• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm starting to see where I get my overreacting from. On the bright side, I can tone it down now that I'm aware of it now. Progress made towards avoiding becoming a dick.

Don't be a dick, eat da dick.
invoker-laugh.gif

zeemumu

Even if you somehow convert everyone in the thread to dick-loving androphiles, there's still the matter of uprooting and moving countries. :(

Come to California! :D

I feel like we're setting up an inevitable GAF meetup in SoCal between you, me, WuvCraft, Dragonz, and the other GAF member in SoCal

AcridMeat

Banned
You're overrated!
You're not wrong about that.
Pearl Jam's my favourite band whenever I've had a few beers! (like now)

I'm also starting to get properly into Alice in Chains. They're not as accessible as PJ, but after listening to Dirt a few times I think I'm in love :D

Drunk me has good(?) taste
I'm glad to hear it. I sang Rooster at the game night this week with a friend. :D
once you become aware of your blindspot in each eye it'll freak you out
I thought it was cool as hell when I found them. Real world reminders of how our brain tricks us into filling in what we can't actually see is really really interesting to me.
I feel like we're setting up an inevitable GAF meetup in SoCal between you, me, WuvCraft, Dragonz, and the other GAF member in SoCal
Yeah no it's fine you don't have to invite me anyway. I'm just going to sit up here in the bay area and cry.
I'm joking that would happen regardless

zeemumu

Yeah no it's fine you don't have to invite me anyway. I'm just going to sit up here in the bay area and cry.
I'm joking that would happen regardless

You could come too but you'll have to cross the abyss of desert, hills, and vineyards that is central California.

zeemumu

WonderCon GAF Meet.

Then we all go to Disneyland.

Hell yeah!

Speaking of comics and Disneyland, I've been searching for the new Haunted Mansion comic for ages. I checked every store that it could conceivably be in at both parks. I only found the Big Thunder Mountain comic.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Sell nudes or go on chaturbate. Or find yourself a sugar daddy in California.

You have a lot of options.

I show my nudes for the love of the arts so no cam or selling nudes. Sugar daddies is a decent option tho.

zeemumu

They sell comics at Disneyland, soon to be GAFLand?

They sell Marvel Comics in the Marvel HQ above the Star Wars Launch Bay. That's where I bought my Spider-Gwen comic. But there's also a Haunted Mansion shop in New Orleans Square and a store called Off the Page in California Adventure that sells artwork, comics, books, dvds, etc. I searched all of these and World of Disney in Downtown Disney.

Jobbs

Banned
If I had the energy I'd love to write an essay about how Nintendo squandered its Metroid fanbase and fundamentally misunderstands its own property, and contrast it against Fromsoft which has catered to its fanbase and nurtured it and caused it to grow, creating a big space for itself

Just too lazy

They sell Marvel Comics in the Marvel HQ above the Star Wars Launch Bay. That's where I bought my Spider-Gwen comic. But there's also a Haunted Mansion shop in New Orleans Square and a store called Off the Page in California Adventure that sells artwork, comics, books, dvds, etc. I searched all of these and World of Disney in Downtown Disney.

I'd assume DCA sold comics (as well as fucking amazing cherry limeade at Ariel's Grotto), but not DL.

zeemumu

I'd assume DCA sold comics (as well as fucking amazing cherry limeade at Ariel's Grotto), but not DL.

They both do, but DL makes more use of its Star Wars and Marvel properties by replacing Innoventions with them.

DCA remains half Pixar Land, half small recreation of California.

Speaking of drinks, I tried the Dark Side drink in Tomorrowland.

Star-Wars-The-Dark-Side-Drink-11132015.jpg

It's decent. I kept the miniature glowing Death Star

AcridMeat

Banned
But the scenery of the 101 is so much better. One is a mad max desert and the other is all beach views.
Like I said that's highway 1 with the coastal roads, but it takes a couple hours longer. 101 is inland and while you get a few more wineries it's really not that much different from the 5. You get to see Monterey.

zeemumu

Like I said that's highway 1 with the coastal roads, but it takes a couple hours longer. 101 is inland and while you get a few more wineries it's really not that much different from the 5. You get to see Monterey.

The 101 follows the coast closer to SoCal if you don't take the 5.

Misha

Banned
If I had the energy I'd love to write an essay about how Nintendo squandered its Metroid fanbase and fundamentally misunderstands its own property, and contrast it against Fromsoft which has catered to its fanbase and nurtured it and caused it to grow, creating a big space for itself

Just too lazy

Same with paper Mario :(

FloatOn

Just too lazy

Nintendo sucking balls is not a new idea. Hardly worth the effort to write about.

They both do, but DL makes more use of its Star Wars and Marvel properties by replacing Innoventions with them.

DCA remains half Pixar Land, half small recreation of California.

Speaking of drinks, I tried the Dark Side drink in Tomorrowland.

Star-Wars-The-Dark-Side-Drink-11132015.jpg

It's decent. I kept the miniature glowing Death Star

YES. Ever since making it PixarLand, it's gotten so much fucking better. Even though the Animation Studio is awesome. I beamed like a child upon entering.

I ate at the Rosa(?) once. Super fucking expensive but super good food.

AcridMeat

Banned
You guys are making me bad that I just fly to the bay when I want to go. Apparently I'm missing a lot of beautiful country.
You really should do the drive all the way up to SF on the 1, there's some amazing scenery.

That said I'd prefer the flight too, it's only like 30 minutes.

zeemumu

What's the difference between Florda Disney and Cali Disney?

California Disney is Disneyland Resort. It's the original and the resort is made up of two parks: California Adventure and Disneyland. Florida Disney is Disneyworld and was made later. With it being their 2nd attempt and having a lot more room, It's a far larger resort and is made up of 4 parks: Magic Kingdom (a recreation of Disneyland), Wild Animal Kingdom (Theme Park/Zoo), Hollywood Studios (poor man's Universal Studios), and Epcot (SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!!). Disneyworld also has a few water parks and golf courses if I remember correctly.

YES. Ever since making it PixarLand, it's gotten so much fucking better. Even though the Animation Studio is awesome. I beamed like a child upon entering.

I ate at the Rosa(?) once. Super fucking expensive but super good food.

Cars Land is insanely detailed. I haven' had a chance to ride the new attraction that they replaced Luigi's Flying Tires with.

You really should do the drive all the way up to SF on the 1, there's some amazing scenery.

That said I'd prefer the flight too, it's only like 30 minutes.

I did once when I was a lot younger, so too young to appreciate the scenery. All I remember is it took the whole day to make the drive and so we were too exhausted to do much by the time we arrived.

What's the difference between Florda Disney and Cali Disney?

From my understanding Florida has a lot more, but it's much more spread out. Cali isn't small, mind you, but you can reasonably do everything in a couple of days if the lines aren't terrible so spending a week there would be redundant.

That's just what I've heard. Been to Cali Disney 50–100 times and never to Florida.

SystemBug

California Disney is Disneyland Resort. It's the original and the resort is made up of two parks: California Adventure and Disneyland. Florida Disney is Disneyworld and was made later. With it being their 2nd attempt and having a lot more room, It's a far larger resort and is made up of 4 parks: Magic Kingdom (a recreation of Disneyland), Wild Animal Kingdom (Theme Park/Zoo), Hollywood Studios (poor man's Universal Studios), and Epcot (SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!!). Disneyworld also has a few water parks and golf courses if I remember correctly.
Ah I see. I have been to Disney World. Florida is too god damn hot. The best thing was the free drinks place at Epcot lol.

Man I wanna come down to SoCal just to hangout with some gaffers and stuff

Jobbs

Banned
Driving longer than about an hour starts to really drive me nuts

Flying always wins. It's like magic. I went to Philadelphia that way last. Airports suck but it sure beats being in that fucking car for 6 hours

zeemumu

Ah I see. I have been to Disney World. Florida is too god damn hot. The best thing was the free drinks place at Epcot lol.

Man I wanna come down to SoCal just to hangout with some gaffers and stuff

Florida and SoCal Disney are a quantity vs. quality thing. Disneyworld has more, but having been to both, Magic Kingdom ain't got shit on Disneyland for the most part. You could say I'm biased for my own state but I went to Disneyworld first because I lived on the eastern half of the US at the time.

I will say that Magic Kingdom has a better standard Haunted Mansion because it looks more like a Haunted Mansion and less like plantation style mansion (because Disneyland's Haunted Mansion is in New Orleans Square). I don't think they do the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay during the holidays, though. At some point I'd really like to visit the Phantom Manor in Disneyland Paris. From what I've read it blows both mansions out of the water with the way that the backstory and ride details are set up.

Jobbs

Banned
incidentally, I feel like I may have restless leg syndrome. My legs hate being still. If I hold them still I start to get more and more anxious. I bounce around in my chair like a maniac

Kevyt

The male butt is a beautiful thing that blaffes me.

Especially when the guy is good looking and doesn't skip leg day.

You also can really tell that Disneyworld was the second park. Even though it is bigger and has more stuff, it is also feels a lot more bloated. I mean, I like AK and HS and EpCot, but I guess I'll have to go back when it's not Christmas. The first time I've been back in 14 years and it's hot, muggy, and fucking full of people.

Even Animal Kingdom.

California Adventure is good in small doses. I love how every "land" looks like the area of California they are trying to represent. SonomaLand, TahoeLand, Santa Cruz Land.

DCA also has the food and wine festival. They know exactly what void they are filling. It's a low-key Disneyland.

Cars Land is insanely detailed.

Cars Land is the shit. Looks straight outta the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom