• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
There's one song where the lead singer of Switchfoot voices Jesus. Trying to remember the song. I know it has the lyrics "God, oh God I needed you" something something.

Hmmm I'm not sure I remember that song they have a lot of albums by now that theres a ton of songs I haven't heard. My favorite of theirs is either Yesterdays or daisy

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Hey guys, I gave a brief on sexual assault today. It was pretty nerve racking
pcaVx2n.jpg

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
This shit pisses me off.

UKu44zt.jpg

Here's a prominent model who is using her notoriety and role model status to get more young women interested in programming.
Yet all the neckbeards on Reddit can think about is making fun of her for typing commands into the terminal multiple times. Compare that to what it looks like when I'm trying to do a git merge and you'd think Wozniack was behind that keyboard.

Misha

Banned
This shit pisses me off.

Here's a prominent model who is using her notoriety and role model status to get more young women interested in programming.
Yet all the neckbeards on Reddit can think about is making fun of her for typing commands into the terminal multiple times. Compare that to what it looks like when I'm trying to do a git merge and you'd think Wozniack was behind that keyboard.

Every time I use the command prompt I have to Google how to use it lol

zeemumu

Every time I use the command prompt I have to Google how to use it lol

I'm a computer science major and even I have to do that from time to time because one of my professors wants us to use that to test all of our programs instead of just sending her the code. I still test it on Eclipse before I modify it for the command prompt, though.
This shit pisses me off.

UKu44zt.jpg

It looks like she has an IDE open behind the command prompt window. Why didn't she just use that?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I overuse my social media and often use it for things that nobody else uses it for.

But I use it in ways that it should be used. IDGAF about your food or vacation. Give me some philosophies, insights, actual substance. I am a pioneer, the scion of intended use. It is they who err, not I.

Or post funny pictures.

Misha

Banned
I'm a computer science major and even I have to do that from time to time because one of my professors wants us to use that to test all of our programs instead of just sending her the code. I still test it on Eclipse before I modify it for the command prompt, though.

I'm a professional programmer T_T
It looks like she has an IDE open behind the command prompt window. Why didn't she just use that?

She probably has a marketing person talking to her and they seem to love command prompts for whatever reason

zeemumu

I'm a professional programmer T_T

She probably has a marketing person talking to her and they seem to love command prompts for whatever reason

I hope I'll be a professional programmer someday.

Maybe it's the same guys who thought this was a good idea

0SsCfO.gif

I hate thingIDEs. Command line and vim for life.

I can't deal with staring at the command prompt for more than 10 minutes at a time. But I used to do all of my coding in Notepad so Eclipse is an improvement.

Granadier

I have a terminal window open at all times when I'm programming.

Edit: also she is using a web based IDE and the terminal is part of that.

---

The point is that they are making fun of her because she is a woman and a supposed novince. That is the exact opposite mentality that this industry needs.

zeemumu

Sometimes you just wanna sit down and listen to the Digimon Movie soundtrack. I don't what's more time displaced, the soundtrack for that movie or Disney Extreme Skate Adventure's soundtrack.

I have a terminal window open at all times when I'm programming.

Edit: also she is using a web based IDE and the terminal is part of that.

---

The point is that they are making fun of her because she is a woman and a supposed novince. That is the exact opposite mentality that this industry needs.

Ah okay. Thought they were separate windows for some raisin.

I can't deal with staring at the command prompt for more than 10 minutes at a time. But I used to do all of my coding in Notepad so Eclipse is an improvement.

You can set fonts and things in most good terminals. I use white on translucent black 14pt Iconsolata-Dz.

re: Notepad: Ew. Someone got me to use nano or pico for something, but as soon as I was exposed to vim I never looked back.

That is the exact opposite mentality that this industry needs.

Granadier

Only reason people use vim is because they can't figure out how to quit it. /s

How do you find lesbians. I need to know

Also that sounds annoying

aren't there any like...queer/LGBT parties where you live? I was at one once and I couldn't even use the bathroom wihtout being hit on (not that I'm every lesbian/bi woman's dream but it happened to my friend too, it's just a great gathering place for flirting)

Misha

Banned
aren't there any like...queer/LGBT parties where you live? I was at one once and I couldn't even use the bathroom wihtout being hit on (not that I'm every lesbian/bi woman's dream but it happened to my friend too, it's just a great gathering place for flirting)

1 I don't like large noisy gatherings
2 I still feel uncomfortable at the idea of gong to a specifically lgbt event
3 I live in the country so it would be an hour away

But ill probably do that in the future

FloatOn

Mfw you responded to the least important part of my post

I thought the clothing shop part of my original post answered that. Gay people I find have way better fashion sense than straight people. So if you frequent shops that are the least bit avant garde you should be able to find some.

Why do you need to meet lesbians so bad?

Misha

Banned
I thought the clothing shop part of my original post answered that. Gay people I find have way better fashion sense than straight people. So if you frequent shops that are the least bit avant garde you should be able to find some.

Why do you need to meet lesbians so bad?

Cause I know zero that aren't related to me and that doesn't seem like it will ever change at this rate

if you really want to meet lesbians you'll have a good chance there, might be even worth the one hour drive ;) you just need to get out of your shell a bit.
and I don't think you have to feel uncomfortable about it in any way. I wasn't there to hook up for example. I just met with some friends who wanted to go but I still had fun. if you don't like it you can always take off. easy going.

while we're on the subject I feel like I'm having more gay sex dreams than straight sex dreams for whatever reason lately.
I think all my recent bad dating experiences are boiling up to become a subconscious aversion to men.

zeemumu

I took some pictures a couple weeks ago where I look super lesbian. My friends and I were laughing about it, them saying I looked cute butch. I'm glad if I ever end up dating a woman that it would be fully accepted by most of friends and peers. I wish everybody had that privilege.

Do you know what it's like to be built this way?
With only the power to push others away.

My favorite song from them is The Quick and the Blue.

My circuit's slow
My moment has come
Your speed means nothing if it's death that you're running from

My friends tried to convince me to go with them to a 90's gay bar once purely for free drinks.

Gotta go take this GWT in about two and a half hours. Looked outside and realized that it was raining harder and rushed to bring my dog inside then remembered that he's at the vet.

FloatOn

while we're on the subject I feel like I'm having more gay sex dreams than straight sex dreams for whatever reason lately.
I think all my recent bad dating experiences are boiling up to become a subconscious aversion to men.

Roll with it. Or don't. Do what makes you happy and all that.

After the recent disappointment of this girl I was into skipping town for NYC I'm basically asexual at this point. The idea of being romantically entangled isn't the least bit appealing.

zeemumu

After the recent disappointment of this girl I'm into skipping town for NYC I'm basically asexual at this point. The idea of being romantically entangled isn't the least bit appealing.

Or you can ignore that section of your life entirely for the time being and focus on more important things until the time is right. Time passes faster when you're not concerned with it, and if you spend the time improving yourself it helps boost your confidence so you'll be ready when the time actually comes to get into a relationship. You can't become asexual just because a stable relationship didn't work out. From what I can tell of other asexual people that I know, it's a bit more than that.

FloatOn

Or you can ignore that section of your life entirely for the time being and focus on more important things until the time is right. Time passes faster when you're not concerned with it, and if you spend the time improving yourself it helps boost your confidence so you'll be ready when the time actually comes to get into a relationship. You can't become asexual because a stable relationship didn't work out. From what I can tell of other asexual people that I know, it's a bit more than that.

Yeah, that's basically exactly what I'm doing. Bettering myself at the company I work for full time while also going to school full time. I'm also trying not to be such a recluse at my house. I've been more social lately and have been platonically hanging out with my female friends a bit more.

The asexual comment was kind of a joke to refer to my lack of desire atm

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Both sexes are seriously flawed and will give you incessant headaches and lots of trouble.

If you can't traverse the minefield of love, you can't have a relationship. However, if you can't traverse the minefield of love, you can't be happy.

It's easy to nurse your wounds, alone and bitter. But it's not the right thing to do.

FloatOn

Both sexes are seriously flawed and will give you incessant headaches and lots of trouble.

If you can't traverse the minefield of love, you can't have a relationship. However, if you can't traverse the minefield of love, you can't be happy.

It's easy to nurse your wounds, alone and bitter. But it's not the right thing to do.

I don't think romantic love is required for happiness.

SolVanderlyn

It's not. I would know, as I'm considering becoming a priest.

You do need love of some kind, though. For many, romantic love is that answer.

Some people are better off with a best friend or a community that they love. I'm saying it's not right to give up just because you or someone else failed, though.

zeemumu

It's not. You can be happy on your own or just with friends but we're kinda bred to believe that you can't. Relationships work better if you have a solid understanding and appreciation of yourself before you get into one.

You can't sit there in your heartache waiting on some beautiful girl to save you from your old ways.

Granadier

I've also found that people will judge you as weird if you aren't in a relationship. Especially as you get older.

After the recent disappointment of this girl I was into skipping town for NYC I'm basically asexual at this point. The idea of being romantically entangled isn't the least bit appealing.
oh I totally know what you mean. it's basically the same for me right now (obviously apart from dreams). I feel like I just had enough of the whole dating thing for the next 300 years. also all the drama, potential fights, yada yada... I think it's okay to take a break. hopefully we'll rest and enter the game even stronger when it's time to shine 8)

:D

Misha

Banned
if you really want to meet lesbians you'll have a good chance there, might be even worth the one hour drive ;) you just need to get out of your shell a bit.
and I don't think you have to feel uncomfortable about it in any way. I wasn't there to hook up for example. I just met with some friends who wanted to go but I still had fun. if you don't like it you can always take off. easy going.
Wouldn't happen till I move out anyway but:
How do you find said parties
Is it weird to go alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom