• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
tumblr_niw764S8oV1qe5c4wo1_500.jpg

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Easy to sit there and talk shit when you've never served in the military and don't understand the personal sacrifices we make.

I have no recourse but to agree.

I've also never been in, for example, ISIS, and if someone from ISIS told me "you don't know how hard it is to do what I do and you've never served in militant group and we don't just reject the west but we also work closely with the locals to rebuild infrastructure" I would have to agree with that statement too.

Perhaps you will never understands my position because you don't care to try, and that is fine.

Plz no drama this Monday morning

DragonZ and Ceallach may be part of the military, but they're doing work to get that C.R.E.A.M and more in terms of benefits.

Also Ceallach probably knows how to use a revolver, which is more then most of us can say.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I have no recourse but to agree.

I've also never been in, for example, ISIS, and if someone from ISIS told me "you don't know how hard it is to do what I do and you've never served in militant group and we don't just reject the west but we also work closely with the locals to rebuild infrastructure" I would have to agree with that statement too.

Perhaps you will never understands my position because you don't care to try, and that is fine.

Because your position is infantile. You don't understand what we do at the most basic level. Protecting waterways, protecting air traffic, counterpiracy, humanitarian missions, you have no fucking idea and to even try to equate us to something like ISIS is so ignorant I don't have words. You have NO idea what we do. I personally have helped for Sri Lankan tsunami relief, helped deliver food and tents to pakistani earthquake victims, protected villages, helped run electricity to remote iraqi villages, and that is just the shit I have done, at my few commands. You don't know what a military does-it isn't all kicking in doors and dropping bombs, that is a small part of providing defense to our allies.

ANYWAYS. Back to uniforms for a bit, our aquaflage camo is to help hide grease and paint stains from working. It is in tones that hide that so you don't have to buy a new uniform after accidentally running into a fresh painted bulkhead or cleaning a .50 cal.

And yes, as far as unis go I have coveralls, 3 types of camo(aquaflage, desert, woodland), NSUs, dress whites and dress blues. It's ridiculous. On top of that I have to buy the new female dress blues and cover this year and if I make chief(E-7), I have to an entire new set of uniforms-_-

Halcyon

Plz no drama this Monday morning

DragonZ and Ceallach may be part of the military, but they're doing work to get that C.R.E.A.M and more in terms of benefits.

Also Ceallach probably knows how to use a revolver, which is more then most of us can say.

I own a Ruger GP100 and I have a concealed carry license along with a Springfield XDS45. I also used to shoot trap competitively.

yehaww I'm a redneck wheeehoooooooo

Also good morning everyone.

How was yours-alls weekends

Jobbs

Banned
I own a Ruger GP100 and I have a concealed carry license along with a Springfield XDS45. I also used to shoot trap competitively.

yehaww I'm a redneck wheeehoooooooo

Also good morning everyone.

How was yours-alls weekends

hi. I have a gun but I've never fired it and I'm physically afraid of it

my weekend was ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) followed by 乁(⩾ ͟ʖ⩽)ㄏ followed by 乁(◔‿‿◔)ㄏ followed by (Ꝋ෴Ꝋ)

I think it landed on (ง⇀╭╮↼)ง

Halcyon

hi. I have a gun but I've never fired it and I'm physically afraid of it

my weekend was ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) followed by 乁(⩾ ͟ʖ⩽)ㄏ followed by 乁(◔‿‿◔)ㄏ followed by (Ꝋ෴Ꝋ)

I like the last guy's mustache nose. If i'm ever in colombus I'll take you to the range and we can put your pistol through its paces. If you know what I mean. I'm talking about your dick.

Jobbs

Banned
I like the last guy's mustache nose. If i'm ever in colombus I'll take you to the range and we can put your pistol through its paces. If you know what I mean. I'm talking about your dick.

I don't know if it's safe to use. It hasn't been cleaned in a long time and if you pull the trigger it might explode.

Ceallach

Let's have a FakeGAF range day.

I'll bring my P228, 92FS and MK 23. I'll wear my SAMI shirt and yell at you guys for sucking for authenticity.

Halcyon

It was pretty uneventful which was good. Lots of dark souls 3 time. Did that 1 year old birthday party where I mostly hung out with grandma who rolled in with this rad whip

I have a batman sticker and a woman doing a yoga pose on the back of my car. I'm trying to figure out what to get that represents my daughter. Do they make diapers full of shit decals.

I'm very excited to watch some DS3 videos on youtube today.

I'll bring my P228, 92FS and MK 23. I'll wear my SAMI shirt and yell at you guys for sucking for authenticity.

I actually would really want this to happen. That sounds super fun.

Chuckie

That would actually be awesome. You could go full FMJ.

I live in the NEtherlands though... So it shall remain merely a dream.

Jobbs

Banned

I have an SP101 and a... uhhh.... old... shotgun? I'm not sure. it's basically the most simple shotgun ever and it has no real markings on it

they both belonged to my grampa

It was pretty uneventful which was good. Lots of dark souls 3 time. Did that 1 year old birthday party where I mostly hung out with grandma who rolled in with this rad whip

I finished out last night with sushi dinner with my roommates.

lmao

I wish my grandparents were progressive. But they're both kind of uh yikes overall.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Holy crap, what a day at work, this was like a day during summer. My back hurts, my arms hurt, managed to get a nice direct hit to my left knee...

I don't have a gun because I'm English and we don't have guns

Here in mainland EU, guns are regulated to the max, only sport shooters or hunters can have them. Stored in either police station safe or at the shooting range.

Halcyon

I have a strong distaste for guns. Unless they are nerf or super soaker variety

I go on a kick every once in awhile where I look at all the nerf guns. I've had this in my hand at the store a few times because it's like 7 dollars.

The problem is that I'm adult and I have absolutely no use for it other than just wanting it.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I go on a kick every once in awhile where I look at all the nerf guns. I've had this in my hand at the store a few times because it's like 7 dollars.

The problem is that I'm adult and I have absolutely no use for it other than just wanting it.

Buy it. I have it, and it's a badass Nerf gun. Shoots like 30 feet.
I'm also an adult, but I work at place with other adults who encourage Nerf fights.

FloatOn

lmao

I wish my grandparents were progressive. But they're both kind of uh yikes overall.

I should clarify. It wasn't my grandma. It was my friend's (the mother of the 1yr old) mom. But yeah she was super cool.

Guns are just tools, it's how you use them that matters. Education and safety is paramount.

Totally get that. I'm not passing judgment and I'm glad you have the views you do regarding them. I just feel uncomfortable using something that is designed to kill (for defense or otherwise)

Shoot your wife or child with it. Nerf is harmless. Also a few months ago a friend of mine used to hold house wide nerf battles. It was great.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Guns are just tools, like a hammer that will kill you if you accidentally hold it the wrong way, or a hammer that can kill someone from hundreds of meters away, or a hammer that can nail 600 nails per min, even through Kevlar.

Ceallach

So, ehm, are there any other occasions where you like to yell?

I'm the leading petty officer for combat systems gunnery division, I yell a lot. I have a lot of young dumb kids under my command. They mean well, but they fuck up a lot.

Halcyon

wait till your daughter gets a bit older and use her to justify buying all the toys you'd normally feel guilty buying

also do nerf wars with her

that's the plan. I also want to get a few of the big ones and give them Borderlands custom paint jobs.

Jobbs

Banned

hehehe

I had a reply typed up but I lost interested and deleted it. Who carez

I think it's cute that australia has their own little military

On an unrelated note I'm sorta entrenched in the reality of acting not always sounding the way you want it to in context with the game's art and presentation, which is an obstacle I run into fairly regularly given that most the acting performances were captured individually

I find myself editing and changing and outright cutting things once it's in the game just to try and make it less bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom