• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get flustered when people ask me what kind of music I listen to. Partly because I don't listen to a lot of music and partly because I'll listen to just about anything, so I never have a good answer.

But I like Demi Lovato and Fallout Boy. And Starbomb. And Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande. But not Adele or Bieber or Kanye, so I do have some integrity.

Lol Im joking but Demi Lovato annoys me for most of the part. I do admit when drunk I may use Cool For The Summer.

I hated it when everyone applauded that guy that bitched out Lovato on America's Got Talent.

Yes, by all means, let us reinforce shitty behavior.

Jobbs

Banned
TV/movies make it look so easy to shove a knife into someone. It requires a lot of force. TWD is particularly weird with this. Apparently the human head is made of cake

I get flustered when people ask me what kind of music I listen to. Partly because I don't listen to a lot of music and partly because I'll listen to just about anything, so I never have a good answer.

man. I have this exact reaction. I enjoy many types of music and I don't feel very strongly about many individual acts. Maybe Sunny Day Real Estate, but that's grandfathered in

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
everyone loves hall & oates , who can hate those guys B^)

Your kiss is on my list frisky
bts_lina.gif

zeemumu

TV/movies make it look so easy to shove a knife into someone. It requires a lot of force. TWD is particularly weird with this. Apparently the human head is made of cake

man. I have this exact reaction. I don't feel very strongly about many individual acts. Maybe Sunny Day Real Estate, but that's grandfathered in
If you're talking about the zombies, the explanation is that the zombies are already falling apart due to external forces.

FUME5

You say that like it's a bad thing though.

It's not, just that I have pretty specific taste when it comes to music that I REALLY like where as everyone in this thread (except maybe trab) seems to have more of a scattershot approach to what they like.

So, meant it as a statement of fact not a statement of value.

Jobbs

Banned
If you're talking about the zombies, the explanation is that the zombies are already falling apart due to external forces.

they do it to humans too.

and I like carly rae jepsen very much

It's not, just that I have pretty specific taste when it comes to music that I REALLY like where as everyone in this thread (except maybe trab) seems to have more of a scattershot approach to what they like.

I listen to many types of music, almost anything, but my heart really does lie with 90s emo, certain bands in particular, and that may very well just be associations -- like nostalgia, but that's as good a reason to love music as any

THIS is currently the dopest song

everyone should fuck to this song

Jobbs

Banned
if I think back to the period of my life between age 15 and 22 or so... the main images, the main settings, the main things that come to mind are pretty much A) in my mom's basement practicing with my brother and friends, playing guitars loudly and B) laying on my little bed (the kind that is just wide enough for one person, I don't know what hte word for that is) listening to music and looking at my dumb posters with my dog laying on the floor

FUME5

they do it to humans too.

and I like carly rae jepsen very much

I listen to many types of music, almost anything, but my heart really does lie with 90s emo, certain bands in particular, and that may very well just be associations -- like nostalgia, but that's as good a reason to love music as any

THIS is currently the dopest song

everyone should fuck to this song

That sounds like every fifth track I hear on the radio this year.

I'll agree that so many shows and videogames make it look like childs play to drive a knife etc into somebody. I think the TV remake of From Dusk Til Dawn was the worst for this, just pushing chair legs through chests like it was nothing.

if I think back to the period of my life between age 15 and 22 or so... the main images, the main settings, the main things that come to mind are pretty much A) in my mom's basement practicing with my brother and friends, playing guitars loudly and B) laying on my little bed (the kind that is just wide enough for one person, I don't know what hte word for that is) listening to music and looking at my dumb posters with my dog laying on the floor

These images cover a similar period for me:

Jobbs

Banned
That sounds like every fifth track I hear on the radio this year.

I'll agree that so many shows and videogames make it look like childs play to drive a knife etc into somebody. I think the TV remake of From Dusk Til Dawn was the worst for this, just pushing chair legs through chests like it was nothing.

Trying to go deep into someone with a knife, particularly a knife that has't been highly sharpened recently, would be be really difficult depending on where exactly you hit

Cutting someone deeply, impaling them, chopping htem up, all that stuff you see in movies -- I think it probably did happen like in medieval times, but this was done by people with very large, very sharp weapons and people with enormous physical strength and training

carly rae is joy distilled and a very good vocalist

jb1234

Nah, I'm pretty narrow in my musical tastes too as I don't particularly care for music that has vocals in it (unless they're classically trained as I really dig that "pure" sound).

FloatOn

You know what pop singer I can't stand? This Megan Trainer person. She thinks she is such hot shit and I'm all for empowerment and all that but there are few people I want to say shuuuuuuuuut uppppppp to more.

You know what pop singer I can't stand? This Megan Trainer person. She thinks she is such hot shit and I'm all for empowerment and all that but there are few people I want to say shuuuuuuuuut uppppppp to more.

My name is no
My sign is no
My number is no
You need to let it go
You need to let it go
Need to let it go
Nah to the ah to the, no, no, no

15bae8f.gif

When I like a song,I listen to it over and over until I hate it.

But Ill listen to anything i think is good, I dont particularly care for music much at all. So if I say, "oh i like a couple of songs from metalica" if someone goes on a 30 minute tirade of the band where they try to get me to name top 3 songs from each album and shit, I tune out.

I dont get peoples obessions with bands and music. Some music is good yeah. But the point you know what age the bass players cat died before they came famous and what food they had to eat the day after.

nop

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Things I listen to and things that I like are not the same. If you were to ask me what kind of music I listen to I would say pretty much anything. But if you were to ask me what I like, what I really enjoy, I would say deadmau5, or RJD2, or Daft Punk, or The Offspring, or Sum 41, or Killswitch Engage, or Trivium, or Kendrick Lamar, or Logic, or MF Doom, etc.

Music is a part of me. It makes me happy, it makes me sad, it makes endorphins pump. Limiting that to just a certain subset of the gigantic collection as a whole just doesn't make sense to me.

*cough*

Hi
When I like a song,I listen to it over and over until I hate it.

But Ill listen to anything i think is good, I dont particularly care for music much at all. So if I say, "oh i like a couple of songs from metalica" if someone goes on a 30 minute tirade of the band where they try to get me to name top 3 songs from each album and shit, I tune out.

I dont get peoples obessions with bands and music. Some music is good yeah. But the point you know what age the bass players cat died before they came famous and what food they had to eat the day after.

nop
I am the complete opposite

I don't understand people who don't care about music, it's so far from how my mind works

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I feel very, very strongly about music. Punk and indie hip hop are my main genres but I listen to a little bit of everything except modern country and weird shit like harsh noise.

List of artists who get a lot of listening to me atm.

Ghost
Atmosphere
Mean jeans
Kanye West
David Bowie
Ramones
Motorhead
Misfits
Against Me
Rumspringer
Mountain Goats
Ted Leo
POS
Dessa
Lil Ugly Mane
Future
Logic
Kendrick Lamar
Lupe Fiasco
A Tribe Called Quest
Beastie Boys
Aesop Rock
Maino
new order
Smiths
Naked and Famous
Yelawolf
masked intruder
Phantogram
Grimes
Chvrches
Tove Lo
OFWGKTA
Tame Impala
Brother Ali
Tech N9ne
Geistfight
Tsunami Bomb
Jimmy Eat World
Stretch Arm Strong
Get Up Kids
Doll Skin
GLOSS

FloatOn

I go through phases where I won't listen to anything at all and then I'll binge.

I do try to see live music as often as I can for the social aspect.

Jobbs

Banned
You're cool Jobbs. Your sunny day real estate was my Appleseed Cast back in my formative years (when I first started listening to good music).

As for best songs I'm pretty sure this is mine

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uf4YyXVoWeA

is this really your goat song? interesting choice, I can't say i listen to a lot of this

I feel very, very strongly about music.

<3 chvrches and a lot of stuff on your list..

but no sunny day????

I LOVE this naked and famous song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMSWS0B_9Tw

Granadier

I feel very, very strongly about music. Punk and indie hip hop are my main genres but I listen to a little bit of everything except modern country and weird shit like harsh noise.

List of artists who get a lot of listening to me atm.

Ghost
Atmosphere
Mean jeans
Kanye West
David Bowie
Ramones
Motorhead
Misfits
Against Me
Rumspringer
Mountain Goats
Ted Leo
POS
Dessa
Lil Ugly Mane
Future
Logic
Kendrick Lamar
Lupe Fiasco

A Tribe Called Quest
Beastie Boys
Aesop Rock
Maino
new order
Smiths
Naked and Famous
Yelawolf
masked intruder
Phantogram
Grimes
Chvrches
Tove Lo
OFWGKTA
Tame Impala
Brother Ali
Tech N9ne

Geistfight
Tsunami Bomb
Jimmy Eat World
Stretch Arm Strong
Get Up Kids
Doll Skin
GLOSS

I enjoy your taste, especially the bolded.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I think old songs have more staying power than modern music.

All along the watchtower Hendrix version is also up there for me.

Basically the people growing now will say the same thing about the modern music we listen now over a few years it seems like a thing every generation does.

Jobbs

Banned
I think old songs have more staying power than modern music.

All along the watchtower Hendrix version is also up there for me.

we can agree there. the bob dylan version is trash, just like most of dylan's music.

All my life one of the "truths" I've known that's supposed to be undeniable is that Bob Dylan is great. I never saw it, though, and at some point I stopped believing that I was the problem and just decided it was okay to call the music trash

I actually believe that Downtown by Macklemore is a work of genius, honestly, it's brilliant

Granadier

Fun fact: one of Bob Dylan's older properties is ~20 miles away from where I live.

So I start coughing aif I laugh too hard, and have for a while. Decided to Google it.

I might be asthmatic. Lol. How the fuck am I a real living boy?

we can agree there. the bob dylan version is trash, just like most of dylan's music.

All my life one of the "truths" I've known that's supposed to be undeniable is that Bob Dylan is great. I never saw it, though, and at some point I stopped believing that I was the problem and just decided it was okay to call the music trash
Subterranean Homesick Blues is amazing

Granadier

I actually believe that Downtown by Macklemore is a work of genius, honestly, it's brilliant

Agreed. I love how he features quirky idea in his music rather than dropping to the stereotypical hip-hop themes. Wings and Same Love are also powerful as fuck songs that I love.

How do you people feel about run the jewels and/or killer Mike?

I think they are the best thing in hip hop right now

Run the Jewels is the shit.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Bob Dylan is fucking brilliant. I love Blonde on Blonde, Blood on the tracks, modern times, love and theft, and Highway 61 revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom