐ͨͭ̿͠͝i̧̺͇̙̲̦̠̣̐̂ͣs̴̵̤͔ͥ ̴ͬ̆̈́̐͠͏̜̬͈͈ẉ̴̻̖̈́ͩ̌̓̓̈ͤ̈́ê̤̪̖ĭ̸̸̤̯̰̥̰͔̽͛ͯŕ̜͚̥͂̓ͤ̕d̜̩̰̬ͦͫ̾̆̆ͥͪ̊ͥ́͘ ̟̞ͫ̄s̷̫͓̺̙̫͈̹͐ͬ̆ͩͧ̓͠h̴̹̯̫͍͇̦̜͂͐ͩ͋ͥ̽ͣi̡̹̲͇̇ͨ͊̉̏ͪ̄͗͗͟͡t̞̫̭̮̣̹̫̂̑̔̏ͤ̋̌ͯ̄.̉͐́̐͑̀̅̌҉͚̘̹́

Kevyt

T̟̰̀̒ͤ͋ͨͪ̇̀̚͝e͙͓̣̦̮̖̿ͪ̈́͟͡x̸͇̩̔̅͋̈́̋ͤ̂̏ţ̱̪͚̞̞̓ͨ̈ͩͦ̓͟ ̦͈͓͙̈̀ͯ͛̄͌͗̚͝s̶̗̻͓͔͚̳ͧͧh̷͓̪̺͔̝͌̎̾́̽͂̀͠ȏ͇͚̜̦̦͔̙̱͇ů̯͎̟ͬ͘l̝͚̘ͥ̏̈̇͞ͅd͋̋ͬ͐̄͂҉̰͖͇͓̝̟̥͎̬ ̨̰̪̜͛ͦ̆͠j̍͑͛͏͖̖̘̤̘̩̣̠̠ų̞̝̖̟ͬ̃͢s̙̠̾̔̊̾͂t̷̢̲̠̤ͦ͊͐ͪ̒ͧ̔́ ̼̠̩̰̞͙̹͇̈ͬ́̉̈́̂ͦ͐̉b͚̙͎͈͈͇̹ͬ͟͜ę̗̟̳̥ͤ̀ͧ̍̔̎͂͂̀ ̵̨͎̦̻̰͕̙͇͓̯̽̿̐ͣ̿t̟̟ͣͥͧ̆̈́͋͂́ȩ͕̼͛̎̑̆̀x̻̼͓̱̹̹̃ͥͥ͝ͅt̜̬̙̻͔͓̰̊͑́̑̏̋̑ͪ͆́͜͡,̷̲̳̇͗̑͐͌ ̧̭̦̝̟͋̐n̮̬͛̆ͮ̽̃̇ͮo̶͓͔̤͍̻̭̯̩ͯ͊̒͛̀̆ͬ̀͟n̐̊҉̡̻͍͉̙̣̰̭ẻ̛̦̪ͦ̅̐͛̇͐̆͘ ̗̬̞̌͒ͭ͂̓̃̂̄͛͜o͕͑͂͐͘f̶̦̫͕͇̯̊ͩͯ͛͐̚ ̉͏͘҉̤̱̫̤̬̬̫͚t̵͎̺̰̽́͗͘h̦ͤ̇ͦ̅͐ͨͭ̿͠͝i̧̺͇̙̲̦̠̣̐̂ͣs̴̵̤͔ͥ ̴ͬ̆̈́̐͠͏̜̬͈͈ẉ̴̻̖̈́ͩ̌̓̓̈ͤ̈́ê̤̪̖ĭ̸̸̤̯̰̥̰͔̽͛ͯŕ̜͚̥͂̓ͤ̕d̜̩̰̬ͦͫ̾̆̆ͥͪ̊ͥ́͘ ̟̞ͫ̄s̷̫͓̺̙̫͈̹͐ͬ̆ͩͧ̓͠h̴̹̯̫͍͇̦̜͂͐ͩ͋ͥ̽ͣi̡̹̲͇̇ͨ͊̉̏ͪ̄͗͗͟͡t̞̫̭̮̣̹̫̂̑̔̏ͤ̋̌ͯ̄.̉͐́̐͑̀̅̌҉͚̘̹́

That looks cool.

Sober as a judge.

Pls.

I had some beer Friday night and that's it.

You have a drinking problem and clearly you're in denial.

Praying for you sis. May you see the light someday~

FloatOn

Yeah, Eisenberg is really divisive. Personally I love him even though ultimately he doesn't make any sense. I enjoy his creepiness and moment-to-moment interplay.

The thing at the end was definitely over the top, but that kind of comes with the territory when looking for an adequate foil to Superman. I guess something that doesn't really make sense is going with the
nuclear option
. By that point,
Doomsday had barely even been active or destroyed a whole lot. They also would have had no real way of knowing what Superman's plans were when he started flying up into space. Plus, is Supes going to have a chip in his shoulder from the US Gov OK'ing his death?

Yeah. Concerning the
nuke option it doesn't really make sense to us as the audience but from a storytelling perspective it works fine. It goes to further illustrate how dumb the government is in this story and it also makes it clear that doomsday is not only un-killable by human methods but that he ramps up his super saiyan level by feeding off energy blasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom