• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insane enough that even you are a little green around the gills?

I may have had a sudden insight into your dating woes.

A friend posted on Facebook about message requests, had a look at mine and see a message from one of my good friends from highschool, hope she's not too pissed with the 9 month response time...

how do people still not know about this! don't you even get a notification now? like if you wanna accept or not? you can not miss it anymore

FUME5

Iced tea is not what an Australian thinks of when they hear the words "cold brew".

Debating if I should go to the bar tomorrow for my birthday or stay at home and play video games/watch Netflix.

Maybe I could get free drinks if that bar has that type of promotion but I don't like alcoholic drinks.

I'm wondering if bars have non-alcoholic drinks.

Of course they do, you can have a non-alcoholic cocktail like a big boy!

how do people still not know about this! don't you even get a notification now? like if you wanna accept or not? you can not miss it anymore

Maybe I did? Possible I saw a pretty blonde with a name I didn't recognise (she got married by the looks of things) saying "Dan the Man, long time bruh" and thought it was some bullshit profile?

My body is a temple.

And she wanted to see the idol.

FloatOn

Debating if I should go to the bar tomorrow for my birthday or stay at home and play video games/watch Netflix.

Maybe I could get free drinks if that bar has that type of promotion but I don't like alcoholic drinks.

I'm wondering if bars have non-alcoholic drinks.

As someone who is not able to drink alcohol anymore I go to bars with my people and get cranberry juice or Sprite all the time. Nobody but the bar tender knows that you are not drinking a cocktail.

Iced tea is not what an Australian thinks of when they hear the words "cold brew".

Further clarity: it's coffee

FUME5

Further clarity: it's coffee

Huh, looks like iced tea to me. This is what iced coffee looks like in Australia:

20130105_190652.jpg

Kevyt

As someone who is not able to drink alcohol anymore I go to bars with my people and get cranberry juice or Sprite all the time. Nobody but the bar tender knows that you are not drinking a cocktail.

That's a relief.

I can enjoy my non-alcholic drinks at the bar \o/

Jobbs

Banned
Don't worry your sweet little head. I think Rey is going to get rekt in episode 8.

Also if you look at it a bit more deeply Rey did struggle a bit in episode 7. Wanting to run away, lashing out in anger, bumping and banging the falcon when she first flew, missing blaster shots etc.

The "Mary Sue" argument is very weak imo

She's plenty flawed. She's unwilling to let go of the past and she's super judgmental.

Coming out of the theater I didn't dislike Rey. I just didn't feel particularly invested in her. By contrast, I thought Fen was more interesting, despite my questions about how he had sprouted, in a vaccuum, a conscience and a personality when no other Stormtroopers seem to.

Coming out of the theater I also had never heard the term "Mary Sue", though I certainly learned it very quickly. I'm not sure I understand the full implications of throwing around such a term, so I won't, but suffice it to say I think what makes a character interesting is their trajectory. Where do they start out, and where do they end up?

Rey's path seems to just sort of be ascending. She embraces a destiny after an initial bout of reluctance. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Again, I don't dislike Rey. I like Rey. She's just not as exciting as she could have been. A more interesting Rey would have been someone we see as a bit rougher at the outset, a bit more of a survivor, a ruffian.. Maybe she's involved in petty theft to get by -- You know, something like that. That way it's much more exciting and fulfilling when she does "ascend".

Don't dislike her; Only dislike the missed opportunity.

FUME5

The new Rush iced coffee revision they did recently is actually legit.

That mocha <3

If I'm going to have a coffee (which I really only have on a Friday before my workout and Saturday afternoon if I need to offset the depressants) I'll have a coffee, couldn't tell you the last time I bought one of those.

FloatOn

Don't dislike her; Only dislike the missed opportunity.

Word. I guess I'm going to reserve judgment on her arc until the trilogy is finished. I think things are going to be dark for Rey pretty soon and then you'll see the kind of development that was lacking in episode 7.

What I expect:

- Rey is gonna get rekt by Kylo during their rematch
- all of her repressed memories are going to come back and she's going to be a mess
- Luke is going to push her harder than Yoda ever did and it will nearly break her

So yeah episode 8 is supposed to parallel empire strikes back and so for the "dark" chapter I fully think we will see Rey go through some things only to emerge a Jedi knight like Luke did in Return.

If I'm going to have a coffee (which I really only have on a Friday before my workout and Saturday afternoon if I need to offset the depressants) I'll have a coffee, couldn't tell you the last time I bought one of those.

I'll never go out of my way to get an iced coffee but if I'm painting and those vans come around with no coffee machine? Man. The best

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My body is a theme park probably

anigif_original-grid-image-18873-1382087602-13.gif

Jobbs

Banned
gonna give bloodborne DLC another shot.

I think I'm having perhaps extra trouble because my character is stupid. I have like 30 points in bloodtinged, which is doing absolutely nothing for me right now. If those points were instead in health or something things would be easier.

Misha

Banned
Anyone with art knowledge wanna help me? So I'm using a brush that's good for blending. Its pressure sensitive and doesn't immediately cover what's behind it. But when I go to save it with opacity so I dont need the background, its see through. I understand why but I dont know how I'm supposed to handle it differently. If I use a brush solid brush then it doesn't blend well and if I start with a solid base then I can't get the textures on the outside.

Macho Man just blamed us because he eats all the food we buy that's not on his diet.

"It's not my fault that you have no self control!"
"Well, you put your shit on my side of the Fridge!" (You mean the Freezer?)
"You don't have to eat it!"
"It's partially your fault that I'm off my plan!"

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Ugh, there was a super old Kingdom Hearts parody video that I can't find anymore. Some scene between Sora and Riku he says, "Nice ass by the way."

Damnit, it's like an ear worm.

FUME5

No, you don't need to pay extra to have Nathan Drake on your console.

Uncharted has always been style over substance anyway. Limp gunplay and hanholding platforming.

Chuckie

We've lost past Fakers here due to open spoilers.
Just gonna leave that here.

Yeah I have been spoiled here too with TWD....and not an episode from 3 months ago either. It was the day after. Not enough for me to leave FakeGAF of course, but if it would happen more often I'd might decide differently

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yeah I have been spoiled here too with TWD....and not an episode from 3 months ago either. It was the day after. Not enough for me to leave FakeGAF of course, but if it would happen more often I'd might decide differently

The movie you gonna watch next has ending credits. #SpoilerCulture
clock-eyebrow.gif

It wasn't even an actual Game of Thrones spoiler.

It was speculation and nothing more. But as usual, someone on the internet freaked the fuck out because OH MY GOD WHAT IF IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS THEN I'VE JUST BEEN SPOILED. #StopSpoilerphobia

Oh and to take it back to this, the most hilarious thing about Smiley's meltdown of yesteryear was that I even hid the speculation behind spoiler tags. So lmao.

People putting spoilers above everything makes actual discourse virtually impossible about any kind of media online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom