• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
saeseetiinandagenkolar-gh.jpg

Holy shit.. Mind blown. The two shittiest jedi ever conceived got made into a little kid toy and packaged together

What do you guys think of Darth Snookums, the new emperor knockoff in tfa?

I'm not sure. I thought he was a big goofy cartoon head when I saw him in theaters, but he bothered me less on second viewing. Need more info. Wonder if he's Darth Plagueis

Jobbs

Banned
That Star Wars trailer makes me feel things. The new female lead is a qt also.

Not better than daisy tho

I like Rey, but her character is inherently a bit dull because she's not flawed enough -- or at all, really. Interesting characters are underdogs, or ones who aren't quite so squeaky clean.

zeemumu

I get to write a paper on the history of governments spying on people. I can go as far back as I want. I'm going to attempt to incorporate Judas' betrayal into this paper just to see if I can make it work

Misha

Banned
I like Rey, but her character is inherently a bit dull because she's not flawed enough -- or at all, really. Interesting characters are underdogs, or ones who aren't quite so squeaky clean.

oh by the way, felicity jones is in amazing spiderman 2

Misha

Banned
He might. Spider-Man is still pizza
I feel like i'm forgetting the context for this
To be honest, who wouldn't be disappointed when watching The Amazing Spiderman 2?
VVVV
I think the Amazing Spider-Man films (both of them) are better than the Raimi Spider-Man films
I also share that opinion I think.
I prefer Mark Webb Spiderman over Sam Raimi by a lot.

Halcyon

I just spent 25 minutes explaining how google documents works so that two of the dumb people here can work on the same document at the same time. It blew their fat little minds.

Symphonia

Banned
I just spent 25 minutes explaining how google documents works so that two of the dumb people here can work on the same document at the same time. It blew their fat little minds.
I had to spend half hour explaining to a customer how a nano SIM will not fit in an S7 as it requires a micro SIM, and that we'd have to cut the nano down. She was not having it, though, as she preferred the size of the nano. I explained that regardless of whether she likes it at that size or not, we need to cut it down. She threatened to get her husband in. She did. He came in, went to yell at me, I explained the situation, he laughed, and gave me the go ahead.

In short, people are stupid.

FloatOn

Don't worry your sweet little head. I think Rey is going to get rekt in episode 8.

Also if you look at it a bit more deeply Rey did struggle a bit in episode 7. Wanting to run away, lashing out in anger, bumping and banging the falcon when she first flew, missing blaster shots etc.

The "Mary Sue" argument is very weak imo

Nerdkiller

Membeur
who knows but theres going to be a venom cinematic universe.
I am honest to god shocked that they're still trying to make Venom a thing. He's like Roman Reigns for Sony. Keep him strong, even though he drags the rest of the product down in trying to do so.

And to those who somehow like Andrew Garfield's rendition of Parker...why? I'm not sure if there's a more unlikeable superhero. And I hate that people seem to give both of those movies a pass, seemingly because of him and Emma Stone. And even then, they brought very little of substance to both features. There's no stories being told throughout both movies, there's no development throughout (on in Parker's case, negative development), and shares much of the same problems I've had with Batman v Superman in terms of characterisation and general storytelling.

Kevyt

I had to spend half hour explaining to a customer how a nano SIM will not fit in an S7 as it requires a micro SIM, and that we'd have to cut the nano down. She was not having it, though, as she preferred the size of the nano. I explained that regardless of whether she likes it at that size or not, we need to cut it down. She threatened to get her husband in. She did. He came in, went to yell at me, I explained the situation, he laughed, and gave me the go ahead.

In short, people are stupid.

Wow...

She's plenty flawed. She's unwilling to let go of the past and she's super judgmental.

Then on the flip side you have FN whose character just doesn't make any sense. He's trained his whole life to be a murder and he's grown up next to these other soldiers who he should think of as family. Then suddenly war is too much when he goes down to do what he's been indoctrinated to do? So then he wants to go AWOL and avoid the senseless killing, but in the process he's okay with murdering dozens of his compatriots or more? And why was he also a janitor in the past? And why would a janitor know so much about the new death star? And also what was up with him being stupid and trying to leave with those smugglers? That's just useless drama which doesn't add to the plot. You can find better in a CW show.

When are you going to be a Star Wars antagonist Tiddums?

Wait was someone else playing Admiral Hux?
sw-tfa-charrumorsoct-pic03.jpg

340px-Domhnall_Gleeson_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

Misha

Banned
I am honest to god shocked that they're still trying to make Venom a thing. He's like Roman Reigns for Sony. Keep him strong, even though he drags the rest of the product down in trying to do so.

And to those who somehow like Andrew Garfield's rendition of Parker...why? I'm not sure if there's a more unlikeable superhero. And I hate that people seem to give both of those movies a pass, seemingly because of him and Emma Stone. And even then, they brought very little of substance to both features. There's no stories being told throughout both movies, there's no development throughout (on in Parker's case, negative development), and shares much of the same problems I've had with Batman v Superman in terms of characterisation and general storytelling.

http://www.hypable.com/andrew-garfield-better-spider-man-tobey-maguire/

seriously though, I just didn't like most of the characters in the original trilogy and liked them in the amazing movies. which is weird cause I really dislike emma stone. It probably was set up more to be a tv show though but no chance they'd do that
She's plenty flawed. She's unwilling to let go of the past and she's super judgmental.

Then on the flip side you have FN whose character just doesn't make any sense. He's trained his whole life to be a murder and he's grown up next to these other soldiers who he should think of as family. Then suddenly war is too much when he goes down to do what he's been indoctrinated to do? So then he wants to go AWOL and avoid the senseless killing, but in the process he's okay with murdering dozens of his compatriots or more? And why was he also a janitor in the past? And why would a janitor know so much about the new death star? And also what was up with him being stupid and trying to leave with those smugglers? That's just useless drama which doesn't add to the plot. You can find better in a CW show.

parts of Finn really confused me. especially that he was randomly a janitor. like why would someone who was training their whole life to be a stormtrooper be a janitor? just strange

Halcyon

Then on the flip side you have FN whose character just doesn't make any sense. He's trained his whole life to be a murder and he's grown up next to these other soldiers who he should think of as family. Then suddenly war is too much when he goes down to do what he's been indoctrinated to do? So then he wants to go AWOL and avoid the senseless killing, but in the process he's okay with murdering dozens of his compatriots or more? And why was he also a janitor in the past? And why would a janitor know so much about the new death star? And also what was up with him being stupid and trying to leave with those smugglers? That's just useless drama which doesn't add to the plot. You can find better in a CW show.]

Yes! I was screaming these issues with Finn when the movie came out. The ONLY thing I can come up with is that he was all about falling in line, but maybe some latent jedi ability popped up and he became his own person.

Otherwise it's not like they plucked him from a bus the week before. He's been doing that all his life, and he should have more issues with turning on his people.

zeemumu

Not sure on the stuff with Finn. The clone troopers treated each other as brothers.

As for Parker, he didn't go full nerd, while Raimi Parker did. He felt more like ultimate parker than amazing parker, as did the rest of the movie elements so it fit.

Misha

Banned
Not sure on the stuff with Finn. The clone troopers treated each other as brothers.

As for Parker, he didn't go full nerd, while Raimi Parker did. He felt more like ultimate parker than amazing parker, as did the rest of the movie elements so it fit.

that explains a lot. nerds are the worst

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'd think we'd be better off if we recognize that the latest film was just shoddily written.

It was enjoyable, it looked great and it had awesome action, but Star Wars films work better when they are more focused
and far away from JJ's ugly mitts.

Edit: of course a Rogue One trailer would come out while I was out of the country. Is it gud, fellow SW dorks?

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Most of the reasons given in what you linked are pretty superficial. Why do they go about talking about the character's quips when Garfield's Parker is already sassy to begin with, rendering the whole "Spidey is Parker liberated" moot? Why the hell does the build of the character in costume matter? Why does the so called "believable nerd" need to view a YouTube video as to figure out how electronic magnetism works (I'll let that one slide, since it's before they viewed ASM2)? I won't put down Garfield doing a good job entertaining kids in costume in public events (he's a good man for that), but that's not tangibly movie related at all, and it just reeks of desperation from the article. As is that whole deal with Maguire's facial expressions. Deep down, Garfield's on screen portrayal of the Webslinger is just bad on a fundamental level, and if you only like him for what shallow qualities he brings, fine. Go ahead and root for the guy. Just don't think his portrayal will be that better received once the features will be more heavily analysed years from now?

And are we talking about heavy details about Episode VII now? Can we not wait until at least the 18th when I'll probably get my BD copy? I've held out for this long without seeing the movie.

Misha

Banned
Ultimate Parker always felt a bit closer to me. Full nerd Peter Parker doesn't come off as the snarky type that Spider-Man is. Ultimate felt like a smartass
When I see random panels of him saying something funny would that always be ultimate?
I'd think we'd be better off if we recognize that the latest film was just shoddily written.

It was enjoyable, it looked great and it had awesome action, but Star Wars films work better when they are more focused
and far away from JJ's ugly mitts.

Edit: of course a Rogue One trailer would come out while I was out of the country. Is it gud, fellow SW dorks?
The way I see it, it set us up with cool characters and the proper prop and special effects design and is primed to have some good movies in the future. At least I hope

I liked the trailer. It's mostly just introducing felicity Jones's character as a rabble rousing rebel and there's a couple of action scenes so not a ton going on but enough that it's looking nice

Most of the reasons given in what you linked are pretty superficial. Why do they go about talking about the character's quips when Garfield's Parker is already sassy to begin with, rendering the whole "Spidey is Parker liberated" moot? Why the hell does the build of the character in costume matter? Why does the so called "believable nerd" need to view a YouTube video as to figure out how electronic magnetism works (I'll let that one slide, since it's before they viewed ASM2)? I won't put down Garfield doing a good job entertaining kids in costume in public events (he's a good man for that), but that's not tangibly movie related at all, and it just reeks of desperation from the article. As is that whole deal with Maguire's facial expressions. Deep down, Garfield's on screen portrayal of the Webslinger is just bad on a fundamental level, and if you only like him for what shallow qualities he brings, fine. Go ahead and root for the guy. Just don't think his portrayal will be that better received once the features will be more heavily analysed years from now?

And are we talking about heavy details about Episode VII now? Can we not wait until at least the 18th when I'll probably get my BD copy? I've held out for this long without seeing the movie.
The link was a joke. I was looking up plot details for a refresher and found it funny that there was a random clickbait site that actually liked him more than mcguires. especially the because the actor interacts with kids more. that was a really dumb point.

It just comes down to that I found it more enjoyable and found the characters more likable. neither were much in terms of art but I found it more fun

zeemumu

When I see random panels of him saying something funny would that always be ultimate?

When I see raimi Peter Parker it's harder for me to believe that he could be a smartass like Spider-Man than it is for me to believe that Ultimate(Amazing) Peter Parker could be a smartass like Spider-Man.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
The link was a joke. I was looking up plot details for a refresher and found it funny that there was a random clickbait site that actually liked him more than mcguires. especially the because the actor interacts with kids more. that was a really dumb point.

It just comes down to that I found it more enjoyable and found the characters more likable. neither were much in terms of art but I found it more fun
I knew there was something fishy about what you linked (hell, even the comments, all two of them, seem to disagree with the article), but I just wanted to argue with it and how stupid it was.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
That's fucked, but I like that you told the students the real deal. Sorry man. :/
I got in trouble for this today too

It's "unprofessional"

lol

Misha

Banned
When I see raimi Peter Parker it's harder for me to believe that he could be a smartass like Spider-Man than it is for me to believe that Ultimate(Amazing) Peter Parker could be a smartass like Spider-Man.
I mean would stuff like this be more often than not ultimate or is that just a personality thing of his?
I knew there was something fishy about what you linked (hell, even the comments, all two of them, seem to disagree with the article), but I just wanted to argue with it and how stupid it was.

I really need to start being more explicit about what I'm linking/saying for a joke because thats like the fourth time in a few days :p

some website needs to give me a job because I can find better troll reasons than those. ones that are moderately believable too

I got in trouble for this today too

It's "unprofessional"

lol

I mean it is a bad look to be complaining about your boss/coworkers to essentially customers but you're a lame duck rn and are completely switching professions so who cares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom