• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes. I once went on a date with a girl (met her online). Went quite ok for first 30 minuts. But then she only talked about how she misses her dad in her life and she want is strong man, like her dad was. Of course she was from some village in the mountains, where things often stay in the family (if you know what I mean), so red lights went on in my head. I just texted my friend "CALL ME ASAP URGENT", so I could bail out with some lame excuse.

We all have our Appalachian hicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRxUbv90lLI

You just got done saying you can't remember the last time you were this drunk -- thus my question

A bit of hyperbole I guess. Thanksgiving was the last time. But maybe I feel a little bit lonelier on the nights when I'm not with my BF now? I don't know. It's not uncommon for me to end a night with a glass of wine, but tonight I thought what the hell and am three glasses in. 1.5 is usually where I start to feel it.

Jobbs

Banned
A bit of hyperbole I guess. Thanksgiving was the last time. But maybe I feel a little bit lonelier on the nights when I'm not with my BF now? I don't know. It's not uncommon for me to end a night with a glass of wine, but tonight I thought what the hell and am three glasses in. 1.5 is usually where I start to feel it.

this guy's catching on fast. =)

I don't drink much. Wine takes me forever to get drunk on anyway. My constitution is fucking hobbit level. Like a 6'2" hobbit.

Any time I drink it's like, okay, when will I feel it... :: bunch of drinks later :: okay, I'm starting to feel it. So what?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I can't remember the last time I was this drunk . I can't even see straight

I always feel bad for UK people waking up right when all the Americans are going to sleep, missing out on the fray

How are you typing so well, I'm impressed.

---

I'm two beers Inc but it's looks like they were 9%. Tasty

I'm like 3.5 glasses in so far.

WHEW.

You don't have to wear it, I only spent half a minute on it, but here's the milk apologist version of your avatar I mentioned last night.
1Iu8waZ.png

this guy's catching on fast. =)

I don't drink much. Wine takes me forever to get drunk on anyway. My constitution is fucking hobbit level. Like a 6'2" hobbit.

Any time I drink it's like, okay, when will I feel it... :: bunch of drinks later :: okay, I'm starting to feel it. So what?

giphy.gif

Everyone knows... it's the dwarves that go swimming with little hairy women

How are you typing so well, I'm impressed.

---

I'm two beers Inc but it's looks like they were 9%. Tasty

Because even drunk I reread stuff I've written, although I'm severely tempted not to

Jobbs

Banned
I find these days I like creamy drinks. Grasshoppers, A Bombs, Mudslides, to a somewhat lesser extent White Russians.

Brb changing to it.

you're a dear! ♥

Obviously the temptation gets the best of me
Autocorrect for life

yeah if it wasn't for the red squiggly line I'd be in a lot of trouble

We're making Tolkien references and Windam's not around. Oh well.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

GOOD.

He'd just try to convince me that Tolkien was a good author. And I'd just rebuff him and kick him off a bridge.

36d3d382f5.gif

By his own admission John Ronald Reuel was trying to make as long of a book as possible with LotR. It definitely shows in parts.

Turning off autocorrect is living life on the edge.

that's part of why I love drafting text in Notepad sometimes. It just lets me write stuff without worrying about "hey, you might have meant this." Of course that notification is super helpful in programming and certain other things, but not always.

Then do the honorable thing and stay up with me.

All nighter, baby.

I'll be there for you

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Looks like DJ at local radio station got dumped yesterday, because he is rolling old rock ballads for the last two hours. And looks like "I wanna know what love is" is his top song. Currently playing Nazareth - Dream on, damn poor fellow.

Turin

Banned
GOOD.

He'd just try to convince me that Tolkien was a good author. And I'd just rebuff him and kick him off a bridge.

36d3d382f5.gif

I miss the one where he's stuck in a bottle of syrup.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

I suppose you think that was terribly clever.

I should finally watch that blu ray collection I bought. It's been too long. >.>

Dazzler is the best X-Man

why? I don't read comics, so I know nothing about her.

Date was so not worth it. I should have stayed home and kept drinking wine here instead and gotten shitty with my fakefam.

kiss and tell! Pretty please ♥

no kidding. I haven't seen Michael Cera in anything since This Is the End, Jesse Eisenberg jokes notwithstanding. I miss his goofy face.

also I only just this week found out about Melanie Martinez. I feel betrayed. She's so perfect.

FUME5

A stray cat just walked into my house via the open back door.

I put it out the front.

It began meowing. Not going to happen.

AcridMeat

Banned
What happened Acrid?
I'll kinda list things off as I think of them (not in any particular order of importance)

They hid themselves well in photos
normally weight doesn't phase me much but they were much different from what the photos led on, which is surprising because it's usually pretty easy to tell.

They're a med student with high aspirations, which is fantastic and good on them, but that also meant they were super judgemental of other people and what they're doing (high standards) but then also judged people for being on a goal oriented path (law school -> lawyer etc)

Said they love music and listen to it nonstop all day every day, which is great! But then made a face when I said I'd been listening to Alice in Chains recently.

They were checking their phone multiple times, every 10 minutes or so (I've never had this happen with a date before, pretty rude)

They asked to split the bill (totally fine, though my tab was fairly cheaper) and then gave me shit for paying for it with a debit card. As if I don't have/use my own credit card (I do).

Just a total waste of time tbh. Most of this stuff didn't phase me in the moment because I'm super laid back, but adding it up now like damn.
You still can!
Mmmmm I'm gonna go to the store tomorrow and get something maybe.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
lmao

One of my personal rules is to never start drinking while the sun is up.

What if your out at the beat, or tubing, or your at a concert, or you have an interview at a bar, or date night is actually date lunch, or your still drunk from the night before, or you woke up late and the dude next to you isn't nearly as attractive as he was last night, or you're having an existential crisis, or you just got a shipment of free booze that expires tonight and needs to be drunk, or you are on a wine tasting tour, or your best friend offers you a 75 year old beardeaux, or you are in Beaurdaux?

Oh no. No Thanks?

No thanks. She sounds a tad high on that horse.

Related : Fuck people who mess with their phones on dates/hang outs/whatever. I
Unless it's an emergency, no thanks.

Oh well I guess that means I can go to sleep with no risk of missing it I suppose.

What time are you usually up/time zone?

I might do it in the morning tomorrow cause I'm taking a day off from all of the things.

Turin

Banned
I'll kinda list things off as I think of them (not in any particular order of importance)

They hid themselves well in photos
normally weight doesn't phase me much but they were much different from what the photos led on, which is surprising because it's usually pretty easy to tell.

They're a med student with high aspirations, which is fantastic and good on them, but that also meant they were super judgemental of other people and what they're doing (high standards) but then also judged people for being on a goal oriented path (law school -> lawyer etc)

Said they love music and listen to it nonstop all day every day, which is great! But then made a face when I said I'd been listening to Alice in Chains recently.

They were checking their phone multiple times, every 10 minutes or so (I've never had this happen with a date before, pretty rude)

They asked to split the bill (totally fine, though my tab was fairly cheaper) and then gave me shit for paying for it with a debit card. As if I don't have/use my own credit card (I do).

Just a total waste of time tbh. Most of this stuff didn't phase me in the moment because I'm super laid back, but adding it up now like damn.
Mmmmm I'm gonna go to the store tomorrow and get something maybe.

Haters_gonna_hate_ponies_fixed-37236.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
No thanks. She sounds a tad high on that horse.

Related : Fuck people who mess with their phones on dates/hang outs/whatever. I
Unless it's an emergency, no thanks.

What time are you usually up/time zone?

I might do it in the morning tomorrow cause I'm taking a day off from all of the things.

In about 5-6 hours. Atlantic Standard Time.

3:50am now so about 9 or 10am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom