• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
this is easier (quote to see)

if anyone can't get one after this just let me know

remember this hasn't been updated in a fuckin' year, you assholes. it ain't gonna be all that great (the game also looks a lot sharper now). there's also a lot the game doesn't explain (which is sometimes fine). e.g., you must break walls and ceilings and stuff to progress/find secrets/etc.

Will try to claim one after work. Just got changed and stopping by Peck and Pour with the girls after work. Bout to enjoy some cheese fries and a Raspberry Stout

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
me finding a tattoo update: still didn't find a tattoo

the end

FloatOn

I want to get a ghibli tattoo but I'm dragging my feet because it has to be awesome and that requires work to find the idea and the person to do it

please get this on your left ass cheek

964ba081116eec9637556ae26ef85e66371ad097_hq.jpg

Halcyon

I want to at some point finish up my batman tattoo and maybe throw my daughters name on there somewhere.

Maybe get one of those classy tear-drop face tattoos because I've killed a man just to watch him die.

Misha

Banned
I want to at some point finish up my batman tattoo and maybe throw my daughters name on there somewhere.

Maybe get one of those classy tear-drop face tattoos because I've killed a man just to watch him die.

of course if you're doing a batman theme you need to get damaged on your forehead

Jobbs

Banned

I also want to get an MM tattoo somewhere

(my nieces -- madison and mckenna)

please get this on your left ass cheek

this is one of the few ghibli things that I don't like the design of

trackpads are somehow worse for programming than they are for shooters

:: whistles ::

Use vim!

Doing what you want is just putting the cursor at the start and typing v $ y

/not all that helpful cantankerous programmer

Can't you hold shift and hit your platforms' key(-combo) for the end of the line?

Misha

Banned
:: whistles ::

Use vim!

Doing what you want is just putting the cursor at the start and typing v $ y

/not all that helpful cantankerous programmer

Can't you hold shift and hit your platforms' key(-combo) for the end of the line?

alt+shift+arrow does work for doing it word by work but I like doing things with my mouse. really not a fan of key combinations

Halcyon

I also want to get an MM tattoo somewhere

(my nieces -- madison and mckenna)

I feel like a terrible uncle when you speak with such zeal about your nieces. I just wish my nephew wasn't such a cocky prick like his whore mother sometimes.

Jobbs

Banned
I feel like a terrible uncle when you speak with such zeal about your nieces. I just wish my nephew wasn't such a cocky prick like his whore mother sometimes.

this made me laugh out loud

my nieces are so sweet and funny and creative and cute

it's a roll of the dice. some little kids are boring or assholes or whatever.

zeemumu

I considered waiting until they've perfected blacklight tattoos and getting a triforce one on my hand with the courage piece glowing. It's stupid but I'd probably love it.
I love when people take my shitposts seriously.

I never shitpost

tumblr_mjezmhPhH61relxa7o1_500.gif

a1Y66mw_700b.jpg

I'm just kiddin' Windam. You know we love you.

zeemumu

I finished my multivariable calculus stuff and then took a 2 hour break to play DS3. One Lord of Cinder came willingly so he gets to live (unless I decide to kill him for whatever reason), so technically 3 Lords of Cinder down, 2 to go, and I left off at one of them. I think I'm almost done with the game.

Jobbs

Banned
I finished my multivariable calculus stuff and then took a 2 hour break to play DS3. One Lord of Cinder came willingly so he gets to live (unless I decide to kill him for whatever reason), so technically 3 Lords of Cinder down, 2 to go, and I left off at one of them. I think I'm almost done with the game.

did you beat the p
ontiff guy with the two swords without summoning? because I'm starting to wonder if it's possible

zeemumu

did you beat the p
ontiff guy with the two swords without summoning? because I'm starting to wonder if it's possible

Yep, first try. His fire sword is extremely unreliable. if you stand directly in front of him, he has a chance to miss entirely.

shield up, don't stop swinging until you need to dodge. When you're out of stamina, back off, but never let up completely. If you're lucky you can get him and his after-image to clump together and hit them both.

I left off at
Aldrich.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Every single GAF member

yW4SiVH.gif

zeemumu

HE HAS AN AFTERIMAGE? FUCK ME.

Oh...yeah, you're gonna have a bad time. But don't lose hope. If you went heavy you may want to consider a lighter, faster character build. I started with mercenary so my build is average level of protection. I prioritize being able to strike multiple times and then retreat, or if I'm feeling ballsy I'll strafe around the boss instead of retreating and wait for them to do a sweep before putting my shield up. That's what I did for
Yhorm the Giant minus the shield because you ain't blockin' that shit.
I only go heavy for bosses that can't be dodged effectively, like Gwyn in DS1, who is too fast for most dodging and stamina management.

Remember, the secret to most fights is never getting hit. Unless it's
Crystal Sage. Then it's kill him before he kills you.

Doing a page an hour on this essay until I'm done. 3 more to go.

Man, as much as I genuinely loathe Star Fox Zero, because it's StarFox. I find the comments about Ninty should be third party kinda eye rolly tbh.

Eventually, I will be happy with whatever they come out, if it's cheap but innovative.

With how bad they fucked up last year's E3, I'am not hopeful or anything. But please Ninty give me a reason to care again.

Finally joining the DS3 party this afternoon when I get back from work.

Might do some vertex painting work on a new character but <shrug>

Edit : that shitposting gif. That's probably my posts haha I don't ever have anything interesting to add and my posts are random spewings of thought process

Jobbs

Banned
I used a mac in the 90s and initially hated the 2/3 button mouse. I've come around though

just think of jobbs' posts and assume its like that

basically not malicious enough to be troll posts but just sorta don't contribute anything.

eh?

I think shitposting is more like a driveby thing.

I'm interactive. Interact with me.

jb1234

Oh...yeah, you're gonna have a bad time. But don't lose hope. If you went heavy you may want to consider a lighter, faster character build. I started with mercenary so my build is average level of protection. I prioritize being able to strike multiple times and then retreat, or if I'm feeling ballsy I'll strafe around the boss instead of retreating and wait for them to do a sweep before putting my shield up. That's what I did for
Yhorm the Giant minus the shield because you ain't blockin' that shit.
I only go heavy for bosses that can't be dodged effectively, like Gwyn in DS1, who is too fast for most dodging and stamina management.

Remember, the secret to most fights is never getting hit. Unless it's
Crystal Sage. Then it's kill him before he kills you.

I'm definitely a STR build but I keep my load under 70%, which gives me decent dodges. And I dodge a lot, believe me. :p I just have to get used to this guy's moveset. And maybe bring along some fire-resistant gear.

zeemumu

I'm definitely a STR build but I keep my load under 70%, which gives me decent dodges. And I dodge a lot, believe me. :p I just have to get used to this guy's moveset. And maybe bring along some fire-resistant gear.

Did you already fight those enemies who
lower your max health bar in the dungeon?

zeemumu

Nah, I haven't been to the
dungeon
yet, although I did discover it. And those sound terrifying. :|

The area is basically full of these women with branding irons who can decrease you maximum health to the point where you can die in a single hit, and those skeletons from the Cathedral of the Deep graveyard are wandering around. Also if you're doing Siegward's quest, there' s a sewer system next to the dungeon entrance bonfire (distant mansion). If you find the stairs and go into a kitchen, he'll be in there. But only if you did the stuff in the other two areas and gave him back his armor in that well outside of the cleansing church bonfire.

jb1234

The area is basically full of these women with branding irons who can decrease you maximum health to the point where you can die in a single hit, and those skeletons from the Cathedral of the Deep graveyard are wandering around. Also if you're doing Siegward's quest, there' s a sewer system next to the dungeon entrance bonfire (distant mansion). If you find the stairs and go into a kitchen, he'll be in there. But only if you did the stuff in the other two areas and gave him back his armor in that well outside of the cleansing church bonfire.

WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO US? Well, at least Feng will soon share our pain.

Jobbs

Banned
Sure sure

I said I like shitposting *you* =)

and that was only a phase anyway, I got bored of saying stuff was bad without substantiation. If you notice in recent history if I say something bad it's because I believe it and I can talk about why.

WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO US? Well, at least Feng will soon share our pain.

look dis http://www.gfycat.com/InferiorVainBongo that's what I use. faith build, glowy weapons with my dark buff miracle

this weapon, glaive, feels like using the hunter axe in bloodborne

Main questline (marked by gold symbol): Track down the alien Pei-Sklu and get the antidote from him!

:: quest timer ::

t1461021300z1.png

I thought this was a fantasy game now it's SciFi!?

The deepest lore

Wait a minu--- <a million UI affects pop up on screen> this isn't what I wanted!

Edit : JB, I'M NERVOUS. I'm going in blind (I don't know how I managed blackout for this long), is there a pyromancy option in 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom