• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drink boxed wine from Target mostly. :p

21047.jpg

The necessary component to any Saturday night.

It's like drinking cat's piss. The worst

I still have terrible memories (or could be nightmares) about cask wine from when I worked at UQ. (University of Queensland)
Those nights are probably a huge part as to why I don't drink much these days :p

Misha

Banned
Do you think if insects as food/protein becomes commonplace, that people will be against eating that for the same moral reasons?

If someone is making an effort not to eat some animals, why not do it for all of them? The purpose of the bugs is more to help people who can't get enough food in the first place and (id hope) that's not what people are concerned about morally.

AcridMeat

Banned
Most likely. My thing is I don't like to directly contribute to other living beings' suffering. I try to go out of my way to not kill spiders even. But as all this hypothetical insect farming would be removed from me just like current cattle, poultry, and swine farming is, I would treat it the same way. I'm indirectly contributing to suffering but oh well that's the world we live in currently.

I'm working on it.
See I don't think it would be as widespread of a thought. I may be wrong about that. I don't kill spiders either, and actually remove things out of the house when it's easy enough to catch them and do so.

Also you stole my line I thought the exact same thing but didn't post it.
I'm now on a much more balanced (read : not trash) diet because I don't just eat meat all of the time.
GOOD DECISIONS AND THINGS
While I agree with your post in general, I'm focusing on this in particular as it's been the biggest learning curve in my 20's. I grew up on the heartiest food given my parents and background. When I was a kid a meal wasn't complete if there wasn't meat somewhere, or included in some way.

It feels so refreshing eating much less meat. I'm sure the affect is partly feeling good about it mentally, along with the actual health benefits, but yeah. Plus it can be fun and you end up trying so many new things as a result.

Jobbs

Banned
Yes. If I have to suffer with this movie burned into my mind then you all have to suffer with me.

Was is Wuvcraft or Jobbs who was using a scene from this movie as their game over screen?

my game doesn't have photos or videos or game over screens... so not me

my game doesn't have photos or videos or game over screens... so not me

I know it's not from GS, but I remember you posting a super rad game over screen-esque pic referencing Creepshow

While I agree with your post in general, I'm focusing on this in particular as it's been the biggest learning curve in my 20's. I grew up on the heartiest food given my parents and background. When I was a kid a meal wasn't complete if there wasn't meat somewhere, or included in some way.

It feels so refreshing eating much less meat. I'm sure the affect is partly feeling good about it mentally, along with the actual health benefits, but yeah. Plus it can be fun and you end up trying so many new things as a result.

It really is! My mother's always been a super experimental cook (we'll generally never have the same meal twice over a 1-2 month period, unless it's fucking cold and there's a couple of dishes that are god-tier) so I picked up on it as I grew up, so I've always loved cooking.

I only lost the love when I moved out and was expected to cook almost every night because everyone else is a fucking awful cook, so out of spite I just stopped cooking.
I picked it back up again a few years ago and I can't believe how much I missed it.

FUME5

I'll admit.

My post was totally a stealth "CALLING FUME5" beacon haha

Only my Aussie brethren can know the true horrors/yet joy of Coolabah

(We should petition to change the brand name to Fuckin' Coolabah Mayt™)

So many Aussie teens know the aftermath of Coolabah or Passion Pop.

Personally, Bundaberg Rum is the one drink I can't even contemplate drinking after one night when I was 16, body just says "no fucking way mate" at the first whiff of it.

So many Aussie teens know the aftermath of Coolabah or Passion Pop.

Personally, Bundaberg Rum is the one drink I can't even contemplate drinking after one night when I was 16, body just says "no fucking way mate" at the first whiff of it.

giphy.gif

MEMORIES

I can only think of one drink that truly, truly gave me drinking PTSD.

Goddamn Jagerbombs.

A friend of mine, years ago, wanted to have a drinking catch up since it was his first week off since joining the army at that time.

Things got out of hand and if I even get near the smell of a Red Bull nowadays, I'll come REAL CLOSE to hurling.

See I don't think it would be as widespread of a thought. I may be wrong about that. I don't kill spiders either, and actually remove things out of the house when it's easy enough to catch them and do so.

Also you stole my line I thought the exact same thing but didn't post it.

I could definitely see it not being as widespread. Mostly because many, many people are wantonly cruel to insects and arachnids because they're not cute and cuddly like most mammals. Many look repugnant, so there's less incentive to give a shit about their welfare.

I'm already halfway there.

Thanks for the nightmares.

Bye FakeGAF.

You can't leave while I'm just now getting lit after a glass of wine.

FUME5

MEMORIES

Goddamn Jagerbombs.

A friend of mine, years ago, wanted to have a drinking catch up since it was his first week off since joining the army at that time.

Things got out of hand and if I even get near the smell of a Red Bull nowadays, I'll come REAL CLOSE to hurling.

Hah! At least that will keep you away from energy drinks.

properly prepared asparagus is more delicious than any meat

that was just some shit I saw on twitter =)

False, but man, DOES IT COME CLOSE.

I've said this before, but Asparagus in the right hands can taste heavenly.

Re : Creepshow, oh riiiiiiight. I was more saying that's probably what zee was thinking of.

@feng plan streaming today?

Abso-damn-lutely!

I've just gone back and tweaking some rig stuff (for those that give a shit, I have to fix a shitton of vertex groups) but I'll probably be doing it around the same time, if not straight after lunch.

Speaking of which. I spent 10 minutes shrugging with my right arm with a denim jacket on in front of the mirror, so I can figure out how much the sleeve bends in.
.....I'm glad no one is in this part of the house....

AcridMeat

Banned
It really is! My mother's always been a super experimental cook (we'll generally never have the same meal twice over a 1-2 month period, unless it's fucking cold and there's a couple of dishes that are god-tier) so I picked up on it as I grew up, so I've always loved cooking.

I only lost the love when I moved out and was expected to cook almost every night because everyone else is a fucking awful cook, so out of spite I just stopped cooking.
I picked it back up again a few years ago and I can't believe how much I missed it.
Awesome trait! I bet you picked up some awesome tricks and combinations that are rarely used as a result. What's the best one you don't see anywhere she has in her locker?

PS move in with me I definitely won't make you cook every night.
I could definitely see it not being as widespread. Mostly because many, many people are wantonly cruel to insects and arachnids because they're not cute and cuddly like most mammals. Many look repugnant, so there's less incentive to give a shit about their welfare.

I'm already halfway there.
Yeah, you're right. That said that's exactly why I liked them as a kid. I basically asked "why" to the stereotype for them being awful things. I get pests, but just not finding them cute meaning anything to how we treat them.

That said, I have no problem eating bugs as sustainability.

Also I'm holding off on this chianti for now while I figure out who I'm meeting and where.

giphy.gif

MEMORIES

Goddamn Jagerbombs.

Absinthe

And just anything aniseed-y

If there is one day I wish never happened

It's the fucking half a bottle of absinthe day

Oh god even just thinking about it is making me queasy

Turin

Banned
Soundgarden - Black Rain

Yes. If I have to suffer with this movie burned into my mind then you all have to suffer with me.

It only amused me for some reason. Probably because I know it's not real and that someone went to such great lengths just to horrify a person. I'm sure I'd be unnerved if I sat down to watch the movie though.

Have a chocolate!

Definitely feels more energetic. Still like me a chicken wrap from time to time.

zeemumu

Soundgarden - Black Rain

It only amused me for some reason. Probably because I know it's not real and that someone went to such great lengths just to horrify a person. I'm sure I'd be unnerved if I sat down to watch the movie though.

Maybe. That whole section of the movie is a slow buildup of this guy's ongoing struggle with roaches, and somehow 3 cubic feet of them were hiding in his body.

Awesome trait! I bet you picked up some awesome tricks and combinations that are rarely used as a result. What's the best one you don't see anywhere she has in her locker?

PS move in with me I definitely won't make you cook every night.

Honestly? Nothing super revolutionary.

The only phrase I have in my head until the end of time is "Try everything. Test often".

In the preparation process, I'll put aside a portion to cook separately to try out a combination or idea so that, because it's separate, if things go catastrophically flavour-wise I can abandon the idea and split the portion down again to try something else.
And if everything goes well, I'll try and replicate the idea with the whole meal.

As long as you start off a dish with a foundation or idea of "what you want to make", then you're golden.

It's been done before, but I wanted chicken karaage the other night but we ran out of chicken and mayonnaise but a crap ton of eggs and some swordfish left over, so I made my own jap mayo and swordfish karaage. <waits for someone to correct me that karaage can only be cooked with chicken>

Sidenote, our house would be nothing but shenanigans 24/7. Best case scenario.

Absinthe

And just anything aniseed-y

If there is one day I wish never happened

It's the fucking half a bottle of absinthe day

Oh god even just thinking about it is making me queasy

I can't deal with Absinthe, oh god. Nothing but trash

Anis is super delicious though and you can make amazing cookies/pastries out of it.

You Know Nothing meeting a lady at a wine bar later :eek: time for some sweeberryWYNE

Awwwwwwww yeah.

I'm quite enjoying the ironic juxtaposition here

Not gonna lie. That wasn't even intentional.

My unexpected comedic genius is really boundless.

The guy in front of me in the checkout line at Target has six tofu scramble TV dinners. Lord help me. Probably completely unrelated but he looks super malnourished.

The good news is I have more wine now.

Those Milanos tho.

Turin

Banned
You Know Nothing meeting a lady at a wine bar later :eek: time for some (more) sweeberryWYNE
Hell yes! I love Chris Cornell's vocals, so good with a heavy guitar.

I just got done with Real Thing

Happy Sunday! :)

Maybe. That whole section of the movie is a slow buildup of this guy's ongoing struggle with roaches, and somehow 3 cubic feet of them were hiding in his body.

Hah!

Awwwwwwww yeah.

Not gonna lie. That wasn't even intentional.

My unexpected comedic genius is really boundless.

Those Milanos tho.

Your sweet tooth is also boundless.

giphy.gif

MEMORIES

Goddamn Jagerbombs.

I'm getting flashbacks to when my friends had a small end of semester party for college, and got fucking REKT on jagerbombs. I had to help babysit. Gave me a hilarious story though, which was made even better by none of them remembering it lol

AcridMeat

Banned
The guy in front of me in the checkout line at Target has six tofu scramble TV dinners. Lord help me. Probably completely unrelated but he looks super malnourished.

The good news is I have more wine now.
So proud :')

I could go for some Milanos, dang.
It's been done before, but I wanted chicken karaage the other night but we ran out of chicken and mayonnaise but a crap ton of eggs and some swordfish left over, so I made my own jap mayo and swordfish karaage. <waits for someone to correct me that karaage can only be cooked with chicken>

Sidenote, our house would be nothing but shenanigans 24/7. Best case scenario
I like how your worry is that we will poke fun at you for not being sure on the dish preparation name, and not the fact you had fucking swordfish laying around.

Our house wouldn't survive 6 months.
:D

Mark Lanegan is performing here in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom