• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
welp, I'm done with going on dates now. it's starting to feel more like completing an obstacle course than a fun time. I'm enjoying myself way more staying home, eating all the nasty snacks & watching friends.
Hell yeah!
first I felt like in a philosophy class, he wouldn't stop talking..even asking me questions like "so... what's a circle? describe a circle to me" (philosophy was my minor but even I have my limits) then he basically flat out told me why I shouldn't date him. he was like "well I have a problem with alcohol. I get aggressive without it, my friends can't even stand me. I actually started drinking at 3pm today too" ...which means he basically was kinda drunk the entire time we met. he also invited me to "crash" at his place right away.
Aw hell nah what's up (with this shit) dog?

Seriously, I'm sorry you had to be in that actual real life experienced situation, but it's hilarious to me. :(

I found out my new friends at the game night, one of them is way way way into horror and gore and Takashi Miike and Twin Peaks and they're my new best friend.

Also found out they've been married for two years with one of my other new friends and neither of them wear a ring x_x

But life is more about the journey, not the destination, so dying alone shouldn't be the concern, right?
that's true.
I thought my grandparents were in it to the end but after I grew up I learned that my grandmother cheated on him years ago but they stayed together anyway but it was never the same and it was pretty much loveless

sorry for the depressingness.

I'm not a housemouse guy. I'm very careful about houses and mice.

I just like to hang out and do my things. I'm going back and forth between editing sound and playing ori and the blind forest.

yeah. pretty much all relationships I used to admire have some sort of "dark secret" like this.

hm that doesn't sound too crazy!

Jobbs

Banned
that's true.

yeah. pretty much all relationships I used to admire have some sort of "dark secret" like this.

hm that doesn't sound too crazy!

I'm literally choosing between shits right now.

I have like a bunch of takes of my character saying "shit shit shit!" and I can'd decide which to use.

:: editing ::

AcridMeat

Banned
I had sex last night
z9n8lffB3j.gif

Hell yeah!
Aw hell nah what's up (with this shit) dog?

Seriously, I'm sorry you had to be in that actual real life experienced situation, but it's hilarious to me. :(

I found out my new friends at the game night, one of them is way way way into horror and gore and Takashi Miike and Twin Peaks and they're my new best friend.

Also found out they've been married for two years with one of my other new friends and neither of them wear a ring x_x

I just wanted to go home but it's kinda funny to me now too.

ooh people need to wear those damn things. that's also why I'm in favor of facebook relationship status updates. we all need to know what's what damnit so why hide it. it's just making it confusing.
Miike and Twin peaks sounds ace though!

I'm literally choosing between shits right now.

I have like a bunch of takes of my character saying "shit shit shit!" and I can'd decide which to use.

:: editing ::

take the second one.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
lol it's not supposed to be a riveting story. I'm just making the point that meeting people can have great benefits.
I'm just ribbing you.

My dream woman is an adept warrior and swordsman.

e5cfc0f4eba1d6e96b710037d4d37158.jpg

Curse this boring world.

Jobbs

Banned
if you're fuckin serious, get a ring tattoo. otherwise don't bother, you're not for real. you're admitting defeat by putting nothing permanent on your body

and ok. 2nd take. you got it. comin' RIGHT up.

zeemumu

Start going to fencing lessons

I considered fencing lessons once because I was really interested in swords. I ended up learning that movie swordfights are bullshit because you'll fuck up your blade by constantly clashing with the cutting edge.

Jobbs

Banned
How about people can choose how to handle their relationships :p

Nein! Nein nein nein nein nein nein!!!!!!!!

Honestly i'm kidding around, but I do find people building a framework for when the thing falls apart (prenups) to be -- while realistic -- very bizarre, because you're supposed to be *vowing* to be bound to someone *to death*. To me, vowing to be bound to someone until we die is pretty serious. I'm hesitant to do it, but the reason I'm hesitant to do it is because I don't like making vows I can't keep. "VOW". How often do you make one of those? It should be a huge deal.

no one fucking takes it seriously at all.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm edging into political territory here, but I feel like this is a big reason why our society is so depressed. Relationships are not fickle things... despite what the majority of our generation may think. They're also built on compromise and (gasp) commitment, even during dull patches or periods of time where the spark isn't as strong as it used to be. People don't want to go through the good and the bad together, and are too willing to jump to another one to get the spark back, losing out on the order, peace, and fulfillment of a long term, enduring relationship and replacing it with the frivolous pursuit of pleasure.

And as long as government benefits are tied into marriages, you're always going to get people getting married for a variety of reasons besides "I love this person."
The truth behind this statement drains my soul.

Nein! Nein nein nein nein nein nein!!!!!!!!

Honestly i'm kidding around, but I do find people building a framework for when the thing falls apart (prenups) to be -- while realistic -- very bizarre, because you're supposed to be *vowing* to be bound to someone *to death*

Hey, we gays fought really hard for the opportunity to not take it seriously!

And as long as government benefits are tied into marriages, you're always going to get people getting married for a variety of reasons besides "I love this person."

Jobbs

Banned
I'm edging into political territory here, but I feel like this is a big reason why our society is so depressed. Relationships are not fickle things... despite what the majority of our generation may think. They're also built on compromise and (gasp) commitment, even during dull patches or periods of time where the spark isn't as strong as it used to be. People don't want to go through the good and the bad together, and are too willing to jump to another one to get the spark back, losing out on the order, peace, and fulfillment of a long term, enduring relationship and replacing it with the frivolous pursuit of pleasure.

The truth behind this statement drains my soul.

The scene in The Americans in the first season where Elizabeth and Phillip
were breaking up just because they weren't gettlong along, basically -- And they told the kids about it over dinner and royally fucked the kids minds
-- Made me so angry. I had a visceral reaction to that. Selfish fucking dickhead people. Fictional people, yes, but that happens everywhere in real life.

Hey, we gays fought really hard for the opportunity to not take it seriously!

This is a very good point, but I'm still very hesitant to VOW!!!! to do something I don't think most humans are capable of doing even if the government is incentivizing me to do so

AcridMeat

Banned
I just wanted to go home but it's kinda funny to me now too.

ooh people need to wear those damn things. that's also why I'm in favor of facebook relationship status updates. we all need to know what's what damnit so why hide it. it's just making it confusing.
Miike and Twin peaks sounds ace though!
The bolded is exactly why it's nice to be outgoing sometimes. Even if we end up having to interact with crazies we have an interesting story to share with others later, and sometimes that's better than just saying I stayed in my underwear all day.

And yeah, it was a bit of a shock because they're both flirty as hell. Not fair!

zeemumu

I dunno. You shouldn't be pressured to get married, or even to be in a relationship if you're perfectly fine without one. People do need other people to keep from going crazy but that's not limited exclusively to relationships. You could have a ton of friends, or work in a field where you meet a ton of people. But if you find someone that you get along really well with, you can stick together. Go places and hang out, or stay in and watch movies. Just remember that you're not one half of a set that's incomplete without the other. But if you've been together for a decade and you're not married you may as well at that point, shouldn't be that big of a deal by that point.

I actually don't know anyone irl who have divorced. Ive heard stories but no one I know personally

I do. One of my friends got divorced after 3 months when we were all 18. All of my other friends who got married are still married, granted they've all been married for 1-3 years because we're all still pretty young.

Mornin all!

I missed the conversation but I would love to be in a reality where BvS' localised name (like how Fast and the Furious is WILD SPEED in Japan) is "The Misadventures of Lois Lane"

Also, I kept getting weird parallel vibes at the end of the movie to a Melrose Place finale from years back (my brother's ex-wife was super into it when I was a kid and now decades later, I'm strangely cursed with random images from the show)
I howled with laughter when it held frame at the end almost exactly the same way.

10/10 Would watch again

Misha

Banned
I do. One of my friends got divorced after 3 months when we were all 18. All of my other friends who got married are still married, granted they've all been married for 1-3 years because we're all still pretty young.

Now that you mention it, there was a girl in high school who got married and divorced when she was 18. Sorta silly to make a commitment like that when you're that young

SolVanderlyn

Now that you mention it, there was a girl in high school who got married and divorced when she was 18. Sorta silly to make a commitment like that when you're that young
The brain doesn't develop fully until your 20's at least. Before that everyone lacks long-term decision making skills.

The cynic in me has deduced that nature did this on purpose to use puberty to drive us into intimacy before we can realize the consequences of what we're doing.

I kid, I kid...

Sort of

The bolded is exactly why it's nice to be outgoing sometimes. Even if we end up having to interact with crazies we have an interesting story to share with others later, and sometimes that's better than just saying I stayed in my underwear all day.

And yeah, it was a bit of a shock because they're both flirty as hell. Not fair!

yeah I guess so. it was an experience at least.

married people shouldn't be flirty. they should be unfunny, bland all the time and constantly uttering "I'm married" in a monotone voice between sentences.

zeemumu

I'm working on being more outgoing. It's easier for me to start being outgoing but it's hard to maintain. I just need to stop worrying about looking stupid.

AcridMeat

Banned
married people shouldn't be flirty. they should be unfunny, bland all the time and constantly uttering "I'm married" in a monotone voice between sentences.
Yeah basically this except "I'm married" instead of the mutter.
I'm working on being more outgoing. It's easier for me to start being outgoing but it's hard to maintain. I just need to stop worrying about looking stupid.
It can take a ton of energy, especially if you're a specific personality. It's why I stay home on the weekends and relax because going out during the week along with work completely drains me.

That said, I'm probably going out tonight. haha

Misha

Banned
The brain doesn't develop fully until your 20's at least. Before that everyone lacks long-term decision making skills.

The cynic in me has deduced that nature did this on purpose to use puberty to drive us into intimacy before we can realize the consequences of what we're doing.

I kid, I kid...

Sort of

I didn't have puberty that most people do so no intimacy here!

zeemumu

It can take a ton of energy, especially if you're a specific personality. It's why I stay home on the weekends and relax because going out during the week along with work completely drains me.

That said, I'm probably going out tonight. haha

I'm INFJ if that factors in somehow.

SolVanderlyn

Circle is apple

Oval is egg

We done here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom