• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
tumblr_o5ez50AhL11qahxmso1_1280.jpg

This describes the relationship between my coworker/friend and I to a T.
I'm 26 they're 21

Turin

Banned
Vazra what did you do......

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lot and his daughters. The Old Testament is profoundly fucked up. GRRM couldn't even.

Isn't that the same story where he offers his daughters to the angry villagers outside to spare a couple of strangers angels? Then the daughters rape him in his sleep later on?

I may have some info mixed up.....

The slow grin at the end got me.

This describes the relationship between my coworker/friend and I to a T.
I'm 26 they're 21

This is why I don't have close younger friends.

Vazra what did you do......

Isn't that the same story where he offers his daughters to the angry villagers outside to spare a couple of strangers angels? Then the daughters rape him in his sleep later on?

One in the same. Also when his wife looks back at the destroyed city, God turns her into a pillar of salt for disobeying.

His daughters then get him drunk and rape him and get pregnant. Yes, it's that fucked up.

edit: oh
The orange jam sounds lame, and the game sounds more disappointing than I hoped. I'll be honest, I've always really liked the series but never had a PS2 and bought a PS3 very late in the cycle (primarily as a blu ray player) so I never played through one of them myself.

I did play one of them on PS2 at a friend's place for a couple hours.
1 is a totally solid game. Never got 2.

I'm a lot warmer on the game today after another four hours. I think maybe the game just takes a little while to come into its own. Once you get substantial upgrades to your weapons and the game stops shoving new, different, not-as-effective weapons down your throat, and once you level up to a respectable amount of HP, then it's a whole lot of fun like I remember. There's also all sorts of secrets and hidden stuff to explore for which is as fun as ever.

(I'm also in a better mood right now so that helps of course)

All the 8's, 9's and 10's it's getting make sense to me, and I'm glad it's reviewing that well. I still don't think it's perfect but I'm excited to finish it throughout the rest of the week.

Not available in my country, but from the description it sounds like something Lilith could weigh in on.

hahaha

(usually I'm the one introducing the pegging. I've never been with a guy who asked for it at the outset)

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
My friend just got violently attacked. Retail customers are so funny :)

Can we go back to a GoT subheading for the next FakeGAF thread? I'm thinking something along the lines of "Fist of the Thirst Men" or something like that. Also I need to resub to HBO.

My friend just got violently attacked. Retail customers are so funny :)

Who does the set of "Retail customers" exclude? Isn't that virtually everybody over the age of eight?

Sorry about your friend :(

AcridMeat

Banned
I love cheesy ass synth bass
I'm a lot warmer on the game today after another four hours. I think maybe the game just takes a little while to come into its own. Once you get substantial upgrades to your weapons and the game stops shoving new, different, not-as-effective weapons down your throat, and once you level up to a respectable amount of HP, then it's a whole lot of fun like I remember. There's also all sorts of secrets and hidden stuff to explore for which is as fun as ever.
The bold is very nice.

Also I don't really get the criticism of them offering up new weapons to try out. I thought that was one of the main things about the series from the get go, having a vast variety of weapons that are silly and fun to use? Not about what's the most effective. I get wanting to get through it efficiently, but just never attached that to R&C.

Which reminds me those PS2 era TV advertisements were pretty good.

And Enter The Gungeon is great, early contender for my game of the year.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
GoT Telltale actually has a great story whenever this guy is around

All of his adventures in deserty nowheresville are like the sandy parallel to Jon Snow's awesome stories at and beyond the wall

I love cheesy ass synth bass
The bold is very nice.

Also I don't really get the criticism of them offering up new weapons to try out. I thought that was one of the main things about the series from the get go, having a vast variety of weapons that are silly and fun to use. Not about what's the most effective.

Which reminds me those PS2 era TV advertisements were pretty good.

And Enter The Gungeon is great, early contender for my game of the year.

I want to get into Gungeon for real instead of just watching people play it, but I'm kind of waiting to finish Borderlands first and play with my brother. I've heard the local coop is pretty good.

The R&C weapons thing bothers me because I just don't like most of the weapons. If I could use the pistol, shotgun, rocket launcher and Zurkon for the whole game then I would. I don't like any of the bomb gloves, especially since most of them don't work against airborne enemies, and I don't like having to dig through my inventory for one of the scrappy weapons that still have ammo left because all the decent weapons have run out.

But at this point I've leveled up my fav four weapons enough that I'm not running out of ammo with them, so everything's cool. I was using the Pyrociter as shotgun/crowd control early on and leveled it pretty high, but now the Pixelizer works a whole lot better for that so I've abandoned the former.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I approve of this title.

Agreed.

Asher >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rodrik.
I actually like Rodrik better, but the stories he gets placed in are shit. He's really cool in the opening.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I'll ask but I doubt it. His message to me:

I just punched an old man in my store. He actually crapped his pants and security removed him. Fun day. He walked in and punched me in the jaw for no reason. Said I'd been playing him after trying to help him for days. It was reflex.

Nah. Punching him and making him shit his pants in front of a room full of people was justice enough.

He's not wrong.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Good morning fakers

Need to get my hair cut today, I look like deranged pensioner with current mess of gray and black hairs on top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom