• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

I'm desperate to play both hyper light drifter and enter the gungeon but dark souls 3 is all consuming

In other news I declared my minor tonight. Psychology.

ooh, and FTL. Small, but deadly. To your time.

In other news I declared my minor tonight. Psychology.

and I suppose the 9:1 female to male ratio is not a factor, right?

(why isn't that a comment on a woman going for engineering though? "all those dicks, right", is never heard in that context. Probably because it's a job for ugly people. :'D )

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Bravely Default is a really good game and I was wrong to dismiss it all those years ago

Edit: Conversation I just had with my dad

Dad: What the hell is this? Where's the rice?

Me: Dad, it's lo mein. It's noodles. Noodles are already a bread product. We went over this before you ordered it.

Dad, very dejected: Oh. I've just never had Chinese food without rice.

*Tries it*

Dad: Wow, this is like... really good spaghetti! What's it called, lo mein? It should be called high mein.

That's my father, Yale professor, folks

and I suppose the 9:1 female to male ratio is not a factor, right?

(why isn't that a comment on a woman going for engineering though? "all those dicks, right", is never heard in that context. Probably because it's a job for ugly people. :'D )

There were plenty of cute guys in my CS classes. I think you only refer to the advantageous gender disparity when the class doesn't have a perception of high intrinsic value. Then again there's also the fact that some guys are defensive of the boys club they grew up in (definitely not all though!).

marrec

Banned
Fucking love that game, would kill for a sequel except that's not happening.

Do we know if that team is working on something currently?

On a completely unrelated note, Trump came to Pittsburgh today and asked "Hows Joe Paterno doing?" which is funny cause he's dead, a child molester protector, and this is fucking Pittsburgh you idiot not Happy Valley.

There were plenty of cute guys in my CS classes. I think you only refer to the advantageous gender disparity when the class doesn't have a perception of high intrinsic value. Then again there's also the fact that some guys are defensive of the boys club they grew up in (definitely not all though!).

Europe don't select classes, but entire major up front. So you can tell the stereotypical selection from the start. I had a short stay in what I suppose would be CS in the US, and it was all dicks to the point where we all noticed it on day one. :|
It was depressing.

Misha

Banned
Fucking love that game, would kill for a sequel except that's not happening.
Id rather them do the same formula differently. Like doing planetary discovery with a raiding party element
On a completely unrelated note, Trump came to Pittsburgh today and asked "Hows Joe Paterno doing?" which is funny cause he's dead, a child molester protector, and this is fucking Pittsburgh you idiot not Happy Valley.

This is the dumbest thing trump has said so far

FUME5

Do we know if that team is working on something currently?

Nope, no info and no media. The only thing to go on is a post on the forums from 2 or so years ago where they said they won't be working on more content fo FTL or a sequel as it's been 4 years of dev and they want to move on to a new game.

Good for them, sucks for me.

Id rather them do the same formula differently. Like doing planetary discovery with a raiding party element

I hear that.

I think I do? I don't know, I was thinking about getting Why Am I Dead At Sea but I don't know if I have it in me for another indie

Like I said above, Sunless Sea. Not action, but if you want to be absorbed by something I highly recommend it.

marrec

Banned
Nope, no info and no media. The only thing to go on is a post on the forums from 2 or so years ago where they said they won't be working on more content fo FTL or a sequel as it's been 4 years of dev and they want to move on to a new game.

Good for them, sucks for me.

Have you checked out "Out There"?

It's... similar. Not close enough to be called a clone or anything, but it was a nice supplement to FTL.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Bravely Default is a really good game and I was wrong to dismiss it all those years ago

Edit: Conversation I just had with my dad

Dad: What the hell is this? Where's the rice?

Me: Dad, it's lo mein. It's noodles. Noodles are already a bread product. We went over this before you ordered it.

Dad, very dejected: Oh. I've just never had Chinese food without rice.

*Tries it*

Dad: Wow, this is like... really good spaghetti! What's it called, lo mein? It should be called high mein.

That's my father, Yale professor, folks

Bravely Default is fantastic. I wish I still had a DS to play it.

Misha

Banned
Europe don't select classes, but entire major up front. So you can tell the stereotypical selection from the start. I had a short stay in what I suppose would be CS in the US, and it was all dicks to the point where we all noticed it on day one. :|
It was depressing.

Worst part of computer science. My physics classes were a breath of fresh air

It was depressing.

Hmm, that's too bad. I never had a class where I was the only girl. Usually there were at least three or four others. But then again the university I went to was almost two-thirds women when I attended, so I'm sure that was a contributing factor.

Victoria's Secret website right now is offering a great deal where if you spend over $75 (which isn't hard) then you get a free umbrella. It's almost as if we weren't about to head into a super dry summer.

Maybe VS knows something we don't know.

zeemumu

I'm smuggling this chocolate caramel tart home for a friend.

Also I think I'm done with the thirst feeling for a while. I'm not romantically involved or anything. I'm just tired.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Also already own it, but 33.

AcridMeat

Banned
Everyone stop posting now, Acrid's awake.
Jokes on you I didn't check it all day anyway.
Same, but Enter the Gungeon instead of DS3
My dude right here. I just got a new 360 pad in the mail today after using one with my PC since 2008. It feels amazing.
tumblr_nq1w3ttrRW1r5zq6ao1_540.jpg

Omg.
Hahahahahahha
what's the ultimate fuck everything-music?
So there are a couple different ways to deal with the fuck anything.

If I want to cheer up, I listen to Tycho. Always helps. Awake and Montana are just amazing.

If I'm angry and want release, I listen to my angsty punk music like Life Is Pain by Leftover Crack or Life Sucks by No Ca$h

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
A guy in a dating/hook up app told me he was geeky and I asked him why and he said he watched The Big Bang Theory. *BLOCKED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom