• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sorry to weeb up this thread again, but a perusal of Youtube led me to this, which got me interested in the game itself, as I'd never heard of it. Turns out it was a (surprise) Japan only RPG from the 90's. I looked it up and the art style looks like old school RPG goodness reminiscent of Lunar or Grandia.

2602014-2.png

gfs_14721_1_9.jpg
emerald-dragon-english.10.png

Coupled with the music, which also seems to represent 90's RPGs at their purest, I've decided to check it out. I'm pretty excited to try it, as this is the kind of stuff I grew up with, and it's always good to find lost gems that I missed. Will probably post a LttP in gaming side within the next few days.

Ok, now you cool kids can go back to talking about music and motorcycles.

Sorry to weeb up this thread again, but a perusal of Youtube led me to this, which got me interested in the game itself, as I'd never heard of it. Turns out it was a (surprise) Japan only RPG from the 90's. I looked it up and the art style looks like old school RPG goodness reminiscent of Lunar or Grandia.

2602014-2.png

gfs_14721_1_9.jpg
emerald-dragon-english.10.png

Coupled with the music, which also seems to represent 90's RPGs at their purest, I've decided to check it out. I'm pretty excited to try it, as this is the kind of stuff I grew up with, and it's always good to find lost gems that I missed. Will probably post a LttP in gaming side within the next few days.

Ok, now you cool kids can go back to talking about music and motorcycles.

Fuck that, now you got my attention :p

This looks real cool and I've seen this on this list

That's a great link to find cool little gems that never made it over here for SFC as well as (sometimes) links to their respective translation patch pages.

I'm gonna go check this out!

Okay.

So I did the dishes this morning.

Apparently, that was not good enough.

I got home at 2pm and the dishwasher was done. Macho Man goes "Do the dishes, do your time".

jb1234

Fuck that, now you got my attention :p

This looks real cool and I've seen this on this list

That's a great link to find cool little gems that never made it over here for SFC as well as (sometimes) links to their respective translation patch pages.

I'm gonna go check this out!

It's disturbing how many of the games on this list I've played.

It's disturbing how many of the games on this list I've played.

I seem to have played a LOT of them but haven't actually finished a good portion.

Still have to start the ones you recommended (Treasure of the Rudras was one of them)

Reading this list reminds me to finish one of those Goemon games. I can't remember which one but goddamn was it HARD

jb1234

I seem to have played a LOT of them but haven't actually finished a good portion.

Still have to start the ones you recommended (Treasure of the Rudras was one of them)

Reading this list reminds me to finish one of those Goemon games. I can't remember which one but goddamn was it HARD

Rudra is so good. I really liked it.

I'm thinking of doing Live a Live, Treasure Hunter G and Bahamut Lagoon to finish off the Squaresoft games (aside from the Romancing SaGas, which I don't care for). I want to finish Chrono Trigger first, though.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Live a Live is AMAZING. Play it, five star game. The boss battle music is so good

This character alone makes it worth it.

live_anichar17.gif

Who is it? Play the game to find out :)

Gonna do the (more than likely) final Lost Kingdoms stream in 5 minutes.

Edit : jb do you mean Gun Hazard as in Front Mission : Gun Hazard? Because that game is fuckin rad

We're live!

jb1234

Gonna do the (more than likely) final Lost Kingdoms stream in 5 minutes.

Edit : jb do you mean Gun Hazard as in Front Mission : Gun Hazard? Because that game is fuckin rad

Yup! I've played a bit of it and liked it. Fantastic soundtrack too, vintage Mitsuda and Uematsu.

FloatOn

Woke up in the middle of the night and of course my first instinct is to catch up on this thread. What has my life become?

Anyway if Vazra moves to Florida, I'll show him a good heterosexual time like

xMlgO.gif

AcridMeat

Banned
My coworker and I took the crown tonight in the 2v2 tourney I mentioned! Free shirt and booze yeeee.

Can watch the archive at showdowngg's twitch. We didn't play on stream until later.

The match to watch is at 2:26:00 where it's my coworker and I (team LuPe) against Space Puppies. They were the second best team in the tourney but we met in the semis. Really close games.

Fuck it was fun, and met a ton of new people to play with. Fun as hell!

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
http://www.salon.com/2016/04/04/goo...tung_by_bees_on_purpose_like_its_no_big_deal/

Gwyneth Paltrow is one of the few celebrities who legitimately irk me.

Any celebrity that gives attention to quackery irks me. Mark Ruffallo went on an anti-gmo rant on twitter and I used to like him, but now, he can piss off.

I had an uber rich Lyft customer today and like, he owns a lot of property in Redondo/Manhattan Beach and it just makes me think of going all out Funny Games.

FUME5

My coworker and I took the crown tonight in the 2v2 tourney I mentioned! Free shirt and booze yeeee.

Can watch the archive at showdowngg's twitch. We didn't play on stream until later.

The match to watch is at 2:26:00 where it's my coworker and I (team LuPe) against Space Puppies. They were the second best team in the tourney but we met in the semis. Really close games.

Fuck it was fun, and met a ton of new people to play with. Fun as hell!

Congrats!

The sky was beautiful tonight. It's finally warming up so we went for a night swim.

I'm downloading Borderlands: The Handsome Collection now so I can play through it with my brother this weekend. We blocked out the whole weekend so we won't be interrupted. I don't think I can properly express how excited this makes me!

Any celebrity that gives attention to quackery irks me. Mark Ruffallo went on an anti-gmo rant on twitter and I used to like him, but now, he can piss off.

I had an uber rich Lyft customer today and like, he owns a lot of property in Redondo/Manhattan Beach and it just makes me think of going all out Funny Games.

Please don't make threats. That's weird. I adore Funny Games but the only thing that makes it good is that it's fiction, so it should stay fiction.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
giphy.gif

I am seething with anger towards this asshole still

Sidenote, one of our bees just flew into the unit and freaked me the fuck out.

That one time where he needed just one hit to be killed but the blue ball attack got you. Bless he glitched the last time because with that deck it was pretty hard to win it. All that filler
invoker-laugh.gif

That one time where he needed just one hit to be killed but the blue ball attack got you. Bless he glitched the last time because with that deck it was pretty hard to win it. All that filler
invoker-laugh.gif

That was straight up bullllllllshit.

Can only be hit when he wants you to but he suuuure can trap you at a moments notice.

I feel like the deck wasn't too bad cause it had a lot of positional summons to help stunlock but those drops really messed me up.

Funny games wasn't a good movie.

That opinion is shared by just under half of the critics who reviewed it, so you're being neither controversial nor uniformly correct here.

The whole movie is pointless, but that's the point, and whether you think that's an interesting point is the primary determiner of if you think it's a good movie.

Fuck landlords! Property should not be an investment that someone can use to become even richer just because other people kind of really need somewhere to live but can't afford to buy their own place.

If you don't want to live by society's rules you're free to live outside of society! Plenty of woods out there :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom