• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

when you crave garlic knots but you know bread makes you fat

garlic_knots_dozen.jpg

Halcyon

Bread doesn't specifically make you fat. Eating it nonstop does.

Also I was doing my taxes and at the end they're throwing this thing that looks like an advertisement "DO YOU HAVE UNCLAIMED CASH". I clicked on it for some reason and it took me to the treasury.gov website. I looked up my name and apparently I had a check sent to me from PSU in like 2001 that I never cashed. So I'm getting a check for $500 sent to me in the mail.

I'm not yet positive if it is a scam, but it was legitimately the treasury website. /shrug

FloatOn

yeah... I just can't justify getting garlic knots after my company provided that free chicken wing extravaganza yesterday :(

Also I was doing my taxes and at the end they're throwing this thing that looks like an advertisement "DO YOU HAVE UNCLAIMED CASH". I clicked on it for some reason and it took me to the treasury.gov website. I looked up my name and apparently I had a check sent to me from PSU in like 2001 that I never cashed. So I'm getting a check for $500 sent to me in the mail.

I'm not yet positive if it is a scam, but it was legitimately the treasury website. /shrug

buy yourself a computer to play video games on

Misha

Banned
Bread doesn't specifically make you fat. Eating it nonstop does.

IMPORTANT: There is no governmentwide, centralized information service or database on how unclaimed government assets may be obtained. Each individual federal agency maintains its own records.
http://www.fms.treas.gov/faq/unclaimed.html

sounds somewhat questionable but you definitely could have done some of the individual ones

FloatOn

WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU

Sorry Jobbs

Jobbs

Banned
I don't know what a waifu is and I refuse to google it. I get the jist but I don't know why or when it originated.

It's a way for people to say what girls they like that is abnoying

Just say what girl you like. I like Allison Brie. She's possibly the most attractive person on earth.

Halcyon

Just say what girl you like. I like Allison Brie. She's possibly the most attractive person on earth.

She looks like a girl I used to work with who was a big whore and she had a fat ass.

yes I believe it's meant to be derogatory

at least that was my intent because everyone knows anime is trash

+1

FloatOn

"I like ___" is boring and not as fun

I agree with your second sentence though but I think we have been over this

149770.gif

Jobbs

Banned
anyone else scratch a bar of soap to clean under your nails

it's so satisfying

I have one of those in our game room. They're pretty fun but a huge waste of space too.

I got one mainly for gaming niece purposes. she was always struggling to find a good seating arrangement in front of my TV

I don't understand being truly happy for people unless they're close to me. I don't give a shit if dave franco is happy or not (or allison brie, for that matter)

Really? What about if something bad were to happen? Could you feel sad for someone else?

I guess on a selfish level I like their acting and I imagine a happy life helps contribute to further acting of theirs that I'll enjoy, but also it's just fun to fantasize about the life they must be sharing.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Waifus are for nerds!

Jobbs

Banned
Really? What about if something bad were to happen? Could you feel sad for someone else?

I guess on a selfish level I like their acting and I imagine a happy life helps contribute to further acting of theirs that I'll enjoy, but also it's just fun to fantasize about the life they must be sharing.

I have a lot of trouble feeling actually invested in the happiness or despair of people I don't know in any way. I know in polite society that we pretend to, but... I don't really.

E.g. if the news reports something bad that happened, I'll think/say "that's a shame" but I honestly won't feel moved in most cases. The exception would be something particularly heinous, like the sandy hook massacre, which I felt moved by -- but in most cases I just go on with my day, as I suspect most people do. (Incidentally I also remember feeling somewhat invested in the Iranian uprising a while back, but that's only because I was following it so closely)

Hollywood actors may as well be aliens. I'm not in the business of wishing harm on anyone at any time, but I, like... don't actually give a shit about them beyond passing curiosity

Brie Larson is the superior person with Brie in their name

In acting ability, probably, though I haven't seen Allison Brie's acting chops tested

FloatOn

I only care about ryan reynolds and blake lively insofar as I think their progeny are going to grow up to be the most beautiful people on planet earth

marrec

Banned
The only celebrity couple I care about. I'm not being ironic.

You fuckin' nerd.

I don't care about any celebrity relationship. I hardly care about my friends relationships tbh unless they're in need of support.

I don't really have a Waifu either... I mean, maybe Mary Elizabeth Winstead but that's influenced by her absolutely monstrous performance in 10 Cloverfield Lane more than anything. Also she was a vision on that movie.

Misha

Banned
I have a lot of trouble feeling actually invested in the happiness or despair of people I don't know in any way. I know in polite society that we pretend to, but... I don't really.

E.g. if the news reports something bad that happened, I'll think/say "that's a shame" but I honestly won't feel moved in most cases. The exception would be something particularly heinous, like the sandy hook massacre, which I felt moved by -- but in most cases I just go on with my day, as I suspect most people do.

Hollywood actors may as well be aliens. I'm not in the business of wishing harm on anyone at any time, but I, like... don't actually give a shit about them beyond passing curiosity

I've had huge arguments with friends over the nude leaks because they couldn't understand why those celebrities deserved sympathy and respect. Thats really the point where I realized that most people don't experience empathy(is that the right word?) to the extent that I do. Not nearly as much for the good things but for bad things, I get furious for the sake of people I'll never know. Not any sort of conscious decision, its my natural reaction and I assumed everyone else just ignored it rather than just didn't have it

interesting subject either way and i'd be curious to know what makes the difference

Jobbs

Banned
I've had huge arguments with friends over the nude leaks because they couldn't understand why those celebrities deserved sympathy and respect. Thats really the point where I realized that most people don't experience empathy(is that the right word?) to the extent that I do. Not nearly as much for the good things but for bad things, I get furious for the sake of people I'll never know. Not any sort of conscious decision, its my natural reaction and I assumed everyone else just ignored it rather than just didn't have it

interesting subject either way and i'd be curious to know what makes the difference

I'm trying to thread a needle here. I don't wish ill on people, and I think everyone deserves a baseline measure of respect (other than killers/rapists/etc, obviously) whether they're a celebrity or not.

I think the celebrity nude leak thing was... I don't know. I just don't feel anything, I guess. The victims of it are entitled to their feelings, and I didn't wish that harm on them, but as a matter of me actually feeling invested in their feelings, no. I just went on with my day.

For me to really care about bad news happening to someone it has to be made real to me. Someone I've never met or talked to just doesn't feel real to me. If I saw a documentary showing a victim of the nude leak talking about how much it hurt or whatever then maybe I'd care.

Nah I just think she's cuter

oh get off my phone you cunt (british version)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
IF I had a waifu... based on looks alone, and not personality... Kat Dennings, probably

Misha

Banned
I'm trying to thread a needle here. I don't wish ill on people, and I think everyone deserves a baseline measure of respect (other than killers/rapists/etc, obviously) whether they're a celebrity or not.

I think the celebrity nude leak thing was... I don't know. I just don't feel anything, I guess. The victims of it are entitled to their feelings, and I didn't wish that harm on them, but as a matter of me actually feeling invested in their feelings, no. I just went on with my day.

For me to really care about bad news happening to someone it has to be made real to me. Someone I've never met or talked to just doesn't feel real to me. If I saw a documentary showing a victim of the nude leak talking about how much it hurt or whatever then maybe I'd care.
the thing that set me off for that particularly wasn't so much that they didn't care. thats fine. they went out of their way to try to benefit from it and didn't understand why that was awful to the victims cause "the deed was already done". I've thought considerably less of that group of people since then (and they've proven me right for it multiple times since)

FloatOn

That looks awesome. And oh, look, it's Quinn from dexter looking emaciated for some reason.

I loved Drive. I... had more complex feelings for Only God Forgives. I admired certain aspects over it but I'm not sure I can say I liked it.

did you see valhalla rising?

that film was also a trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom