• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am waiting for my wife to get more healed up so I can take her to see it. I want to see it again. As I said I loved it and I'm all in with all of it.

I'm listening to Kevin Smith Fatman on Batman synopsis of it right now. I want it all over my body.

How is that? I've known about Kevin Smith for years but never got into his show. Could one reasonably jump in at any point, or do you need a lot of history with him?

he better give you some good food to eat or else!

had to starve too often at my ex bf's places ò.ó guys need to learn this,

I'd be inclined to agree except I'm still at my house right now. So I still have plenty to eat :p

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

lol apparently I wasn't subtle enough.

For that example:

okay that's an all-around awkward situation. I'm sure Cleveland people must have hated that the old team moved to Baltimore, and it was Cleveland fans who supported the old team. Not to mention players and coaches hop teams all the time.

But I get what you mean.

FloatOn

Again, the more I think about it the more I don't like it.

I need to see it again so I can figure out if it was actually that bad.

As previously stated, these are my main two issues:

1) Jesse Eisenberg - this guy just sucks. his fake intellectual babbling did nothing for me and really didn't spell out his motivations on how his master plan was hatched. Examples of what I wanted from Lex in this movie could be found in Heath Ledger's Joker or Vincent D'onofrio's Kingpin.

2) The dream sequences were wholly unnecessary. I'm sure they did something for some comic nerds out there but as far as the plot this movie was trying to tell all it did was add bloat for no good reason.

and lastly, this is kind of a minor gripe. but I will say, much like Man of Steel the action sequences towards the end were a bit over the top for my taste. I think a little restraint might have gone a long way.

The movie wasn't terrible exactly, but it wasn't great either. Certainly, watching for the spectacle and worldbuilding but nothing about it was particularly great.

Halcyon

How is that? I've known about Kevin Smith for years but never got into his show. Could one reasonably jump in at any point, or do you need a lot of history with him?

I don't listen to all of them, but I like his takes on the movies and certain episodes. He basically just goes through the movie bit by bit and gives his opinion on it.

It doesn't require any prior knowledge. Just that he's been a big batman fan and his history with comics/directing, and the fact that he's friends with Ben Affleck and stuff like that.

Misha

Banned
okay that's an all-around awkward situation. I'm sure Cleveland people must have hated that the old team moved to Baltimore, and it was Cleveland fans who supported the old team. Not to mention players and coaches hop teams all the time.

But I get what you mean.

oh I definitely understand that too. Cleveland fans loathe art modell (the owner that moved them) and people here(steelers fans) hated their rival moving to baltimore too. I just dont' like that they stripped the history from one team and gave it to another. It would make sense to me if the city itself and the old team shared the history but to say that the success(or failure tbh) belongs to the new team just makes zero sense

The weirdest thing is when people talk about how bad the browns were and claim the browns were once good. They never were. And it makes sense in this conversation due to continuity. They showed up as an expansion team and have struggled ever since. It just seems like people expect them to do better than a team like the Texans who were established around the same time because of a precedent that has nothing to do with the team

DrM

Redmond's Baby
had to starve too often at my ex bf's places ò.ó guys need to learn this,

I always done that to my ex gfs. Omlettes or scrambled eggs are not hard to make, same with sausages or some sort of pancakes...

Maybe that is the reason why I am still single O-O

I don't listen to all of them, but I like his takes on the movies and certain episodes. He basically just goes through the movie bit by bit and gives his opinion on it.

It doesn't require any prior knowledge. Just that he's been a big batman fan and his history with comics/directing, and the fact that he's friends with Ben Affleck and stuff like that.

Oh, perfect! I think I'll try to give it a listen at work today.

FloatOn

brunch maker & non-inline skater <3

skating-in-fl2.jpg

so what you're trying to say is that a guy like this totally doesn't float your boat?

Misha

Banned
There's gotta be AT LEAST 3-4 guys in Germany who fit this criteria.

:p

Also, JUNE?! Really. Steven Universe is coming back in JUNE?!

Cartoon Network you shitfucks.

we're most likely going to have more consistent episodes throughout summer though which is nice. I wouldn't mind it if they actually bothered to tell us before hand. not like its rare to have breaks of almost a year in most tv shows. this show mostly makes up for it by blurring the lines between seasons and not having extra season breaks

so what you're trying to say is that a guy like this totally doesn't float your boat?
yeah. it's strange, isn't it?
There's gotta be AT LEAST 3-4 guys in Germany who fit this criteria.

:p

and I'm telling you no. that's what men here are like. exactly like this.

I had too many Nelsons. I need a...Lenny now. <3
Hope you do find your brunch maker!

thanks!

Hmn, I need to pick an evening to go watch Batman vs Superman. Although nobody is going with me and the movie will probably frustrate me a lot. Still, gotta make use of my unlimited cinema pass.

marrec

Banned
we're most likely going to have more consistent episodes throughout summer though which is nice. I wouldn't mind it if they actually bothered to tell us before hand. not like its rare to have breaks of almost a year in most tv shows. this show mostly makes up for it by blurring the lines between seasons and not having extra season breaks

Cartoon Network seems to be the only American channel that fucks with the schedule like this. Well, Gravity Falls had a pretty odd schedule too... maybe it's just kids shows.

and I'm telling you no. that's what men here are like. exactly like this.

TIL: I'm so much cooler than German men

Cartoon Network seems to be the only American channel that fucks with the schedule like this. Well, Gravity Falls had a pretty odd schedule too... maybe it's just kids shows.

TIL: I'm so much cooler than German men

I remember Disney XD really screwing with some schedules too. And I think Nickelodeon was a bit weird with Avatar and especially Korra.

I think it happens with some live action shows too, but I don't remember examples.

zeemumu

I remember Disney XD really screwing with some schedules too. And I think Nickelodeon was a bit weird with Avatar and especially Korra.

I think it happens with some live action shows too, but I don't remember examples.
N
Nickelodeon screwed Korra over with its schedule

marrec

Banned
Geez emails were released from the NHL because of a concussion lawsuit and most everyone involved is looking horrifically bad. the guy in charge of discipline talks about letting players he likes off easy multiple times and journalists are corresponding with the league and giving their opinion on what punishments should be. ridiculous

they can be searched here: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...dst-of-an-existential-crisis/article29419071/

I imagine it's pretty similar in other sports, but this is gross ya.

Putting this on my Tinder profile.

Little do they know German men inline skate, the uncoolest thing anyone could ever do.

zeemumu

I think first they took weeks to put the episodes on the web and then the last few episodes were exclusively on the website. Something like that. So weird.

Well, maybe with a bit more confidence of Nickelodeon they could have made a bigger arc. I think it would have benefited the show.

If I remember correctly, they originally signed on for a single season. That's why the end of season 1 feels like it should have been the end of the series. Then they had to pull a 2nd season out of their ass and it wasn't great. They salvaged it with 3 and did the best that they could with 4.

I'd read that fanfic.

As Aang's spirit shifted and pulsed within a torrent of color until it transformed into a reflection of herself, Korra wondered if she had been right to ask for his aid in the art of lovemaking, but these thoughts were immediately overshadowed by her determination to make a good first impression on Asami. After all, Asami was from the city. She had seen it all. Korra would have to master love in a way that only the Avatar could.

Should I be afraid that I could possibly write that whole fanfiction?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Geez emails were released from the NHL because of a concussion lawsuit and most everyone involved is looking horrifically bad. the guy in charge of discipline talks about letting players he likes off easy multiple times and journalists are corresponding with the league and giving their opinion on what punishments should be. ridiculous

they can be searched here: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...dst-of-an-existential-crisis/article29419071/

Interesting, I didn't know about this. The trial is going on here in Minnesota. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

I expect that the NFL is twice as bad

though they might be professional enough to keep that out of emails

I'd imagine they just haven't had a leak yet. The NFL is really fucked up when it comes to injuries and also any sort of activism.
Recently here in Minnesota the coaching staff caught a lot of flack for messing with Chris Kluwe because of his support for LGBT rights.

Misha

Banned
I'd imagine they just haven't had a leak yet. The NFL is really fucked up when it comes to injuries and also any sort of activism.
Recently here in Minnesota the coaching staff caught a lot of flack for messing with Chris Kluwe because of his support for LGBT rights.
They can't handle on the field rules or off the field rules. Goodell constantly comes across as a moron who just makes things up as he goes and repeatedly suspends the same people cause he doesn't like them

also Chris Kluwe is a pretty good guy from what I've seen
________

Colin Campbell said:
I told Doug Whine Wilson that after they played them home and home game 80 and 81 or something like that "Why didn't you kill that little shit. Thorton had him all alone in a scrum and could have drilled him?"
how the heck do you get the position of Director of Hockey Operation while talking like that?

Granadier

They can't handle on the field rules or off the field rules. Goodell constantly comes across as a moron who just makes things up as he goes and repeatedly suspends the same people cause he doesn't like them

also Chris Kluwe is a pretty good guy from what I've seen
________

how the heck do you get the position of Director of Hockey Operation while talking like that?

He's one of the best people the NFL has seen. I wish he was still here playing for Minnesota.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Got in trouble today for letting a kid use Snoop Doge in a presentation. They labeled his face using adjectives.

hqdefault.jpg

"Snoop Dog is inappropriate"

It's literally a picture of his face, and not even him. What the fuck. Public schools, man.

zeemumu

Got in trouble today for letting a kid use Snoop Doge in a presentation. They labeled his face using adjectives.

hqdefault.jpg

"Snoop Dog is inappropriate"

It's literally a picture of his face, and not even him. What the fuck. Public schools, man.

They're really afraid of getting sued for the smallest thing. We should sue them for being so paranoid.

Ah, I needed this alone time outside with nothing but sun, my dog, and disney's greatest hits on spotify.

Misha

Banned
The plus side of all these anti-lgbt bills is i can look more sympathetic to reasonable family members

gonna write up a nice email to my grandma who is definitely intelligent enough to take the right things from it and go from there

Edit: ahhhhhhhhhh found out she shares her email with my grandfather who is an orthodox deacon and is definitely not what I would consider "reasonable" on such subjects

Jobbs

Banned
my niece and I just played pokken tournament for a while, she was making me fight against online people and get destroyed because she was afraid to do it herself but wanted the excitement

so I sacrificed myself

Mornin all

Had super erratic sleep and now hearing that the FFXV demo goes live later today makes me deliriously excited. (But that's probably just an effect of sleep)

Halcyon

I'm now officially in a shit mood. I started working on my taxes and it's saying if I file separately I'm gonna owe like 750+ dollars, but my wife has her own business and her dad always does her taxes, so I now have to figure out if I can file jointly and how that will effect things. I'm hoping it's positively but they might be doing some accounting magic of their own so I have no idea.

Point is I don't feel like dealing with either situation. So I'm gonna ignore it and have some rum tonight.

Jobbs

Banned
Finally won a match online in Pokken Tournament. We're collectively 1-12. Everyone it matches us against has dozens or hundreds of matches under their belts.

I so don't know how to assess fighting games. My reaction to them is always the same... "Yeah, this is kinda neat, but... Is.. Is this it?" In the case of PT, it seems to be a pretty standard fighter with a couple of interesting ideas in the mechanics (range mode and duel mode or whatever) but its roster is really shit small, which is strange considering it's a Pokemon game where you think a large roster would be a priority.

The only longevity seems to be in getting good, and I am incapable of getting good (other than moderately good at Smash Bros, which is its own animal with regard to the fighting games genre).

Granadier

Point is I don't feel like dealing with either situation. So I'm gonna ignore it and have some rum tonight.

People say that being a adult means being responsible yadayada, but this is actually what being an adult means. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom