• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ready to see people complaining about FFXV performance and inconsistent textures in some areas. The PS4.5 or whatever meltdowns are giving me life tbh so I want a bit more.

Timu

This has been a strange console gen when not only a new console is coming out 4 years after the last one but there will be a PS4K and rumored Xbox 1.5 which are stronger than the previous ones...weird.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm sticking to PC this gen.

This may sound blasphemous to some, but I find the low resolution of Wii U games sort of charming

low res generally doesn't bother me, all that I care about is framerate

I may be crazy though

Always nice to get emails like this out of the blue

Dear Mr. White

I got the opportunity the other day to play the beta for your game Ghost Song, and I just wanted to say that, in a time where consoles sell based off of advertisements and not off of the quality of their games, you are doing a great thing. Your game feels inspired, yet distinct. Familiar, yet unique. Please keep up the good work, I look forward to the finished game and your future projects.

-A Very Impressed Fan

I feel like YKN is expanding to fill a negativity void I left by being positive for the last day

Someone has to do it.

I'm sticking to PC this gen.

Yeahp. I'll be upgrading my graphics card this year (praise Jesus) and that's it. I'd like a PS4 but I ain't buying one for only a few exclusive games that I actually want. And this slight console upgrade nonsense can shove it. Just make the console an open platform at that point and let people upgrade the components they want. You know like a PC.

Timu

This may sound blasphemous to some, but I find the low resolution of Wii U games sort of charming

low res generally doesn't bother me, all that I care about is framerate

I may be crazy though

Always nice to get emails like this out of the blue
You are crazy!!!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Guys I'm making so much money today.

well not really

but the indie sale is going well

tumblr_m17paf0YsH1qinqr0o1_500.gif

jb1234

I rarely did coop in the game except to help people in the game. Shrine of Amana solo before the patch was something...

Based on the rumors, I was expecting to HATE Shrine of Amana but as long as you have a bow, it's not so bad. I liked DS2. I think it gets a bad rap, even if it's a step down from the original in a lot of ways.

Jobbs

Banned
Based on the rumors, I was expecting to HATE Shrine of Amana but as long as you have a bow, it's not so bad. I liked DS2. I think it gets a bad rap, even if it's a step down from the original in a lot of ways.

if you like bow combat, dark souls 3 has fleshed it out more and made it more interesting/strong

jb1234

if you like bow combat, dark souls 3 has fleshed it out more and made it more interesting/strong

Nah, I have no particular affection for it. I just liked having one for the occasions when it was helpful. ;) I'm definitely a melee player.

Vazra

I think at the same time Dark Souls 2 had more consistency than Dark Souls 1. The last half of Dark Souls 1 is terrible for most of the part and no boss is as annoying as Bed of Chaos in Dark Souls 2. (The DLC helped a bit the last half of DS1 but lets be real) I personally had no issues with the fast travel options like many did since I didn't use them unless I felt the need for it which rarely was the case. I think also the DLC made DS2 even things out in the end with Dark Souls 1. They are both great in different ways.

Halcyon

Fuck today. I'm gonna end up working a 12, I feel it.

I had a long annoying f****** day and I'm glad that I've got about 5 minutes left on my hour and change drive to get home. Although right now I'm currently stuck behind a stupid f****** school bus doing 40 in a 55.

Also f*** Google speech to text for censoring my swear words

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Today was one of those days for everyone, it seems.

jb1234

I think at the same time Dark Souls 2 had more consistency than Dark Souls 1. The last half of Dark Souls 1 is terrible for most of the part and no boss is as annoying as Bed of Chaos in Dark Souls 2. (The DLC helped a bit the last half of DS1 but lets be real) I personally had no issues with the fast travel options like many did since I didn't use them unless I felt the need for it which rarely was the case. I think also the DLC made DS2 even things out in the end with Dark Souls 1. They are both great in different ways.

I thought the DS2 DLC were so inflated in difficulty over the main game that they just weren't fun to go through. The bosses in particular were bullshit.

(DS1's DLC was also very challenging but it also felt fair. A lot of DS2 didn't play fair. That said, I played through Scholar which is reportedly harder than the base game.)

Vazra

I thought the DS2 DLC were so inflated in difficulty over the main game that they just weren't fun to go through. The bosses in particular were bullshit.

(DS1's DLC was also very challenging but it also felt fair. A lot of DS2 didn't play fair. That said, I played through Scholar which is reportedly harder than the base game.)

I didnt had issues with the DLC boss fights. I had more issues getting to the bosses since there were more hazards on the road than the actual boss fights. (I remember falling a few times by not noticing some enemies on a few occasions) Everyone play the game differently so the hardships may vary per person.

FloatOn

I agree with this 100% and what was so disappointing about dark souls 2 in terms of its difficulty was them taking the easy way out. They just ramped it up with the number of mobs you had to face at any one time or throw multiple clone bosses at you at once. Rather than actually making smart difficult encounters like the first game.

Blue smelter demon solo was complete bullshit and it made me quit the game for a time.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My surname is the name of an ancient goddess

Beat that

Jobbs

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom