• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
I remember reading a study that says women prioritize sweet things and men prioritize savory things

So far fakegaf is bearing this out

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I think I like sweet better, but salty snacks won't rot away my teeth, so there. My parents spent way too much money on those braces.

would you rather give up sweet or salty snacks for the rest of the life?
this is something I really would rather die before deciding.

Purely snacks?

Salty, easy

If it was general food then I'd have a bit more difficulty deciding

I remember reading a study that says women prioritize sweet things and men prioritize savory things

So far fakegaf is bearing this out

FUCK THAT STUDY YO

Halcyon

My body composition is probably 70% Jack's Special Salsa and Blue Corn tortilla chips.

1aa26519f4ce72b2e691d8bc383bfad4.jpg
1SZIT1Ml.jpg

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Pft like ratings even mean anything to me.

Pure action movies of this era are rated very poorly and the "action star" of the 80s and 90s has been somewhat diminished. Tentpole blockbusters are all crazy setpiece movies based on toy and comic franchises.

Riddick was a great action flick, The F&F movies are awesome, The Last Witch Hunter was idiotic fun. I'm down with Vin being top five (at least) current action stars.

Nah fuck that.

Emily Blunt
Tom Hardy
Iko Uwais
Ethan Hawke
Jon Favreau

marrec

Banned
I never had braces. Thankfully my teeth aren't crooked at all.

My teeth are crooked as fuck, but my parents were too poor to get me braces and now my insurance doesn't cover it so I'M too poor to get me braces because they're like multiple thousands of dollars.

FML it makes me feel really insecure about my smile too.

Jobbs

Banned
Daisy Ridley =)

Emily Blunt, too

I prefer women heroes to men heroes in most my media. I feel absolutely no need or desire for the protagonist to "be like me", or to "be me". I'd rather just LIKE the protagonist, and it's generally easier to like women than men

(that's not to say I DISLIKE men - for example I love Jake Gyllnehaulauaul in just about anything)

Halcyon

My teeth are crooked as fuck, but my parents were too poor to get me braces and now my insurance doesn't cover it so I'M too poor to get me braces because they're like multiple thousands of dollars.

My bottom row of teeth are getting progressively more snaggle-toothed as fuck.

Since my top row are fine I just ignore it, but it's something I actively try to hide when I'm smiling.

My teeth are a good shape but I am really garbage at cleaning my teeth, I just always forget

Which I realise is my own fault and gross so pls don't have a go at me thx

:: commiserates ::

The only thing off about my smile is one of my top front teeth is pushed a bit back compared to the others and that's because the permanent tooth started coming before I'd yanked the baby tooth.

Yeah my teeth are fucked too , remembering forgetting to brush every other day last year so yeah I fucked up

I need a good mouth wash too, mine are garbage

Jobbs

Banned
My bottom row of teeth are getting progressively more snaggle-toothed as fuck.

Since my top row are fine I just ignore it, but it's something I actively try to hide when I'm smiling.

I'm most self conscious about the bottom row as well. The two middle teeth on the bottom bend in a bit, because my brother threw a telephone book and it hit me in the mouth when I was a teenager

On the bright side my teeth are healthy, I have no cavities and all my teethies are intact, so let us count our blessings

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Ethan Hawke and Favreau? In what movies?
Favreau is the fat chef from that movie right?

Hawke was badass once upon a time. Training Day, Assault on Precinct 13, and he's about to be in The Magnificent Seven and Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.

Favreau is in there because literally anyone else other than Vin Diesel.

Chuckie

Daisy Ridley =)

Emily Blunt, too

I prefer women heroes to men heroes in most my media. I feel absolutely no need or desire for the protagonist to "be like me", or to "be me". I'd rather just LIKE the protagonist, and it's generally easier to like women than men

(that's not to say I DISLIKE men - for example I love Jake Gyllnehaulauaul in just about anything)

I prefer women action heroes too. Because I think women kicking ass are fucking hot.

Jobbs

Banned
I prefer women action heroes too. Because I think women kicking ass are fucking hot.

I find some men very charismatic (tom hardy, jake gylenehhaul, etc) but generally I think I just dislike male bravado and testosterone and alpha stuff, I find it off putting, so women leads are by default better for me

Misha

Banned
do you ever respond to a thread then regret responding because you know you're going to have to keep responding to people?

Xiao Hu

My teeth are almost perfect. But when I was a child I jumped on the metal frame of a trampoline so the lover jaw is a little bit 'uneven'.

Halcyon

I'm most self conscious about the bottom row as well. The two middle teeth on the bottom bend in a bit, because my brother threw a telephone book and it hit me in the mouth when I was a teenager

I just took a picture of mine because I was gonna show them, and they're so fucked up that I got angry and deleted it.

FloatOn

do you also make your player character in rpgs female Jobbs?

just curious, because I have a friend that does this.

I have some kind of mental wall that prevents me because I like to be able to relate to the character I'm playing as in some kind of way. I'm not sure what this says about me psychologically.

marrec

Banned
Yeah my teeth are fucked too , remembering forgetting to brush every other day last year so yeah I fucked up

I need a good mouth wash too, mine are garbage

Don't get an alcohol based one, get one with lots of fluoride, and don't rinse after using the mouthwash.

:: commiserates ::

The only thing off about my smile is one of my top front teeth is pushed a bit back compared to the others and that's because the permanent tooth started coming before I'd yanked the baby tooth.

Ugh. I need to buckle down and just put some braces on credit and stop being such a baby about it. It's really the only thing I'm self-conscious about per my looks. Last year when I was going hard on twitter abusers the only thing they could come at me with that would ever make me pause was my damn teeth.

It sucks even more because I'm a fairly jovial guy, can't help but laugh at stuff.

Jobbs

Banned

I have some kind of mental wall that prevents me because I like to be able to relate to the character I'm playing as in some kind of way. I'm not sure what this says about me psychologically.

yes, always. I strongly prefer playing female characters in games. I have no desire to "be" the character, so it just comes down to who I want to spend my time with.

My teeth are almost perfect. But when I was a child I jumped on the metal frame of a trampoline so the lover jaw is a little bit 'uneven'.

PastelOptimalAnglerfish.gif

Misha

Banned

I actually have to play woman characters in order to to have more diverse personalities. with men characters i just play the same character everytime (neutral good, ranger, human or half elf, somewhat passive/cautious)

Misha, you don't post in a Gaming side thread. That's like rule #1 of avoiding headaches on here.

I've done it plenty.

Mainly did it in Mass Effect due to the complete lack of gay male romance options (apart from the third game.) Same deal with Dragon Age Origins but because I didn't like the gay male romance options. Also, have a female Blood Elf mage in WoW that would always get hit on by neckbeards, and then I'd make their dicks recoil in horror when I told them I'm a guy.

Jobbs

Banned
Misha, you don't post in a Gaming side thread. That's like rule #1 of avoiding headaches on here.

I've done it plenty.

Mainly did it in Mass Effect due to the complete lack of gay male romance options (apart from the third game.) Same deal with Dragon Age Origins but because I didn't like the gay male romance options. Also, have a female Blood Elf mage in WoW that would always get hit on by neckbeards, and then I'd make their dicks recoil in horror when I told them I'm a guy.

Women also tend to be more interesting in games. As Misha seemed to be saying -- Male leads are either smart alecs or gruff mctoughguy or brooding mcdouche or some mix of those three things. Imagine a triangle with one of those on each point and then just place the marker in the triangle somewhere.

Female Shepherd's voice acting was so much better than male shep it made the entire experience more depthful

group and organizational behavior final exam grade came in

I get sexual satisfaction from this

this is nice and all, but, like.. it says you missed one. what's that about?

marrec

Banned
Women also tend to be more interesting in games. As Misha seemed to be saying -- Male leads are either smart alecs or gruff mctoughguy or brooding mcdouche or some mix of those three things. Imagine a triangle with one of those on each point and then just place the marker in the triangle somewhere.

Female Shepherd's voice acting was so much better than male shep it made the entire experience more depthful

They're all mostly forgettable tbh, FemShep stands out simply because of her voice acting but it's not like her character was any better than ManShep.

If character creation is available I usually toy around a bit but never get in depth and I always just make a generic white dude.

If it's character selection I'll eventually try them all.

Jobbs

Banned
They're all mostly forgettable tbh, FemShep stands out simply because of her voice acting but it's not like her character was any better than ManShep.

If character creation is available I usually toy around a bit but never get in depth and I always just make a generic white dude.

If it's character selection I'll eventually try them all.

I absolutely adored playing as Ellie, she seemed like a human being and I cared what happened to her

CARING what happens to a character in a video game? It's so fucking rare

Misha

Banned
but those idiots need to know how dumb they are.

I did learn recently something about why a lot of men don't care about the women in games. its not exactly that they don't care, its that they have a completely different interpretation of how it is than reality.

bunk-the-wire.gif

marrec

Banned
I absolutely adored playing as Ellie, she seemed like a human being and I cared what happened to her

CARING what happens to a character in a video game? It's so fucking rare

The first half of that snowy level with Ellie was the apex of that game. Just the fucking best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom