• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halcyon

Wait, being nice equates to being desperate?

lolwut

Give us an example of "being nice".

Being nice usually means something like "help your good friend move" or holding the door for someone. Maybe helping push a strangers car out of the snow in front of your house.

zeemumu

I left off on the tree boss in Dark Souls 3. Having trouble finding the hit boxes that aren't in front of that death hand. I know they're those bumps on him.

DrM, yes, hit on the side as I was crossing an intersection and had right of way.

Just generally being friendly.
That's not desperate.

It's only desperate when you're very selective and specific with whom you reserve your niceness for and that party is not especially keen on your attention.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
@Misha, thanks for the explanation. That makes more sense why they would reuse scenes.

@lilith, hope everything heals up well. No chance of figuring out who hit you? I'm guess he just hit and ran.

zeemumu

QBogW5c.jpg

I'd eat everything if I had the money

Clydefrog

I should be fine after a day or two off with my knee elevated and on ice. It's mostly my pride that's hurt.

I'm at home now. Gonna watch iZombie and chill.

Glad you're okay!

Last year, I got hit on my bike while on a crosswalk on PCH (by the Jack in the Box in Newport). A car was turning and didn't look at all to see if anyone was in the crosswalk. Same kinda thing happened, he knocked me off my bike and then just drove off. The bike got bent but I was fine. I threw my arms in the air like "WTF!" and the driver behind him was just staring at me in disbelief, lol.

marrec

Banned
Symphonia:

Usually if you're just yourself without worrying about how you're presenting yourself you'll do alright. It's so freaking hard to try to change the way you interact with people and keep it up indefinitely.

Lilith:

SUE THEM INTO THE GROUND!

I thought the Flash delay was because of the Supergirl crossover and the scheduling conflict that caused Gustin? iZombie is a lot more interesting to me than Flash right now.

I think the guy who hit me was counting on there not being any witnesses and me not being able to get his license plate in time. To his credit, he'd be right about that. All I know is it was some asshole in a dirty, beat up, white sedan.

Glad you're okay!

Last year, I got hit on my bike while on a crosswalk on PCH (by the Jack in the Box in Newport). A car was turning and didn't look at all to see if anyone was in the crosswalk. Same kinda thing happened, he knocked me off my bike and then just drove off. The bike got bent but I was fine. I threw my arms in the air like "WTF!" and the driver behind him was just staring at me in disbelief, lol.

That's fucking pathetic. (my accident was over by The Triangle). If I ever hit someone (which thankfully I have not, and nor would I be reckless enough to), I would stay and make sure they were taken care of in every possible way.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
FT5YQVS.jpg

It's naan time

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
She was but now she refuses to acknowledge it and I feel like she's kinda ignoring it, I don't feel comfortable talking to her about it and I don't know why

It's a combination of everything. The people are okay but it's all guys and sometimes I wish I had a girl friend I could talk to. I mean a minor complaint all things considered but it just gets old when you've got dudes talking about banging their wives in various positions for hours on end. Schedule fucking blows and the job itself is incredibly stressful. I feel like a fish out of water. I don't belong here; this is not my field of study. I have zero interest in this shit.

I don't want to talk to a chaplain and get preached to. I don't really trust mental health cause it'll go on my record so

I definitely know how that goes. I dealt with it really bad my first trip to Iraq in 2007. I was the only female in our battery. Just a bunch of oversexed guys, it was fucking awful. I felt so damn isolated all the time.

But yeah, there is nothing wrong with going to mental health, HIPAA demands privacy and it is not adverse to you at all. I see a mental health team. Plus it helps to get everything you can medically documented for VA benefits when you get out.

And Chaplains don't tend to be preachy, they also have absolute privacy. They cannot reveal anything you tell them to anyone else.

It's all up to you, but I hate seeing young service member sit and suffer, I always encourage everyone to utilize all available resources.

Sorry if this was too much, Dragonz. <3

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I guess the First Order has two black Stormtroopers now
I always thought there should be black Stormtrooper armor to signify elite Stormtroopers.

Blackhole+Stormtrooper.jpg

I definitely know how that goes. I dealt with it really bad my first trip to Iraq in 2007. I was the only female in our battery. Just a bunch of oversexed guys, it was fucking awful. I felt so damn isolated all the time.

But yeah, there is nothing wrong with going to mental health, HIPAA demands privacy and it is not adverse to you at all. I see a mental health team. Plus it helps to get everything you can medically documented for VA benefits when you get out.

And Chaplains don't tend to be preachy, they also have absolute privacy. They cannot reveal anything you tell them to anyone else.

It's all up to you, but I hate seeing young service member sit and suffer, I always encourage everyone to utilize all available resources.

Sorry if this was too much, Dragonz. <3

I really appreciate it. I don't know, I went running this morning and during it I just realized how tired I am of being angry. But I don't know what to do and I can't help but be miserable every time I walk into my squadron.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I really appreciate it. I don't know, I went running this morning and during it I just realized how tired I am of being angry. But I don't know what to do and I can't help but be miserable every time I walk into my squadron.

If you ever need anything, feel free to hmu. I havent been in exactly the same shoes as you but very similar ones.

FUME5

Glad to hear you're doing OK Lilith, what a fucking arsehole.

There is an absolute shit tonne of good games out right now Dragonz, but I know that feeling.

And I could not get in the zone for DS3 last night, made basically no progress. Haven't even made it to the first real boss...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom