• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
Nah. My closest friends make time for me. I don't really think about it much with non-close ones because I'm less invested in them.

as soon as someone is willing to give me attention *bam*

tumblr_lyfq24mkXy1r6jujzo1_r1_250.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's hard to maintain friendships in the adult world.

At least, in real life.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I have very few good friends and a lot of known people. Thanks to my dad everybody in this town knows me.

jb1234

At least, in real life.

You have to find people who are willing to really commit to the relationship and that can be difficult when so many people prioritize romantic relationships over friendships. I've gotten very lucky with my friends but I also tend to weed out very quickly ones who aren't willing to put in the time and effort to stay connected to me. My energy is limited and I want to spend it with people who care.

(That said, I'll readily admit that most of mine are long distance. No one really gives a shit about me in Seattle because I stopped being physically able to go out and have fun with them.)

Halcyon

I would be your friend

I've seen what you said about Bane. I KNOW WHAT CLARK DEEYD.

At least, in real life.

Yea, it's weird. My guy friends are my father in law and my brothers-in-law. Which doesn't require any upkeep. We're always just like "hey man, i'm here for dinner, lets go shoot stuff after"

I don't have to cultivate a relationship, make plans, ignore my wife and child to accomplish those plans. It's just easier to talk to you assholes and get my socializing out through this.

jb1234

Speaking of friends

My friends are drunk in town, I'm tired and watching Star Wars and want to play Dark Souls

What do I do?

I think it depends on your energy level and how social you're feeling. I think being with people is almost always preferable to being alone but you may feel differently.

FloatOn

my post-workworkworkwork plans consist of going over to my parents house for dinner, picking up my dog and lots of dark souls

I refuse to be social tonight.

zeemumu

anyone else get weirdly jealous and possessive of friends? its like when you find out about their other friends and things they do, you aren't really important at all and you need to wiggle your way in to not fall behind

(ofc i don't act on these feelings cause i realize how useless they are)

A little. There were times when I'd try to make plans with friends and it would either take forever to work out the details or just wouldn't work out at all, and then they'd easily make time for a different friend and it made me feel like dirt. Then you'd have the other case where a friend would get an SO and suddenly disappear from my life. It's normal to be upset over being 2nd best in someone else's eyes but it's irrational to dwell on it because everyone has preferences when it comes to people. For example, I consider you to be a friend but I highly doubt that you'd hold me in a higher regard than your IRL friends.

I'm completely aware that I can get jealous at times and that I shouldn't be, so I work on getting over it. Sometimes this involves blocking/unfollowing the person on social media and essentially isolating myself from them until I've dealt with my issues and I'm ready to behave like an adult. It probably just looks like I'm throwing a temper tantrum from their point of view but I convince myself that they won't notice so I don't have to explain why I blocked/unfollowed them.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
ABUSE THE BOOZE

That rhymes, right

jb1234

Then you'd have the other case where a friend would get an SO and suddenly disappear from my life.

That's just gross and not a friend. It's even worse when they almost inevitably break up and then come crawling back to you. I accept that people may re-prioritize when they get into a romantic relationship and be less available but I have zero tolerance for the ones who can't be bothered to maintain the friendship whatsoever. You're out of my life.

Sometimes this involves blocking/unfollowing the person on social media and essentially isolating myself from them until I've dealt with my issues and I'm ready to behave like an adult. It probably just looks like I'm throwing a temper tantrum from their point of view but I convince myself that they won't notice so I don't have to explain why I blocked/unfollowed them.

They probably notice, dude and it's not a good look. I would just stay off Facebook altogether or remove them from your feed without blocking or unfollowing them.

Misha

Banned
ABUSE THE BOOZE

That rhymes, right

that is very convincing

That's just gross and not a friend. It's even worse when they almost inevitably break up and then come crawling back to you. I accept that people may re-prioritize when they get into a romantic relationship and be less available but I have zero tolerance for the ones who can't be bothered to maintain the friendship whatsoever. You're out of my life.

but at the same time its also really bad when they do make time for you but spend all their time texting that person and going into another room to skype. whats the point?

jb1234

but at the same time its also really bad when they do make time for you but spend all their time texting that person and going into another room to skype. whats the point?

That's also gross. I wouldn't tolerate that shit. It's sending a clear message that the person would rather be doing anything else than spending time with me.

Misha

Banned
That's also gross. I wouldn't tolerate that shit. It's sending a clear message that the person would rather be doing anything else than spending time with me.

the thing though is that my friend group was using his house as a hangout place so we just kept doing things while he left. we actually preferred it at that point since he couldn't help but be distracted.

zeemumu

They probably notice, dude and it's not a good look. I would just stay off Facebook altogether or remove them from your feed without blocking or unfollowing them.

That's what I meant by unfollow/block. You can unfollow someone on Facebook without unfriending them. They stay on your friends list but you don't see your posts and it doesn't block them or notify them that I'm not seeing their posts anymore. And the only way that they'd notice on Instagram is if they kept a constant tally of their followers. Most of my friends have enough followers that they wouldn't notice if that number dipped by 1. The one's on Tumblr certainly notice, but that's a different story entirely. One that involves me unfollowing people who keep posting their nudes and making it impossible to browse my Tumblr feed in public.

I have this one from time to time too. I assumed I was just too boring to hold their attention.

Damn it I was ONE HIT away from killing the Crystal Sage. I wasn't expecting this boss to give me so much trouble.

Halcyon

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Enjoy the sun. Make new friends. Get some strange. Win awards. Do whatever it is you do man. Get off my back will ya.

I'm not shit posting when I say, I can not ever take seriously anyone who says the MercurySteam Castlevanias are "good".

Stealth sections in a Castlevania game is a legit unforgivable sin.

That fact ensures I never remotely care about MercurySteam game and that I never play any of their Castlevania games.

FloatOn

I'm not shit posting when I say, I can not ever take seriously anyone who says the MercurySteam Castlevanias are "good".

Stealth sections in a Castlevania game is a legit unforgivable sin.

That fact ensures I never remotely care about MercurySteam game and that I never play any of their Castlevania games.

the first lords of shadow was good

I just pretend like the second one doesn't exist. no big deal

FloatOn

n.. no. dude, no. just no.

to even say this is to.. defy.. my... brain words... words. brain... I can't even

It was my first "character action" game so I'm not all snobby about it

I thought it had beautiful art and the lore was neat

edit - also the only devil may cry game I've ever played was DmC and I enjoyed that too

on a different forum, i had a person i barely know make a (joke) thread asking me out. has no idea what i look like or anything. oh yeah and then the mods refused to delete it and people kept posting in it to make me mad.
doesn't take much at all to attract that kind of attention for no reason -_-

The Obsidian forums basically have no supervision (the mods are all ridiculous themselves) to the point where all the women members of the forums left, including the one woman mod.

Shame, as it is clear that the staff has been told to let it be.

Jobbs

Banned
of every property that needed to be turned into a mediocre character action game, castlevania was probably near the bottom of the list.

castlevania is most famous for its exploration/rpg stuff... it has a genre named for it! metroidvania! it's right in the word!

it needs to be an adventure full of mystery and exploration and intrigue

of every property that needed to be turned into a mediocre character action game, castlevania was probably near the bottom of the list.

castlevania is most famous for its exploration/rpg stuff... it has a genre named for it! metroidvania! it's right in the word!

This should be posted in any thread where LoS is praised.

FloatOn

I get that. It's kind of why I love the Souls games so much.

I imagine them as a hybrid castlevania/grown up zelda game

but with the first Lords of Shadow it was "cinematic" castlevania in the best way possible. It was completely different for the franchise and I applaud them for pulling it off as well as they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom