• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
Counter-Strike is fun.
So are the countless mods for the Unreal, Quake and Source engines.

True that most mods will be terrible,
but most games in general are terrible.

you know, i used to consider mods a plus to a game. now i'm not sure

Halcyon

52fbLxMQkWGT7FvhjbqA_Roof%20Jump.gif

MutFox

Banned
MOBAS aren't trash. The players and community are trash.

Some people only like a certain type of games.
Competitive games are stressful for some.

I know some people only like Candy Crush and call other games trash.
Had one friend that was really into Ingress, all other games were trash.

MutFox

Banned
Like for me, the genre's I'm not really into are like turn based RPG or Civ games.
Though for some, those are the best games ever. (I will play them every now and then though)

I like gameplay>story,
but some like story>gameplay.

Glad there's genres for everyone. :)

Timu

Wait when have I ever shown great fondness for either Flash or GTA? I mean I like GTA fine but it's no Saints Row, Sleeping Dogs or Watch_Dogs.
Watch_Dogs? Really? Saints Row to me is one of the few that can be more fun than GTA, though Sleeping Dogs is really good too.

zeemumu

Some people only like a certain type of games.
Competitive games are stressful for some.

I know some people only like Candy Crush and call other games trash.
Had one friend that was really into Ingress, all other games were trash.

It's mainly the people for me. I get blown up at least once every time I go online in a fighting game, but the people who blow me up are usually really chill about it. I have a higher rate of success in MOBA's but I get far more shit for it and that's what keeps me away from those games.

On an unrelated note, there's a Telltale Humble Bundle sale. You can get most of the good stuff for $7. That includes Tales from the Borderlands and Wolf Among Us. $12 for Game of Thrones and Walking Dead Season 2.

Watch_Dogs? Really? Saints Row to me is one of the few that can be more fun than GTA, though Sleeping Dogs is really good too.

Saint's Row is what would happen if you had a GTA game designed by GTA modders.

MutFox

Banned
It's mainly the people for me. I get blown up at least once every time I go online in a fighting game, but the people who blow me up are usually really chill about it. I have a higher rate of success in MOBA's but I get far more shit for it and that's what keeps me away from those games.

I find the worse the player, the louder they usually are.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Darksiders 2 is $3 holy shit

SystemBug

CS isn't trash!!!

I used to mod the smack out of it.

I generally don't call games which genres I don't like trash because of I don't like the genre I probably won't like the game.

But games like the Soul series, UC2, Infamous blerg.

Misha

Banned

On an unrelated note, there's a Telltale Humble Bundle sale. You can get most of the good stuff for $7. That includes Tales from the Borderlands and Wolf Among Us. $12 for Game of Thrones and Walking Dead Season 2.

I just find mobas boring. i'm not bad at them but they're incredibly uninteresting

also they remind me of warcraft 3 which i hated

also i just found it funny to agree with lilith since its basically a subversion of how a lot of the games and communities mentioned tend to be pretty rabid

zeemumu

I just find mobas boring. i'm not bad at them but they're incredibly uninteresting

also they remind me of warcraft 3 which i hated

also i just found it funny to agree with lilith since its basically a subversion of how a lot of the games and communities mentioned tend to be pretty rabid

By the way I'm going to have a project assigned to make a recursive binary search tree so I may or may not ask you for help before opting to shoot myself in the head out of frustration, but I wrote out some lines that I think would work.

I only called mods trash because I wanted to be thorough and my rebuttal of that video. And now I'm just sticking to my guns :)

People like what they like. Hell, I like watch dogs and the new Batman movie, so it's almost for certain that I like trash

Misha

Banned
By the way I'm going to have a project assigned to make a recursive binary search tree so I may or may not ask you for help before opting to shoot myself in the head out of frustration, but I wrote out some lines that I think would work.

I've done that before i think but its been like 3 years so no promises on me remembering how to do it

Timu

I only called mods trash because I wanted to be thorough and my rebuttal of that video. And now I'm just sticking to my guns :)

People like what they like. Hell, I like watch dogs and the new Batman movie, so it's almost for certain that I like trash
But Watch Dogs wasn't trash, it wasn't great either, just ok(IMO). BvS was fairly ok but disappointing.

zeemumu

I can understand that. Again:

Rascal_Coverart.png

zeemumu

the one thing thats inexcusable is the amount of borderlands hate on this web site.

Pre-Sequel still conflicting me on Handsome Jack. He's not a paragon of virtue in that game but at the same time he doesn't feel like a sleazy Hollywood agent either. I'm waiting for him to break.

I remember that mission where he pays you to kill yourself.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Borderlands 2 is the best game of last generation. I stand by this.
I put SO many hours into it. Such a great game.

I have TPS but have barely played it... maybe we could get a FakeGAF run going?

marrec

Banned
It's OK, have both 1 and 2...
Got a bit repetitive after a while.

The only good part of Borderlands is multiplayer. Singleplayer wasn't enough to keep me coming back.

That said, rolling around with 4 people taking out hard bosses was pretty dope.

zeemumu

I'm going to force myself into an impromptu game jam.

Oh god, that game has like the worst camera ever.

Bad camera, loose controls, inconsistent artstyle, A shitty weapon, enemies who look far more frightening than they are. And a main villain that's WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!

MutFox

Banned
The only good part of Borderlands is multiplayer. Singleplayer wasn't enough to keep me coming back.

That said, rolling around with 4 people taking out hard bosses was pretty dope.

Yeah, finished both of em coop with 2 others.
Even did the DLC.

Misha

Banned
realtalk: the writing didn't have any drastic improvement from borderlands 2 to tales from the borderlands, the format just allows the player to focus on the story and dialogue

Ludum Dare 35 is this weekend tho

Jobbs

Banned

I've tried to understand what game jams are all about and even participated in one once, but I've decided that I just don't get it.

You work yourself raw for something that is going to, necessarily, be shit.

What's the point? If I work myself raw I want something awesome.

zeemumu

Do you guys remember Blasto? And 40 Winks? And Jersey Devil? And Medievil?

I've tried to understand what game jams are all about and even participated in one once, but I've decided that I just don't get it.

Because you can

Misha I don't know what Ludum Dare is. I googled it and I'm still not entirely sure.

Misha

Banned

its just an excuse to set everything else aside and focus on it. also its partially a competition at the same time.

but if you don't want it to be shit, then change the scope. you can't have huge narrative games, they're basically mockups of simple mechanics

Because you can

Misha I don't know what Ludum Dare is. I googled it and I'm still not entirely sure.

online game jam. one of the bigger ones that i'm aware of

their website said:
Ludum Dare is an online community best known for “Ludum Dare”, the Accelerated Game Development Event of the same name (also called a “Game Jam”). During a Ludum Dare, developers from around the world spend a weekend creating games based on a theme suggested by the community. Ludum Dare events take place every April, August and December.

Founded in April 2002 by Geoff Howland, the Ludum Dare community has been running its brand of Game Jam for more than 12 years. It’s both the longest running, and the largest Online Game Jam in the world.
http://ludumdare.com/compo/about-ludum-dare/

marrec

Banned
Who doesn't remember Medieval, game was dope and the PSP remake was dope too.

Don't know why Sony didn't push the series harder.

Misha

Banned
too short notice for this ludum dare probably but I'd do a (online)game jam with people here if people wanted. I have no idea how to work with a team and have only completed games in canvas(html+javascipt) but it would be fun i think

Darksiders 2 has better combat but much poorer world design and a bad implementation of the Borderlands/Diablo loot system and it's far too long for its own good. Instead of this cool idea where you're in New York taken over by hell, you're just in a generic fantasy land. And it just doesn't end. It's basically the Arkham City to Arkham Asylum.

FloatOn

Darksiders 2 has better combat but much poorer world design and a bad implementation of the Borderlands/Diablo loot system and it's far too long for its own good. Instead of this cool idea where you're in New York taken over by hell, you're just in a generic fantasy land. And it just doesn't end. It's basically the Arkham City to Arkham Asylum.

You're cool for liking AA over AC

The arkham games steadily got worse over time

Jobbs

Banned
I tried playing Arkham Knight and I lost patience for the tank driving and tank combat stuff in my fucking batman game that it won't let you avoid participating in

I snapped and turned it off and never went back about 2 hours in

Halcyon

I loved Arkham City but I really only ever needed to play 1 of that game. I liked Arkham Origins and thought it was fine, but in the same way that I was tired of Assassin's Creed after Brotherhood, I wasn't crazy excited about Arkham Knight.

That being said I regret not buying the Arkham Knight PS4 limited edition that I was planning on getting, but instead I bought an engagement ring. I could have got both.

I think I'd be all about Arkham Knight having not played a videogame proper in like a year and a half.

Jobbs

Banned
Batman is a detective and a ninja, not a tank commander god fucking damnit.

And how fuuucking convenient that all the badguy tanks are unmanned drones. All the badguys have to do is put pilots in those things and Batman is fucked

Speaking of: How come comics only seem to explore two extremes in heroes... Heroes with a "no kill code" (batman, daredevil, etc) and "antiheroes" who slaughter all the badguys (the punisher, red hood, whatever).. What about a happy medium? Someone who seeks justice and will attempt to not kill people unnecessarily, but will kill if he has to. Where's that hero? Are there any of those? That actually seems far more interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom