• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

I was gonna spend the day looking at Unity tutorials, but while I don't have anything due for a while I'm gonna take this opportunity to leave the house. Going to Disneyland.

Food and Wine Festival

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Ban this guy tbh

giphy.gif

sounds like the things my parents said taken actually seriously. pokemon is bad, no handheld games, don't interact with anyone on the internet, don't play outside without them around etc. I think my parents knew they had no good reason for most of the things though since my mom used generic phrases like "it'll rot your brain" i mean thats like not unstandard for conservative overconcerned parent i think

funny on the gender though. i remember my dad being concerned with that when i was like 5. I'd play with my sister's barbies with her, "something something you'll become a sissy la-la something something". self fulfilling prophesy i wonder?

My parents were so chill during my childhood.

I did (do) have one crazy religious aunt who was convinced Harry Potter was evil tho. She's the type who attends a megachurch and all that. She's a nice person for the most part, but I rarely see her. And she doesn't know about the gay.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Damn my dad is half deaf and now commercials kicked in during Champions league and whole floor is shaking

uh, good thing that Funky Papa wrote about taxes, I need to go to tax office about my 'partial self-employed ' status and so called 'tax cashiers' and If I need one for that 15 bills that I give out each summer.

Misha

Banned
Yeah! High five!
anchorman-teamjump.gif

(I actually only learned that was paul rudd this year)

I did (do) have one crazy religious aunt who was convinced Harry Potter was evil tho. She's the type who attends a megachurch and all that. She's a nice person for the most part, but I rarely see her. And she doesn't know about the gay.

my mom laughed with me about the harry potter hate. (because its a book and not japanese animation)
my one aunt was even more luddite than my mom. humorously enough though both me and one of her sons ended up in programming and spend half the day on the computer due to work and enjoyment.

for all the things that my family are, thankfully though, they recognize megachurches as scams (in part due to cross-denomination prejudice but still)

zeemumu

Aren't megachuches those places where the preachers have The Force and soul power? My church is a tiny place with a bunch of old people and a really nice stain glass window design. I haven't gone since they tried to make me take a bunch of questionnaires on the backs of pamphlets that this woman carried in her purse as a prerequisite to getting baptized. Jesus didn't require prerequisites for baptism, he just dunked you in.

Misha

Banned
Aren't megachuches those place where the preachers have The Force and soul power?
they're probably quite different in the south, north, and west coast. here they're pretty much motivational speakers that just randomly insert biblical terms into their empowerment speeches. its really more about them being a celebrity and accepting donations than anything else

zeemumu

Well, there it is. That's the fucking problem.

You just need a balance of the two while maintaining your sense of self. People can sense when you're trying to hard to be aloof and/or a dick or when you're being desperate by being nice.

I don't think the one she attends is quite that bad.

I'M NOT GAY NO MORE. I AM DELIVEREDT. I DON'T LIKE MENS NO MORE.

I'm not into your lifestyle. You eat da poo poo, AND YOU LOVE IT?!

Misha

Banned
I'm still weirded out that I care more about marvel movies than dc ones. like the only marvel character i ever cared about is spiderman and he's just finally getting into it but i've been on board for a while now

I find people with interests and opinions to be the least interesting.

Nobody cares Sean. Nobody cares.

I pictured that like john oliver doing his yell at photo in upper-left corner of the screen gag

Halcyon

I'm still weirded out that I care more about marvel movies than dc ones. like the only marvel character i ever cared about is spiderman and he's just finally getting into it but i've been on board for a while now

#teamcap

I don't love everything marvel has put out, but I really like Iron Man 1 and Winter Soldier so I'm pretty jazzed to see Civil War.

Misha

Banned
#teamcap

I don't love everything marvel has put out, but I really like Iron Man 1 and Winter Soldier so I'm pretty jazzed to see Civil War.

me neither but even the bad stuff is just well done enough(sorta paint by numbers tbh) that I have faith in future movies

#alsoteamcap

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I thought those old Disney movies were hand-drawn. How could they be reused that much if so?

Misha

Banned
I thought those old Disney movies were hand-drawn. How could they be reused that much if so?

the situations up there are basically traced over.

you have the old animation cell and place the new transparent one on top and you can just do it again. saves from having to worry about whether movement or expressions look good.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a8ce6c9e970b-500wi

they would have actual actors do the motions and everything that they would draw so starting the process from scratch would take some time

art4.png

disney-rotoscoping-8.jpg

Posting from the doctor's office because some fuckwad ran into me while I was riding my bike to work. I'm going to be fine in a day or two, nothing's broken nor majorly sprained, but the fucker didn't even have the decency to check if I was alright after he hit me. I guess the good news is I get a couple days off? I'm super grateful to be working for my dad in times like this.

All the Disney stuff was drawn with as much reference material as possible. It's not 1:1 copying, just thorough examination and tracing in some cases. They even hired actors to model much of the human movement.
Edit: Yeah, like Misha said

Halcyon

Posting from the doctor's office because some fuckwad ran into me while I was riding my bike to work. I'm going to be fine in a day or two, nothing's broken not majorly sprained, but the fucker didn't even have the decency to check if I was alright after he hit me. I guess the good news is I get a couple days off? I'm super grateful to be working for my dad in times like this.

That's crazy. Glad you're alright. Did the bike take any damage.

The back wheel is bent very slightly. Not enough to be an issue. Also I can buy a new bike no problem. I hate being injured and people who don't own up to their mistakes, so that's what bothers me more right now.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Posting from the doctor's office because some fuckwad ran into me while I was riding my bike to work. I'm going to be fine in a day or two, nothing's broken nor majorly sprained, but the fucker didn't even have the decency to check if I was alright after he hit me. I guess the good news is I get a couple days off? I'm super grateful to be working for my dad in times like this.

Damn, you were lucky. Was it side impact?

zeemumu

That Jungle Book gif always bugged me cause they never shifted his cel to the rock correctly.

Also hard proof that Sword in the Stone is the best Disney movie.

I noticed that too. His hand misses the rock by an inch

Glad to hear you're okay

Misha

Banned
geez glad you're okay (and have time to play dark souls 3 :p)
Being excessively nice can come off as that.

I'd think more clingy than desperate but yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom