• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUME5

Got ravioli with carbonara sauce and began my date with the porcelain throne 2-3 hours later.

Spent all night freezing but sweating like crazy.

Won't be making it into work.

Misha

Banned
The one I found was bizarre because it didn't operate in normal monoblock fashion like you described (which is the most common in Europe), but required some very hard to tune orbit-like movement that didn't make nearly as much sense. It was a complete surprise because it actually looked familiar, yet it operated in the most absurd way.

Of course, it's still a vast improvement over the giant fuck you to good industrial design that is the classic British sink:

why

Oh. I'm not sure id understand it then.

Pretty obviously the British style ones were meant to fill the sink with water then use that for whatever but I can't imagine anyone does that consistently anymore. My friend has one of those sinks and its also frustrating how close the faucets are to the wall of the sink.

I was reflecting on this and I think I'm a quite reserved on paying physical compliments to women unless I'm either involved with them or have a certain rapport that permits it
I avoid complimenting anyones looks cause its really easy to have something go wrong. I once told a guy he was cute when he asked how he looked and he complained saying that girls tell guys that when they dont actually find them attractive but want to be nice

that's exactly why I told him that

All the work computers are upgrading to Office 2016.

The installer deleted the whole office suite and apparently the install failed silently because I've now got no office software at all.

GG IT guys

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I felt like the saruman shit in ROTK extended was completely unnecessary to the story. There's a reason a lot of that shit was cut.

A coherent narrative that flows is largely attributed to editing and untrimming the fat to sell another thingy doesn't necessarily make the movie better
It still feels out of place to have Gandalf just declare that "he'll be a problem no more", despite the fact that they only just got to the vanquished tower. No worries, we don't have to check what he's been up to since the Ents invaded.

sinxtanx

the fuck is this thread

I mean, how did it come to be?

I just stumbled onto this I didn't ask to be here

it seems like a random chat room

today I went to a local FGC event and watched some UNIB and Smash and played F-Zero GX

had tacos with Fuzzyness

zeemumu

the fuck is this thread

I mean, how did it come to be?

I just stumbled onto this I didn't ask to be here

it seems like a random chat room

today I went to a local FGC event and watched some UNIB and Smash and played F-Zero GX

had tacos with Fuzzyness

fire_community.gif

This pretty much sums it up.

let me guess, rm -rf {foo}/{bar}

No idea but the work comp just suddenly goes YOU HAVE TWO MINUTES BEFORE RESTART WARNING WARNING and then did its thing.

Some other people in the office had the same thing happen.

I wish that one were that easy. It went nearly all the way up and rotated almost 360 degrees. It wasn't your usual, European-style monobloc. Adjusting it was needlessly difficult.

All the ones I've ever used only go around 180 degrees. Pretty simple. The ones like you showed I used in Germany also worked but I found a bit odd.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
More like

ZFgz4p0.png

All the ones I've ever used only go around 180 degrees. Pretty simple. The ones like you showed I used in Germany also worked but I found a bit odd.
Yeah, normal monoblocs are actually simpler and cheaper. The one I have (shown in the picture) is thermostatic, so you set the temperature to the desired level in ºC and it will never move from there unless you want to. In the end, it means that you only need to rotate the water pressure knob since the temperature will always be set to your liking and remain constant.

Jobbs

Banned
so can we trace the lightsaber rey uses in ep7 back to "replacement saber from a bag of lightsabers tossed to anakin by random jedi guy in that stupid fucking scene in episode 2"? I was just thinking about that

zeemumu

so can we trace the lightsaber rey uses in ep7 back to "replacement saber from a bag of lightsabers tossed to anakin by random jedi guy in that stupid fucking scene in episode 2"? I was just thinking about that

I'm pretty sure Anakin made his own after Episode 2. I think it's a clone wars episode.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
tfw you have that one friend who is obsessed with anime girls and even posts exclusively about anime girls ON FACEBOOK

anigif_optimized-2203-1440681264-2.gif

This is the guy who used an excerpt from a visual novel in a presentation at grad school talking about Midori's boobs.

I don't know who Midori is or what that was even from but really, dude.

I bet he owns a Vita.

Still alive Feng?

I'll be honest, not so hot :p

How you holding up man?

I decided to say fuck it and push through it for another hour to finish spraying this house (my dad really needs some help) but every 5 minutes is a wild scramble to the portaloo and sitting down for another 10.

I've had better Mondays

Jobbs

Banned
Oh. That's non-canon now anyway

so if it's non canon how do you know he built it after ep 2? if all that's canon is the movies, rey's saber = originated from a bag of spares by random asshole jedi in the stupidest fucking scene in history

FUME5

I'll be honest, not so hot :p

How you holding up man?

I decided to say fuck it and push through it for another hour to finish spraying this house (my dad really needs some help) but every 5 minutes is a wild scramble to the portaloo and sitting down for another 10.

I've had better Mondays

Hahaha, good luck mate! We're going to make it.

*dies*

zeemumu

so if it's non canon how do you know he built it after ep 2? if all that's canon is the movies, rey's saber = originated from a bag of spares by random asshole jedi in the stupidest fucking scene in history

Because the canon material ALSO states that he built a new one.

Misha

Banned

Its a different lightsaber than that one and I'm pretty sure they reference him building it in the canon clone wars
Because the canon material ALSO states that he built a new one.

Here:

Exactly. Also I always found it interesting that the green one looks like obi wans

zeemumu

Here

latest
Take a really close look at that hilt.

Its a different lightsaber than that one and I'm pretty sure they reference him building it in the canon clone wars

Exactly. Also I always found it interesting that the green one looks like obi wans

I made it its own post while you were quoting. Sorry about that.

I don't remember what green stands for. It's either sentinel or consular.

Misha

Banned
wish they would have gone further in detail to a Jedi's attachment to their lightsaber and how it works differently in other circumstances like when they wield two.
I don't remember what green stands for. It's either sentinel or consular

I meant the hilt but I dont think sentinel and such are canon either

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This was a real thing

13006602_1104366872919340_6094847424938237704_n.jpg

And how Mace Windu fights more like a Sith than a jedi
Windu's fighting style, Vapaad, was closer to the dark side than any other Jedi method of fighting. It overtook most people who tried to master it.

Misha

Banned
And how Mace Windu fights more like a Sith than a jedi

I'm actually fine with them not going into detail about fighting styles in the movies. That's up there with ship manufacturers as really cool things that's sorta pointless for the average person to know

Jobbs

Banned
wish they would have gone further in detail to a Jedi's attachment to their lightsaber and how it works differently in other circumstances like when they wield two.

the prequels completely deciminated and shit upon the notion that a single lightsaber is of great significance or that a jedi bonds to his or her lightsaber in some important way. everyone has one. everyone. they're constantly lost and dropped into various pits and cut in half. they're disposable. everywhere is a sea of glowing sticks. lost your lightsaber? here's two more! I carry spares. even the younglings hold little lightsabers (how is that safe?).

there was a certain mystique to the lightsaber in the original trilogy. that is completely ruined when they're just everywhere like candy.

but that's only one in an endless sea of critical problems with the prequels, movies so bad I almost can't believe they're real

FloatOn

the prequels completely deciminated and shit upon the notion that a single lightsaber is of great significance or that a jedi bonds to his or her lightsaber in some important way. everyone has one. everyone. they're constantly lost and dropped into various pits and cut in half. they're disposable. everywhere is a sea of glowing sticks. lost your lightsaber? here's two more! I carry spares. even the younglings hold little lightsabers (how is that safe?).

there was a certain mystique to the lightsaber in the original trilogy. that is completely ruined when they're just everywhere like candy.

but that's only one in an endless sea of critical problems with the prequels, movies so bad I almost can't believe they're real

I hate the prequels too but wouldn't it make sense for sabers to be more common in that time since this was before the jedi were wiped out?

SolVanderlyn

To be fair, the EU went to great lengths to individualize each Jedi's lightsaber. Possibly even more so than in the OT. Not that anyone ever cared about the EU... :/

Still, the movies wanted to focus more on the "whoa, look, there's lots of jedi around this time" so it ended up feeling that way

zeemumu

Tto the dark side than any other Jedi method of fighting. It overtook most people who tried to master it.

I like Form V.
I'm actually fine with them not going into detail about fighting styles in the movies. That's up there with ship manufacturers as really cool things that's sorta pointless for the average person to know

I just thought it was an interesting thing, as though the combination of that and the fact that he was willing to murder a technically disarmed Palpatine was displaying a little of the dark side in him.

Some youngling lightsabers were set to lower intensities so you don't accidentally murder yourself. I don't know if that's still canon. Think of it as a dull sword.

Kingdom Hearts has the same problem. Need a keyblade? Here you go! Riku literally hands Kairi a keyblade that she still has.

Misha

Banned

Just because something is common doesn't mean you can't have an attachment. The way they go about it in the prequel reminds me of the rifleman's creed "This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine." etc

Also they didn't have any significance in the OT aside from the fact that Jedi were dead so there weren't many of their weapons lying around. Its like having a family sword passed down but except its super powerful and the others likely would have been taken and destroyed by the government
Kingdom Hearts has the same problem. Need a keyblade? Here you go! Riku literally hands Kairi a keyblade that she still has.
That was mostly weird cause they made a big deal about the keyblade calling to people and it being able to be summoned and the part where Riku wasn't able to take the one from sora.

Jobbs

Banned
I hate the prequels too but wouldn't it make sense for sabers to be more common in that time since this was before the jedi were wiped out?

I think it's a bad idea to begin with -- to remove the mystique of the jedi by having them run around in a giant group and appear, as their lightsabers, quite disposable.

but even so -- it was handled poorly. a better constructed movie would show the training of anakin, the construction of his lightsaber, etc, instead we never see any of this and anakin even says something like "obi wan's gonna kill me cuz I keep losing lightsabers! lol"

if one of the key throughputs from the movies is the actual lightsaber of anakin -- which goes to luke in ANH -- shouldn't you treat this element with even a little thought? ugh my head hurts every time I try to think about anything in the prequels, I just don't get how they exist

zeemumu

I think it's a bad idea to begin with -- to remove the mystique of the jedi by having them run around in a giant group and appear, as their lightsabers, quite disposable.

but even so -- it was handled poorly. a better constructed movie would show the training of anakin, the construction of his lightsaber, etc, instead we never see any of this and anakin even says something like "obi wan's gonna kill me cuz I keep losing lightsabers! lol"

if one of the key throughputs from the movies is the actual lightsaber of anakin -- which goes to luke in ANH -- shouldn't you treat this element with even a little thought? ugh my head hurts every time I try to think about anything in the prequels, I just don't get how they exist

Isn't there a deleted scene somewhere where he's deconstructing and reconstructing his lightsaber with the force

Although multiple lightsabers do make for cool shit like this

picgifs-star-wars-the-old-republic-24303.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom