• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
MjoJgur.jpg

facts-left-egg.png

I find it hard to talk about ovals because you can't focus on just one thing.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Evening GAF, just got off watch. Watching some Evangelion and eating awful food. Missing my little me really bad :'(

zeemumu

Circle:

(x-h)^2 + (y-k)^2 = r^2

(h,k) is the center point and r is radius

Don't remember what oval formula is though

oval/ellipse is basically the same thing. you just make the lengths from the center different. For a circle they're both the same, or both 1 in the formula that you posted. I changed the lengths to make it an oval.

Misha

Banned
oval/ellipse is basically the same thing. you just make the lengths from the center different. For a circle they're both the same, or both 1 in the formula that you posted. I changed the lengths to make it an oval

A "length from center" is called a radius(in the case of a circle at least) and that's r :p

SystemBug

Oh yeah I know about how poorly animals are treated and stuff but I have bigger things to worry about like my people getting killed

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Eggs are delicious. Meat is delicious. I don't give a flying fuck how my food is treated. Pump my cows full of steroids and put 1000000 chickens in a coop. idgaf.

Jobbs

Banned
Oh you're one of those.

yes, I am

there's a good chance that future generations will look back at us as barbarians

Can you like marry me.

I haven't met a single man that thinks like you do.

sorry I'm already married to DESTINY

Oh yeah I know about how poorly animals are treated and stuff but I have bigger things to worry about like my people getting killed

one doesn't lessen the other. no living thing deserves cruelty, especially that which can be avoided

I think this may be resolved once lab grown meat becomes acceptable to people

Misha

Banned
The radius for an oval isn't constant all the way around though.

for

it's sqrt 5 and sqrt 2

You could make it a circle by making those bottom two numbers the same

I accounted for that in the post you quoted

But my point was that its not one in the basic circle formula I posted, its r

Jobbs

Banned
Eggs are delicious. Meat is delicious. I don't give a flying fuck how my food is treated. Pump my cows full of steroids and put 1000000 chickens in a coop. idgaf.

Oddly, I can respect this more than the stance of most people -- which is, I'm vaguely aware that there are horrors involved with my food and how it got to my plate, but I choose to not think about it or look at it because it's tasty

Destiny or DS3?

I didn't finish dark souls 3. I'm waiting to fully play it in english.

zeemumu

I kinda do, but in the end my only preferences about all of that are that I only eat farm animals and fish.

SystemBug

one doesn't lessen the other. no living thing deserves cruelty, especially that which can be avoided

I think this may be resolved once lab grown meat becomes acceptable to people

I know but there is already so many issues my head has space for.

i had a pet goat and had to watch it get killed in front of me for food. I know the sacrifices animals make. also had a chicken friend for some time. i have just kinda made my peace with it at this point lol

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I find the whole "antibiotic free" trend even more egregious.

Plus the rejection of sustainable farmed fish just because it's a gmo.

You can't have it all.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'd love for insects as our protein supplement to take off, people in general are very hard to convince of that though.

We grow up being taught that they're icky, so it's going to take forever. Or until we deplete our water resources raising cattle and then eat each other instead.

I mean I'm down for either really.

Jobbs

Banned
I know but there is already so many issues my head has space for.

i had a pet goat and had to watch it get killed in front of me for food. I know the sacrifices animals make. also had a chicken friend for some time. i have just kinda made my peace with it at this point lol

The idea of eating animals and the way in which those animals were treated before becoming food are two separate issues that I feel ought to be discussed separately.

Our meat eggs and milk industry is by and large not humane -- and that's putting it very mildly

Misha

Banned
The idea of eating animals and the way in which those animals were treated before becoming food are two separate issues that I feel ought to be discussed separately.

Our meat eggs and milk industry is by and large not humane -- and that's putting it very mildly

Does it make it more or less moral that the situations they put food animals in make them dumber? (ignoring the pain and such)

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

There are problems but I think it's a bit of a mischaracterization. Produce farming abuses actual human beings, so where is the moral outrage for that?

zeemumu

Personally, I can only eat food that's certified DNA free. That stuff is dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!

You're making me flash back to that church meeting i went to with my mom when I was a kid and they were discussing the belief that there was a new cult going around making kids do things called "the lollies" (the lolz).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom