• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have it figured out. Most people only play a game under 2 hours and then act as if they played the whole thing. All I had to do was make the first parts of it seem strong and promising, and most people will give favorable feedback.

The force is strong with this one, I see.

CostlyElaborateDove.gif

OMFG

Really, if a 2D side-scroller doesn't have a move where you can have sex with the monsters, it's not worth playing.

So you're saying Christine Love should make a 2D side scroller?

DAY 1!

Jobbs

Banned
Really, if a 2D side-scroller doesn't have a move where you can have sex with the monsters, it's not worth playing.

after they experience the touching story they'll want to have sex with the creator. that's what this is really all about.

it's not at all what it's really all about

Misha

Banned
after they experience the touching story they'll want to have sex with the creator. that's what this is really all about.

it's not at all what it's really all about

Well now ill never play your game. I dont want to want that

I don't think that's why it's called sword fighting.

I need to add you guys on Miitomo

I'm pretty sure it's easiest to connect through Twitter.

So, Lili, what kind of game is it that you're developing? I like the look of your character so far.

uh, I don't know. It's ostensibly an action/combat platformer with deep lore and a huge cast of characters. The video linked below does an okay job of showing where the project was at two and a half months ago but most of that has been revised or replaced. I enhanced the color palette, improved most of the animations, changed the moveset (so for example default is walk instead of sprint, and you can't crouch anymore). This also isn't the game's name anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i26wPRzI92M

In mississippi you can now fire a man for refusing to wear a hula skirt to work

In Mississippi they'd still be refusing to serve black people in private businesses if it weren't for the Civil Rights Act. It is a time portal and it is permanently stuck in the 19th century.

Misha

Banned
whatever happened to this and this? Seems like I've seen em at past E3s then never again

yeah well I don't want you to want me to want you to not want me to want not want that. not.

I don't want you to want me.
I don't need you to need me.
I wouldn't love you to love me.
I'm not beggin' you to beg me.
I don't want you to want me.
I don't need you to need me.
I wouldn't love you to love me.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
uh, I don't know. It's ostensibly an action/combat platformer with deep lore and a huge cast of characters. The video linked below does an okay job of showing where the project was at two and a half months ago but most of that has been revised or replaced. I enhanced the color palette, improved most of the animations, changed the moveset (so for example default is walk instead of sprint, and you can't crouch anymore). This also isn't the game's name anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i26wPRzI92M
I was once chatting with a guy who was also trying to develop a side scroller where the character was fire themed. We both tried to come up with a name for it, but not too long after, the art director left the project, which meant that he basically had to start from scratch. I'm not sure if he's gotten any farther now.

Misha

Banned
In Mississippi they'd still be refusing to serve black people in private businesses if it weren't for the Civil Rights Act. It is a time portal and it is permanently stuck in the 19th century.

They can do the same in Pennsylvania so long as you're working for an individual

Corporations are good for something :\

(at least I think. The law is much harder to read than the Mississippi one)

I was once chatting with a guy who was also trying to develop a side scroller where the character was fire themed. We both tried to come up with a name for it, but not too long after, the art director left the project, which meant that he basically had to start from scratch. I'm not sure if he's gotten any farther now.

That kind of thing is all too common, a story I've heard dozens of times. Independent workers are generally so fickle, myself included.

AcridMeat

Banned
This thread moves too fast for how little I can check it now.

I think Turin posted a bunch of Screaming Trees, to which I say, hell yeah brudda.

T-minus 10 minutes from getting home from work to a moscow mule made.

AYYY WEEKEND BOIIIS

zeemumu

Okay so you and lilith need to be added. I'll remember to do so. My Twitter's a mess though.

That kind of thing is all too common, a story I've heard dozens of times. Independent workers are generally so fickle, myself included.

I'm working on programming for this Metroidvania 2d game. I was assigned to implement double jumping and I already did that and threw in the sprint function that was next. Now I'm just kinda waiting to see what happens next because getting into contact with the rest of the programmers has been a hassle. They still need to add me to the Skype group.

This thread moves too fast for how little I can check it now.

I think Turin posted a bunch of Screaming Trees, to which I say, hell yeah brudda.

T-minus 10 minutes from getting home from work to a moscow mule made.

AYYY WEEKEND BOIIIS

You have excellent taste in drinks, sir. I'm hoping my boy gets here soon so we can go out!

I'm working on programming for this Metroidvania 2d game. I was assigned to implement double jumping and I already did that and threw in the sprint function that was next. Now I'm just kinda waiting to see what happens next because getting into contact with the rest of the programmers has been a hassle. They still need to add me to the Skype group.

What a headache. Are you all in different time zones too?

Jobbs

Banned
if you want to get a game made, either have real money to pay, or do it alone

When people talk about back end collaborations I roll my eyes

zeemumu

What a headache. Are you all in different time zones too?

We're all just college students with wildly varying schedules. We used to have actual in-person meetings but they stopped those in favor of skype ones. The art team seems to be having the time of their lives though.

I'm gonna take a peak at Amazon lumberyard and see how that engine is.

FUME5

Saturday morning, taken the dog to the park, house is clean and about to hang the washing out.

Wonder what I'll do for the rest of the day...

Halcyon

I lived in Pensacola for a spell when I was 1. I don't remember it fondly.

Baby was fussy all night. Got home after picking up things for dinner and the wife looked like she was really frazzled so we went for a car ride with the baby.

So I've done nothing but drive all evening between the commute home and that.

Spent 30 dollars on a dinner that went uneaten. Have a great weekend friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom