• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risgroo

Listening to this album tonight. Perfection.gif
ElwfTge.jpg

Halcyon

I'm sitting in my rocking chair with my daughter while the wife gets a nap. I have piano music lightly playing in the background. I'm having a life moment.

Misha

Banned
I'm sitting in my rocking chair with my daughter while the wife gets a nap. I have piano music lightly playing in the background. I'm having a life moment.
"I'll Love You Forever, I'll Like You for Always, As Long As I'm Living, My Baby You'll Be"

Jobbs

Banned
I remember the Jonas Brothers. I think I was in my early/mid 20s when I first saw them on something, and I remember finding it interesting that the "boy band" had evolved from the n'sync type stuff to "kids who play guitars and resemble more of an actul band" and stuff

I have a backstreet boys CD. I bought it because I wanted to. No regrets.

my favorite song is the one that goes "tell me why.. ain't nothing but blah blah"

I like how it was like 4 young looking kids and one guy who looked 40

Halcyon

I have a backstreet boys CD. I bought it because I wanted to. No regrets.

I also legitimately like Nick Lachey and feel like we could be friends.

Misha

Banned
I remember the Jonas Brothers. I think I was in my early/mid 20s when I first saw them on something, and I remember finding it interesting that the "boy band" had evolved from the n'sync type stuff to "kids who play guitars and resemble more of an actul band" and stuff

my favorite song is the one that goes "tell me why.. ain't nothing but blah blah"

I like how it was like 4 young looking kids and one guy who looked 40
Cause I want it that way

Apparently I remember all the words

Welp, went to see Batman v Superman. That was...oof. I didn't think Man of Steel was terrible, just bland. This was pretty difficult to get through. The characters are just all so completely non-sensible.

I want to thank Warner Brothers for spending hundreds of millions of dollars to make a movie for just me and Halcyon. I don't think I'll ever be able to repay them.

Jobbs

Banned
@nomad yes it's real!

and re. BvS I didn't hate it. I enjoyed it more than the avengers or iron man, all of which I did hate. I kinda liked BvS. I also kinda liked MOS despite not generally thinking Superman is an interesting character.. I thought they did the best possible job with a dumb character, and ended up with a decent movie

at least some of the BvS complaints come from comic book shit that people didn't like, but I never read the comic books and don't give a shit. Like the one badguy.. some people didn't like the handling of.. I didn't give a shit

re. the facebook kid as lex luger, I completely didn't mind that.. I hated kevin spacey in the same role and found him obnoxious and obnoxiously uninteresting

zeemumu

@nomad yes it's real!

and re. BvS I didn't hate it. I enjoyed it more than the avengers or iron man, all of which I did hate. I kinda liked BvS. I also kinda liked MOS despite not generally thinking Superman is an interesting character.. I thought they did the best possible job with a dumb character, and ended up with a decent movie

They didn't though. They threw random plots in and threw entire characters out. It's not like they ended up with the rights to a Jubilee movie and were told to make it a hit. You can tell a good story with Batman. You can tell a good story with Superman. Some of those good stories were in the movie. But when you throw a bunch of good stuff into a blender it doesn't mean that the result is good.

Jobbs

Banned
They didn't though. They threw random plots in and threw entire characters out. It's not like they ended up with the rights to a Jubilee movie and were told to make it a hit. You can tell a good story with Batman. You can tell a good story with Superman. Some of those good stories were in the movie. But when you throw a bunch of good stuff into a blender it doesn't mean that the result is good.

this is another example of why it helps to not give a singular shit about the comics, or know much about them, for that matter

don't get me wrong, I think I would prefer a movie just about batfleck and get rid of the other stuff or push it way to the side, but, again, I'm just saying I didn't hate it, not that it was perfect

In my opinion there has been no good movie representation of batman before affleck. he's the best batman to date and in my opinion the only good one.

@nomad yes it's real!

at least some of the BvS complaints come from comic book shit that people didn't like, but I never read the comic books and don't give a shit. Like the one badguy.. some people didn't like the handling of.. I didn't give a shit

re. the facebook kid as lex luger, I completely didn't mind that.. I hated kevin spacey in the same role and found him obnoxious and obnoxiously uninteresting

I haven't read a single DC comic. Although I'm planning on starting with some Superman comics soon. And I would prefer the Lex Luthor I know, but that is far from my main gripes with the movie.

It mostly feels completely atrocious in pacing and the characters are acting inconsistent like they are void of any motivations. It is weird how many scenes are wasted on inconsequential things and how many times there are actions by one of the characters that just does not make sense.

this is another example of why it helps to not give a singular shit about the comics, or know much about them, for that matter

don't get me wrong, I think I would prefer a movie just about batfleck and get rid of the other stuff or push it way to the side, but, again, I'm just saying I didn't hate it, not that it was perfect

In my opinion there has been no good movie representation of batman before affleck. he's the best batman to date and in my opinion the only good one.

Well, the best Batman movies with the best representation of Batman are the animated ones...

Oh, btw:

Jobbs

Banned
Honestly I just like watching Batfleck work out, I want more

I don't care much for Superman
(I kinda just shrugged when he died while there were people in literal tears)
, but I still acknowledge that there's good stuff in his stories. It failed a lot of fans on an adaptation standpoint with Snyder's reckless treatment of characters and failed a lot of moviegoers from a film standpoint because it was confusing and had several plots going at once. You didn't have to know much about the character to see the flaws, but you would have missed
Flash time traveling in Batman's dream, what the mother box was, the Superman Injustice storyline, both setups for Darkseid, the Death in the Family reference with Jason Todd's suit, and the possibility of Superman coming back with long hair.

anyone who thinks superman won't be back is duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

zeemumu

this is another example of why it helps to not give a singular shit about the superman comics, or know much about them, for that matter

I don't care much for Superman
(I kinda just shrugged when he died while there were people in literal tears)
, but I still acknowledge that there's good stuff in his stories. It failed a lot of fans on an adaptation standpoint with Snyder's reckless treatment of characters and failed a lot of moviegoers from a film standpoint because it was confusing and had several plots going at once. You didn't have to know much about the character to see the flaws, but you would have missed
Flash time traveling in Batman's dream, what the mother box was, the Superman Injustice storyline, both setups for Darkseid, the Death in the Family reference with Jason Todd's suit, and the possibility of Superman coming back with long hair.

There's gotta be a Batfleck movie coming, right? I haven't been following, but I think that would be good.

He's working on it himself and was a great Batman so I'd definitely be down to see that.

zeemumu

people liked or (mostly) didn't like the movie for different reasons. There's lots to pick out because it's so jam-packed. No need to bicker over which parts are more awful.

Lois was probably the worst part, though.

Jesse Eisenberg wasn't a good fit for Lex Luthor but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't extremely entertained every time he was onscreen. The fuckin' Jolly Rancher scene had me in stitches. The parts that I liked were anything involving Batfleck and Wonder Woman, despite the fact that
I could totally see that plane that she was in.

zeemumu

I'm starting to see where I get my overreacting from. On the bright side, I can tone it down now that I'm aware of it now. Progress made towards avoiding becoming a dick.

Lois was probably the worst part, though.

Jesse Eisenberg wasn't a good fit for Lex Luthor but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't extremely entertained every time he was onscreen. The fuckin' Jolly Rancher scene had me in stitches. The parts that I liked were anything involving Batfleck and Wonder Woman, despite the fact that
I could totally see that plane that she was in.

Oh well you'll get no argument from me re: Lois. Bad, boring, and didn't ever drive the plot forward despite taking up so much screen time.

I'm hot
You're cold
You go around
Like you know
Who I am
But you don't
You've got me on
My toes (toes, toes)

I'm slipping into the lava
And I'm trying to keep from going under
Baby you turn the temperature hotter
Cause I'm burnin' up, burnin' up