• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
punish is one of those connotations though it does suggest a different relationship between the two people involved

smack is alright

Yea punish is definitely for a different relationship.

especially when in the middle of conversations you're asked to go get the spoon and pull down your own pants in front of your extended family :(

That's objectively awful.

Halcyon

I wanted to buy a computer, now because from what I can tell is a marriage penalty tax, I'm going to be paying the government $1500 and my wife hasn't been working so I'm gonna have to use our savings.

blargherflarger.

zeemumu

I wanted to buy a computer, now because from what I can tell is a marriage penalty tax, I'm going to be paying the government $1500 and my wife hasn't been working so I'm gonna have to use our savings.

blargherflarger.

That's what you get for trying to spend your life with someone instead of being bitter and alone.

I did my taxes months ago. I can't stand having that weigh on me for so long, plus I got a neat return in the process.

especially when in the middle of conversations you're asked to go get the spoon and pull down your own pants in front of your extended family :(

oh yikes it was never that bad for me, and it stopped around five or six anyway so I can't really remember any of it.

zeemumu

My parents usually would go outside and gdt a branch from one of the trees. It was like getting hit with an improvised riding crop.

Misha

Banned
Yea punish is definitely for a different relationship.
obviously i've never had sex but I'd like to think that I don't lead but don't let the other person be dominant either.

but something like that sounds too extreme
That's objectively awful.

thats why i can't see that side of butt hitting being sexual

oh yikes it was never that bad for me, and it stopped around five or six anyway so I can't really remember any of it.

I think it stopped when I was like 10. there were a few incidents like that and a bunch of not as bad ones but the rest was just threats. recently, my dad actually talked about how my grandfather spanked him when he was little and its really obvious that what he took from it was that the point was to instill fear
My parents usually would go outside and gdt a branch from one of the trees. It was like getting hit with an improvised riding crop.

that sounds awful. my parents only threatened that but the worst they got was a plastic cooking spoon (they threatened wooden spoon also but i don't think they ever did it)

zeemumu

that sounds awful. my parents only threatened that but the worst they got was a plastic cooking spoon (they threatened wooden spoon also but i don't think they ever did it)

They're pretty fond of the whole "beat you until you figure it out" method of parenting. When you did good, you got the type of praise that someone would give a baby which just made me feel uncomfortable, and life continued as normal. And then for some reason they don't understand why I rarely speak to them. When your only settings are neutral and soap opera angry, it doesn't make for good conversation.

Jobbs

Banned
I would increase taxes on the poor. Work harder, you lazy plebs.

eat shit

DimpledScaryGalapagossealion.gif

what's the ultimate fuck everything-music?

Nine Inch Nails? I don't listen to a lot of fuck everything music honestly

Misha

Banned
They're pretty fond of the whole "beat you until you figure it out" method of parenting. When you did good, you got the type of praise that someone would give a baby which just made me feel uncomfortable, and life continued as normal. And then for some reason they don't understand why I rarely speak to them. When your only settings are neutral and soap opera angry, it doesn't make for good conversation.
my dad was heavy on the negative reinforcement style parenting (though not as physical as yours sound).
typical cycle of him being upset with me:
"why did you do [x thing he didn't like]?"
"well i did it because of [y]"
"thats not a good reason, stop making excuses"

which turned into
"i don't know" or "i forget"
"how could you not know?"

which turned into
"..."
then he lectures me and i ignore him and eventually we make friends again and life goes on till the next time something happens

instead of praise i usually got "that was good but if you prepared more you could have done better"
worst

Ya for real I tried to think of Fuck Everything music and just couldn't.

Best I can come up with is a Father John Misty track.

black hole sun by soundgarden?

i don't know if it was their intention but wishing for a black hole to consume everything sounds like the ultimate fuck everything

zeemumu

my dad was heavy on the negative reinforcement style parenting (though not as physical as yours sound).
typical cycle of him being upset with me:
"well i did it because of [y]"
"thats not a good reason, stop making excuses"

which turned into
"i don't know" or "i forget"
"how could you not know?"

which turned into
"..."
then he lectures me and i ignore him and eventually we make friends again and life goes on till the next time something happens

instead of praise i usually got "that was good but if you prepared more you could have done better"
worst

Not quite like that. It was more like "Why did you do this? Are you retarded? Do I need to take you to the doctor to test for Asperger's Syndrome?"

If I remember correctly they said that because I used too much soap from the dispenser when I washed my hands.

Misha

Banned
Not quite like that. It was more like "Why did you do this? Are you retarded? Do I need to take you to the doctor to test for Asperger's Syndrome?"

If I remember correctly they said that because I used too much soap from the dispenser when I washed my hands.

yeah thats a bit worse and more arbitrary... I rarely ever got straight insults

Sometimes I get angry enough to just HIT someone!

tbh that gif just bothers me since its really choppy

zeemumu

yeah thats a bit worse and more arbitrary... I rarely ever got straight insults

It made it worse because I knew that they were pulling random words out of their ass. They never really fact checked things. They just took stuff and ran with it. That's why I wasn't allowed to have a Myspace account. They were afraid that a white van would immediately materialize in front of the house and take me away. Wasn't allowed to watch Pokemon in my aunt's house for the longest time because of rumored demonic subliminal messages. Went to a church meeting once while they talked about the threat of "the lollies" (the lolz) forcing young kids to do terrible things. Got guilt tripped for a full day because I asked what would happen if I was born a girl. I wasn't having identity issues or anything, it was just an off-hand question that I asked when I was around 9. I asked a lot of random shit when I was 9. Not sure why that one warranted special attention. And when I say guilt tripped, I mean they may as well have found a dozen needles loaded with heroin in my dresser.

marrec

Banned
I twisted my upper body wrong and my everything is in pain

Real talk, back when I was climbing wind turbines and ripped like jesus, I fucked my back up by pressing the "order" button at a sonic because I twisted wrong.

I know this because I understand that it happened, but I have no autobiographical memory of it happening

Jobbs

Banned
Real talk, back when I was climbing wind turbines and ripped like jesus, I fucked my back up by pressing the "order" button at a sonic because I twisted wrong.

I know this because I understand that it happened, but I have no autobiographical memory of it happening

I hurt my back somehow after exercising once. I think I kinda didn't exercise properly or something, my back was a bit sore, and then later that night I bent down quick to pick something up and it was like lightning hit me. I was *fucked*. I couldn't even comprehend the pain I was in. I had to crawl to bed and if I even moved slightly the pain was so bad it made me gasp.

I would have gone to the ER but the idea of getting into the car was something I couldn't even comprehend.

Somehow the next day it was mostly cleared up, though, and I rapidly recovered. I still don't understand what the fuck happened. It was pain on a level that reclassified in my mind what "pain" meant -- and then in like a day it was gone.

HOOOOLLLLYYYY SSSSHHHHIIIITTTTT at you and Jobb's pain story.

Your story blows my mind.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Back pain is the worst. Mine back still hurts from time to time, today is such day

I'm self employed, so each quarter is different for me. Income, expenses... it's a mess.

Same with self-employed people. And law is such that you cannot calculate them yourself, unless you have proper education (so you need an accountant in most of the cases).

Bück dich befehl ich dir wende dein Antlitz ab von mir dein Gesicht ist mir egal bück dich
Rammstein?

marrec

Banned
HOOOOLLLLYYYY SSSSHHHHIIIITTTTT at you and Jobb's pain story.

Your story blows my mind.

Had to go to the ER and get some pretty powerful muscle relaxers in order to not be in extreme and constant pain.

I hurt my back somehow after exercising once. I think I kinda didn't exercise properly or something, my back was a bit sore, and then later that night I bent down quick to pick something up and it was like lightning hit me. I was *fucked*. I couldn't even comprehend the pain I was in. I had to crawl to bed and if I even moved slightly the pain was so bad it made me gasp.

I would have gone to the ER but the idea of getting into the car was something I couldn't even comprehend.

Somehow the next day it was mostly cleared up, though, and I rapidly recovered. I still don't understand what the fuck happened. It was pain on a level that reclassified in my mind what "pain" meant -- and then in like a day it was gone.

Yep, that's how my pain was, but it wouldn't go away and I had to drive myself to the ER :lol

Misha

Banned
It made it worse because I knew that they were pulling random words out of their ass. They never really fact checked things. They just took stuff and ran with it. That's why I wasn't allowed to have a Myspace account. They were afraid that a white van would immediately materialize in front of the house and take me away. Wasn't allowed to watch Pokemon in my aunt's house for the longest time because of rumored demonic subliminal messages. Went to a church meeting once while they talked about the threat of "the lollies" (the lolz) forcing young kids to do terrible things. Got guilt tripped for a full day because I asked what would happen if I was born a girl. I wasn't having identity issues or anything, it was just an off-hand question that I asked when I was around 9. I asked a lot of random shit when I was 9. Not sure why that one warranted special attention. And when I say guilt tripped, I mean they may as well have found a dozen needles loaded with heroin in my dresser.

sounds like the things my parents said taken actually seriously. pokemon is bad, no handheld games, don't interact with anyone on the internet, don't play outside without them around etc. I think my parents knew they had no good reason for most of the things though since my mom used generic phrases like "it'll rot your brain" i mean thats like not unstandard for conservative overconcerned parent i think

funny on the gender though. i remember my dad being concerned with that when i was like 5. I'd play with my sister's barbies with her, "something something you'll become a sissy la-la something something". self fulfilling prophesy i wonder?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Same with self-employed people. And law is such that you cannot calculate them yourself, unless you have proper education (so you need an accountant in most of the cases).
Precisely my case. I spend an entire evening crunching numbers that then I have to send to my accountant because the tax filing procedure for business owners and self-employed people is such a complex mess nobody else knows how to navigate around it.

Precisely my case. I spend an entire evening crunching numbers that then I have to send to my accountant because the tax filing procedure for business owners and self-employed people is such a complex mess nobody else knows how to navigate around it.

:: Trump voice ::

Spain is a mess. A big, fat mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom