• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Banned
I'll ask but I doubt it. His message to me:

He's not wrong.

tumblr_mp6mtbGG7Y1s3ttm7o1_500.gif

AcridMeat

Banned
He should play don't shit your pants.

I tried to play some Gungeon but I'm too tired for those reaction times right now.
...and I don't like having to dig through my inventory for one of the scrappy weapons that still have ammo left because all the decent weapons have run out.
Okay I will say constant inventory management is the bane of my existence, I understand being annoyed with that.

I finally hit level 30 in The Division so I can play the end game with a buddy who is way way way more into it than I am, and similarly I'm getting sick of some of the ways the menus in that work. I hate that more games haven't stolen Borderlands' loot comparison/quick equip for things on the ground still.

In The Division, all you get is a ^ or v with a green or red bar strictly reflecting the damage number. So if you have a sniper, it's going to be red unless it's somehow much higher level.

I really want Borderlands 3/Borderworlds. I really really hope it improves on 2.

FUME5

why am I leveling faith! I already know it sucks!

Your initial impressions on the uselessness of miracles this time around swayed my hand towards pyromancy.

I'll ask but I doubt it. His message to me:
He's not wrong.

Excellent.

Division Gripes.

Hit 30 a while ago and there is a serious dearth of end game content. Hard missions are too easy with low rewards, Challenge missions are just a pain in the arse. The Dark Zone gets repetitive in a hurry. I'll see what this new update brings when I get frustrated with DS3 but I think I'm pretty much done with it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Excerpt from me talking to girl last night, talking about coming off the fallout of my relationship with my ex and how I hadn't moved on and she (not ex, this girl) had:

nUQsoyd.png

I think my game was alright, if not too boisterous. But I really don't like how she said "the energies" or "cuz."

I feel like Jerry fucking Seinfeld right now. This is really bothering me.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I dunno. Anyone that talks about energy that way is kinda weird. You should respect thermodynamics.

haha, your edit. great minds and the like.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
She's also big into horoscopes.

Jobbs

Banned
by stark contrast, here's an actual excerpt from me talking to my niece the other day on hangouts:

Niece: there's a boy named mason and he asked me out isn't that crazy? i said no i don't do that

Niece: :|

Me: do you like him?

Niece: nope

Me: I feel like there's lying going on

Niece: >:| >:| >:|

Niece: scrub

Me: me or him?

Niece: yes

A Fish Aficionado

Juan Carlos would be such a good name, though it was the former King of Spain, so I dunno. I'm not a royalist kinda guy.
My Spanish passport expired this month. I should get that taken care of, but maybe after summer. I wanna shed some stress related weight.

SolVanderlyn

by stark contrast, here's an actual excerpt from me talking to my niece the other day on hangouts:
You could start a twitter or write a comic based on these conversations.

gemini-horoscope-sign-05-1.png

Gemini sign is intellectual sign. People of Gemini sign are graceful and clever. For Gemini sign money and love are always not enough. Gemini sign love is illusory. Gemini sign may suffer from nervous breakdowns. Gemini woman is not interested in terrestrial passions. Gemini man is in permanent change.

SolVanderlyn

Jobbs

Banned
gemini-horoscope-sign-05-1.png

Gemini sign is intellectual sign. People of Gemini sign are graceful and clever. For Gemini sign money and love are always not enough. Gemini sign love is illusory. Gemini sign may suffer from nervous breakdowns. Gemini woman is not interested in terrestrial passions. Gemini man is in permanent change.

I find this rundown ironic because there's nothing intellectual about believing in the significance of astrological signs

You could start a twitter or write a comic based on these conversations.

the amount of time and effort required to build a successful gimmick twitter is just not worth it. I'd do it a few times then lose interest

A Fish Aficionado

Unless you're a massive body, or a small body traveling at speed, the planets have no bearing on you whatsoever.
But think of the lonely spaceship. they must get so lonely.
roverxkcd.png

SolVanderlyn

Unless you're a massive body, or a small body traveling at speed, the planets have no bearing on you whatsoever.
Or until a raving half alien psychopath summons another celestial body that becomes an immediate problem.

cgJhUi1.jpg

latest

But think of the lonely spaceship. they must get so lonely.
look if you're going to have a laugh about the impossible plight of a spaceship expressing feelings such as loneliness then I want to have a laugh about zodiac signs mmkay thanks

also you're totally a pisces ;)

I find this rundown ironic because there's nothing intellectual about believing in the significance of astrological signs

well guess what smartypants a broken clock is right twice a day and there are twelve zodiac signs!

SolVanderlyn

Didn't they even change the dates of the signs recently?

Edit: brb looking up what my sign even means

SolVanderlyn

Scorpio in a Nutshell:

Scorpio is the astrology sign of extremes and intensity. Scorpios are very deep, intense people, there is always more then meets the eye. They present a cool, detached and unemotional air to the world yet lying underneath is tremendous power, extreme strength, intense passion and a strong will and a persistent drive. Scorpios have a very penetrative mind, do not be surprised if they ask questions, they are trying to delve deeper and figure things out and survey the situation. They always want to know why, where and any other possible detail they can possibly know. Scorpio's are very weary of the games that other people try to play and they are very aware of it. Scorpios tend to dominate and control anyone that lets them, or anyone that they find weak. The person that a Scorpio respects and holds close to them is treated with amazing kindness, loyalty and generosity. On the outside, a Scorpio has great secretiveness and mystery. This magnetically draws people to them. They are known to be controlling and too ambitious but only because they need control for this makes them feel safe.
Damn, this is cool. And some of it is accurate.

Even the cosmos thinks I'm cool and mysterious.

200_s.gif

this is the creepiest stock photo ever.
omg
dying
mainpic.jpg
It's the zodiac killer

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a Taurus which means I have testosterone and hate the colour red and Spanish people.

SolVanderlyn

I'm a Taurus which means I have testosterone and hate the colour red and Spanish people.
I think a good number of us in here are Spanish

Myself included

asshole

Edit: Wait, do Spanish Taurus hate themselves then?

SolVanderlyn

Someone should write entirely negative, demeaning horoscopes.

Is there a name for the effect of believing Wikipedia articles without question?

Also even if it's true that people are willing to believe information specifically tailored to them and disregard contrary evidence that doesn't mean the information is untrue. You need to be more open minded.

Bulls are a cultural heritage, you racist.

Chicago is not a race.

Being serious for a moment, bulls are aggravated by motion, not the color red. Red is just easier to see and red dyes are easy to come by, so it got used in a lot of premodern fabric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom