• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

These guys are putting graphic abortion pictures up all over campus. Can't start the day without dead baby pictures, I guess...

I don't see what improving Chef Boyardee's image has to do with this.

I'm their Social Media Coordinator.

I'm not really convinced that things like what association goes first don't have a major impact but its something anyway.

I really think the order of the associations affected my responses— I got into the rhythm more and made fewer mistakes after they switched.

Either way, apparently I have a moderate automatic preference for straight people. My feeling is that as groups I prefer straight men less than anyone else.

Misha

Banned
I really think the order of the associations affected my responses— I got into the rhythm more and made fewer mistakes after they switched.

Either way, apparently I have a moderate automatic preference for straight people. My feeling is that as groups I prefer straight men less than anyone else.

I took like 4 of those tests and the first three, I preferred the choice that was given the nicer words first. the last test i took was the straight/gay one and I ended up preferring gay despite it getting the negative words first

so
thin>fat
white>black
obama>lincoln
straight<gay

Misha

Banned
"Free speech"

smh

if NeoGAF ran a college:

"Please don't create posters whose sole point is to horrify and appall people. This applies equally to posters about horrible events and to random, petty local tragedies of no greater significance. It makes people's experience of our campus worse if they have to tiptoe past posters about atrocities just to participate in their classes. Real news posters related to the college experience are fine, even when they're about something horrific happening, but if the right response to a poster is mostly just "wow that's awful" it probably shouldn't get a poster."

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
If there's an elementary school touring campus today I'm gonna laugh my ass off.

Last year some asshats managed to get an entire display set up in the common courtyard near the restaurants on campus. It was a 30 foot circular display of poster boards with dead fetus images and abortion shaming bullshit plastered everywhere. Then they had the nerve to holler and yell on the megaphone at students passing through.

zeemumu

Last year some asshats managed to get an entire display set up in the common courtyard near the restaurants on campus. It was a 30 foot circular display of poster boards with dead fetus images and abortion shaming bullshit plastered everywhere. Then they had the nerve to holler and yell on the megaphone at students passing through.

That's more or less what's happening, except there are kiosks set up under the posters and dudes handing out pamphlets.

Granadier

I have no problem with pro-choice/pro-life or whatever your opinion is. You shouldn't be able to try and get across your ideals by shocking and shaming innocent people though. Same goes for religion and the criers who sit on campus with a megaphone telling everyone they are going to hell.

Misha

Banned
I have no problem with pro-choice/pro-life or whatever your opinion is. You shouldn't be able to try and get across your ideals by shocking and shaming innocent people though. Same goes for religion and the criers who sit on campus with a megaphone telling everyone they are going to hell.

ehhh its protesting. they should absolutely have a right to it, especially since those people usually get the permits necessary to do it on campus

its probably doing more harm to their cause than good anyway.

zeemumu

ehhh its protesting. they should absolutely have a right to it, especially since those people usually get the permits necessary to do it on campus

its probably doing more harm to their cause than good anyway.

It's less about the what and why and more about the how. If you want to hand out pamphlets and talk that's fine, but using shock is a cheap shot and damages your argument.

It's like jump scares in horror films. You can use them if you can scare us without them through suspense and atmosphere. But when they're your talking point you've got nothing

Turin

Banned
Soundgarden - Rowing

tumblr_m70aj1qdpg1rpn9eao1_500.jpg

Halcyon

I'm listening to the new Gwen Stefani album on spotify. I'm enjoying myself. I'm also not working. I bought toys at lunch.

IU5aubfm.jpg

Misha

Banned
It's less about the what and why and more about the how. If you want to hand out pamphlets and talk that's fine, but using shock is a cheap shot and damages your argument.

It's like jump scares in horror films. You can use them if you can scare us without them through suspense and atmosphere. But when they're your talking point you've got nothing

I don't really know how you can regulate "shock" though. I guess on a college campus you could have a committee that approves that but its still a fine line that you're giving them

either way I agree that its shitty and dumb and would be better for everyone if they didn't do it because its really just annoying (or at worst emotionally distressing for people who dealt with miscarriages and abortions)

zeemumu

I don't really know how you can regulate "shock" though. I guess on a college campus you could have a committee that approves that but its still a fine line that you're giving them

either way I agree that its shitty and dumb and would be better for everyone if they didn't do it because its really just annoying (or at worst emotionally distressing for people who dealt with miscarriages and abortions)

That's the issue that a lot of laws (and the bible) hit when it comes to interpretation. It's a pain in the ass.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Ugh, anti-abortion idiots are the worst. I tend to find the anti-abortion crowd tend to be the least educated on what abortion actually is.

I'm listening to the new Gwen Stefani album on spotify. I'm enjoying myself. I'm also not working. I bought toys at lunch.

IU5aubfm.jpg

I'm not throwing stones because I have dozens of figures myself, but do you actually like the way Funko Pop dolls look?

Oh and Gwen Stefani is an inspiration.

Halcyon

I'm not throwing stones because I have dozens of figures myself, but do you actually like the way Funko Pop dolls look?

Oh and Gwen Stefani is an inspiration.

Only certain ones, and they have to be fairly ornate. I wouldn't ever get like Dean from Supernatural cause it's just a guy in pants, but I'm gonna pick up the Daredevil one. It's just a nerdy phase though. It doesn't help that my mom buys them for me occasionally.

I find cool.

I find dumb.

They honestly remind me of LittleBigPlanet skins which I thought were cute.

^ Agent Coulson?
edit: lol I just looked it up. Nooooope

Only certain ones, and they have to be fairly ornate. I wouldn't ever get like Dean from Supernatural cause it's just a guy in pants, but I'm gonna pick up the Daredevil one. It's just a nerdy phase though. It doesn't help that my mom buys them for me occasionally.

They honestly remind me of LittleBigPlanet skins which I thought were cute.

Huh, I love LBP and its character skins so I wonder what's slightly different about FP that puts me off. Maybe it's the lack of a mouth and the blank stare eyes?

I think part of it is definitely the over-simplification. It feels cheap.

Halcyon

^ Agent Coulson?

Huh, I love LBP and its character skins so I wonder what's slightly different about FP that puts me off. Maybe it's the lack of a mouth and the blank stare eyes?

I originally thought they were stupid and still sorta do but I literally just use them to spruce up my work area a bit. I don't really have a nerdy den at home so this is my outlet.

OH4ot8Kl.jpg

I've got this one and several others.
I want that :p

zeemumu

I've got this one and several others.

^ Agent Coulson?

I think part of it is definitely the over-simplification. It feels cheap.
My transition went from Legos to Knex back to Legos to Little Big Planet to Unity Engine.

Granadier

Ugh, anti-abortion idiots are the worst. I tend to find the anti-abortion crowd tend to be the least educated on what abortion actually is.

Around here they are the ones having the most unprotected sex as well.

smh

--- happier topic

Halcyon, your desk looks really cheerful. I should get some of those POP figures for mine.

marrec

Banned
speaking of yarn and collectible figures, I really want a yarn yoshi amiibo

original.jpg

They're pretty easily attainable in most stores these days. They're so adorable and the best made Amiibos by far. I uh... rather shamefully have all three colors.

Misha

Banned
What color?
I'd prefer purple but since they don't have that i'd prefer pink or blue but I wouldn't be opposed to doing what marrec did :p
They're pretty easily attainable in most stores these days. They're so adorable and the best made Amiibos by far. I uh... rather shamefully have all three colors.

I haven't been in a (non-grocery) store since they released. will have to check

weirdly I speak spanish words with more of an accent than most mexican people around here. I just can't say something like "taquitos" with a bland american accent

Halcyon

I would have been obsessed with all the amiibos and skylanders little figure type things growing up.

Maybe by the time my daughter gets older they will still be around and I can live vicariously through her.

zeemumu

I'd prefer purple but since they don't have that i'd prefer pink or blue but I wouldn't be opposed to doing what marrec did :p

Do you want me to mail one to you?

I would have been obsessed with all the amiibos and skylanders little figure type things growing up.

Maybe by the time my daughter gets older they will still be around and I can live vicariously through her.
I've got a Kingdom Hearts King Mickey costume disc for Disney Infinity That I'll never sell or open.

marrec

Banned

Most skylanders are pretty poor quality, but Disney Infinity figures might as well be Kidrobot quality. They look very nice, even if the game itself is worse :lol

Like I said, best Amiibos are the Yoshi ones, but I also have the Splatoon ones because Squid-Girl/Squid-Boy are the two best characters from 2015. If only they'd release a Callie/Marie set :(

weirdly I speak spanish words with more of an accent than most mexican people around here. I just can't say something like "taquitos" with a bland american accent

I once said "guacamole" in my fullest new mexican spanish accent and the poor dude at Subway had no idea what I was even saying.

Halcyon

I love boobies.

Although every time I see figures like that I get flashbacks to some series of videos involving guys ejaculating on said figures and I can't help but shudder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom