• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb1234

6+ years ago. It sucked.

Ah. Well, yeah. It's a product of its time. But back in 1991, it was astonishing, one of the first JRPGs to really have a story (albeit a hilariously melodramatic one). I remember renting it as often as I could and having to start over each time because my save had been erased.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Correct

I designate Mystic Quest as ...almost like a Fast and Furious version of Final Fantasy.
Incredibly dumb but goddamn awesome.
The thing I love the most about Mystic Quest is that it's a JRPG with all the JRPG tropes and the classic japanese visuals, yet refuses to take itself seriously. Final Fantasy stays losing.

Today's my birthday and I get to throw myself into work and school today.

What a time to be alive.
cxNqxh3.jpg

Jobbs

Banned
Oh shit so it's like bloodbourne?

You don't have to be a fan of Bloodborne but it seems like an odd thing to compare ff15 to

Bb knows what it is, ff15 feels like a mess to me. Maybe the demo is just realllly misleading and the game is ultimately better, but at very least I'm baffled by their decision to release this demo

Ah. Well, yeah. It's a product of its time. But back in 1991, it was astonishing, one of the first JRPGs to really have a story (albeit a hilariously melodramatic one). I remember renting it as often as I could and having to start over each time because my save had been erased.

I don't necessarily buy the "product of its time" comment though, since I played Chrono Trigger about a decade after release (the PS1 version, no less) and I loved it.

jb1234

I don't necessarily buy the "product of its time" comment though, since I played Chrono Trigger about a decade after release (the PS1 version, no less) and I loved it.

You'd be surprised how much Squaresoft and JRPGs advanced in the four years separating FFIV and CT.

(It's also the difference between an early gen SNES title and a late gen one.)

So our steel industry is on the verge of collapse and the government is point blank refusing to nationalise it to save it

The government that blocked the EU from imposing tariffs on Chinese steel

Truly, they are the most competent government

/s

The thing I love the most about Mystic Quest is that it's a JRPG with all the JRPG tropes and the classic japanese visuals, yet refuses to take itself seriously. Final Fantasy stays losing.

The absolute best part is when Benjamin and co. confront the Dark Lord and ask what his motives are.

His reply? "¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

jb1234

The absolute best part is when Benjamin and co. confront the Dark Lord and ask what his motives are.

His reply? "¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

I was watching my bud Bob play the final section of that game about a year ago. The dialogue is hilarious in that it's completely unnatural and terse. No one talks the way the characters in the game talk.

SystemBug

You don't have to be a fan of Bloodborne but it seems like an odd thing to compare ff15 to

Bb knows what it is, ff15 feels like a mess to me. Maybe the demo is just realllly misleading and the game is ultimately better, but at very least I'm baffled by their decision to release this demo
No yeah I agree. I think the demo was just hastily put together.

I don't have class until 6pm but I'm leaving for school now cause I couldn't sleep lol

Turin

Banned

Misha

Banned
I had no idea who she was so I googled. So disgusting. Google should be notified about that. Harassment out the wazoo, this should be covered by libel/slander laws.

First result is a medium.com blog on how she is a paedophile. Like holy shit.

When I went to sleep she "only" lost her job. what the hell

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
SE is going to have a great deal of trouble recovering if XV bombs after the reaction it got from the XIII trilogy (and the first version of XIV). I don't think I'd be able to trust them again.

SE took the dive at X-2 when they decided to continue the storyline/characters of a numbered game. Then they took that to an entirely worse level with XIII and their game director or whoever falling in love with Lightning. No chance in hell they could recover.

Chuckie

SE took the dive at X-2 when they decided to continue the storyline/characters of a numbered game. Then they took that to an entirely worse level with XIII and their game director or whoever falling in love with Lightning. No chance in hell they could recover.

That's exactly when I started hating FF to be honest. I even forgot what the fuck the story was about in X-2. All I know is they were singing and it was all shit. Some fake Tidus and shit.. I don't know. Haven't finished an FF since.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
What's the gate part. Like I get Deflate-gate. People think my man Tommy was deflating footballs on the D-L.

Did some woman secretly play videogames?

Basically a load of garbage happened because Zoe Quinn, game designer, allegedly had sex with a reviewer to get a good review
except that is total bullshit and didn't happen and even then she can fuck who she wants why do people care
. So then a load of cunts decided to harass women who had anything to do with games under the guise of IT'S ABOUT ETHICS IN GAMES JOURNALISM.

At least that's what I remember it being, feel free to correct me anyone who paid more attention

Halcyon

Basically a load of garbage happened because Zoe Quinn, game designer, allegedly had sex with a reviewer to get a good review
except that is total bullshit and didn't happen and even then she can fuck who she wants why do people care
. So then a load of cunts decided to harass women who had anything to do with games under the guise of IT'S ABOUT ETHICS IN GAMES JOURNALISM.

At least that's what I remember it being, feel free to correct me anyone who paid more attention

hmm. I feel like this is why I distance myself from videogame people. Not you guys though. You're alright..in..my..book. :: Looks around nervously laughing ::

marrec

Banned
It's really fucking depressing that this group of only misogynists and racists are able to target and systematically destroy the lives of people of their choice all because companies in our industry are unwilling to condemn what they see as a core consumer group.

This isn't the first woman they've targeted for destruction and it won't be the last. By capitulating, Nintendo has undoubtedly emboldened them to move on to a new woman who they will relentlessly target until she too either has to flee from the public eye or is so slandered that the public turns on her.

Makes me want to go live alone in the forest forever.

Also, Happy Birthday FloatOn.

Oh god at some of the responses in that n-word thread.

It's not difficult to learn about the word in an American context, Europeans. Although I expect most are being obtuse on purpose. Fuckers.

Chuckie

Oh god at some of the responses in that n-word thread.

It's not difficult to learn about the word in an American context, Europeans. Although I expect most are being obtuse on purpose. Fuckers.

Yeah seems so. I think most Europeans would know. Although they might say it in 'rap context'.

I remember a show about Dutch amateur 'rappers' (they deliberately chose yokels from small villages) who went to New York to learn how to rap.

They loved it there... everything looked like the movies and rap video's they adored.

So then they started to rap: Nigga this, nigga that.... And those American Black Rappers where like....... "What the fuck dudes..... you can't say that!"

Those Dutch rappers were sincerely confused hahaha. Had no idea why they couldn't say the same as the guys they idolized.

Misha

Banned
I don't know what gamergate is. I think at the time that was happening I was busy not being a nerd.

its been happening for two straight years now. they're a group that targets women in the gaming industry and tries to twist facts and sends rape/death/bomb threats to make them lose their jobs or be scared to continue in the industry

victims (to various degrees) )include but aren't limited to: Zoe Quinn, Brianna Wu, Felicia Day, Anita Sarkeesian, Phil Fish(for defending zoe quinn), Alison Rapp, Rebecca Watson, Maya Kramer, Jenn Frank, Mattie Brice, Leigh Alexander, Rebecca HG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom