• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im this kind of player
812cff5079.gif

Symphonia

Banned
What better way to piss away the sorry excuse of a life I have than by drowning it in a bottle of whiskey every night? And tonight, might mix it up with a raid in the pill cabinet, see what I can find. The best part? I'm so fucking alone that no one would find me. Nobody would even fucking notice my lack of presence. Why would they then they don't even acknowledge my existence?

Just spyware, adware and stole all your credit cards info

Jokes on you! There's....no money in that card. Ever. Haha

Yup! It'll be okay. I'm not finding the game as difficult as the other two so far (although I still die plenty on average).

Oh shit, hype rising!

What better way to piss away the sorry excuse of a life I have than by drowning it in a bottle of whiskey every night? And tonight, might mix it up with a raid in the pill cabinet, see what I can find. The best part? I'm so fucking alone that no one would find me. Nobody would even fucking notice my lack of presence. Why would they then they don't even acknowledge my existence?

We would :( if you can't call anyone, mine and a bunch of peoples inboxes are open to vent to. Always

Jobbs

Banned

Seek help

Vazra

You need to find someone to talk to. Don't go there. Don't take permanent solutions to temporary problems.

jb1234

I can't speak for your situation but as someone who has grappled with severe depression over half of his life (and been on the verge of suicide more times than I can count), call a suicide hotline. They're trained to help you. There's no shame in needing it. A close friend who struggles with his mental health describes it as taking things one step at a time, one day at a time. I've gotten a certain amount of comfort from that mindset.

Oh shit, hype rising!

YUP! I'm excited to hear about your progress in the game.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
You say this, but people would.

In my darkest, most suicidal moments, the realization that people cared about me to some degree was the source of my most conflicting thoughts, as my depression so deeply wanted to justify itself and tell me otherwise. In the recesses of your mind, you know this isn't true - and it clashes with your desire to end it all. That's your humanity speaking, the part of yourself that you should listen to.

The fact that you post here is evidence enough. We converse and have discourse with each other that is recognized on both ends as meaningful and fulfilling to some extent, even if a very small one.

Love you, man. We don't know each other very well, so sorry if that's a powerful word. But I understand your plight, and even your desire for temporary and permanent solutions that are less than ideal, and I earnestly beg you - don't be foolish.

Misha

Banned
I said I like shitposting *you* =)

and that was only a phase anyway, I got bored of saying stuff was bad without substantiation. If you notice in recent history if I say something bad it's because I believe it and I can talk about why.
Tbh I should have edited that post down more

Dood, please be safe

*hug*

Feng's right, we'd notice

EDIT: Seriously, look how many of us have immediately responded. You're rad and this response shows how much we all care about you

Halcyon

Symp. I've felt that kind of despair. You can probably find some old drunk thread post of mine that echoed the same thoughts. I called somebody and I got some help and I think you should too.

zeemumu

We'd all miss you, Symphonia. Don't do anything extreme, okay? Just talk to someone. It'll help

Clydefrog

Symphonia, man, you are able to escape depression and change things. You need to see someone, call someone, do something to get the ball rolling. The sooner you do this, the sooner you can get out of this state you're in. We'll be here for you.

Jobbs

Banned
Seek help. I hope the curtness of my post wasn't mistaken for callousness. But it sounds like you urgently need professional help.

Things can and will get better if you get help.

Vazra

I can't. I'm sorry.

Symphonia please don't do that. It's a bad time and you are only looking at the current negatives instead of the positive things out there for you. There is people who cares about you and even if we are not local friends we do care about you and you can talk with us. Please talk with us.

I can't. I'm sorry.

Symphonia, I don't know if this is gonna matter or help but I'll post it anyway.

I used to struggle with extremely bad depression, eventually leading to thoughts of ending it. I felt closed in, hopeless and angry.
But I came to realize that by validating those thoughts means that all it does it restrict the chance of things getting better to 0.

It's a gamble, especially at that point when you can't see into the future but looking back, I'm glad I did.

I hope you come to the same conclusion too.
For what it's worth, we all love you.

Jobbs

Banned
I can't. I'm sorry.

Don't be foolish, of course you can. Get over your stupid pride and get help. The threats of self harm you're making are serious and they mean you need professional help. Go to a hospital or call a suicide hotline, don't be alone.

FloatOn

Yo symphonia. What exactly is the problem?

You don't have to talk to us about it but I think it will help.

Sometimes when you vocalize a problem the solution comes easier.

ryseing

Yo symphonia. What exactly is the problem?

You don't have to talk to us about it but I think it will help.

Sometimes when you vocalize a problem the solution comes easier.

Writing your problems out is surprisingly effective.

Symphonia I encourage you to do so. It's like leeching the pain out of your body but instead you're doing it onto the page.

It was uncommonly warm today, and looks like it will be again tomorrow and the day after before returning to springtime freshness. I don't even have the standing to say I'm just glistening right now, it's full on drench sweat. Gonna have to take a light shower and redo my makeup before heading out for the night.

I'm not sure if I'll get back into Dark Souls anytime soon. I'm coming to realize I enjoy watching others play it more than going through the toils myself. I don't know what that says about me (especially as a game designer), but it's easier not to think about it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Someone who kept asking me out in college is now engaged to a woman.

jb1234

Any update?

I'm concerned

No. :(

It was uncommonly warm today, and looks like it will be again tomorrow and the day after before returning to springtime freshness. I don't even have the standing to say I'm just glistening right now, it's full on drench sweat. Gonna have to take a light shower and redo my makeup before heading out for the night.

It made it to 89 in Seattle today. It was wretched. No one has AC here.

Xiao Hu

He won't do anything otherwise no point in announcing it. Symphonia knows that we're here for him and will always listen to his sorrows. Hell, if I was in England right now I would drive over to him, have a nice midnight meal and talk things over. Now I can only offer my inbox if you want another friend to talk to :)

He won't do anything otherwise no point in announcing it. Symphonia knows that we're here for him and will always listen to his sorrows. Hell, if I was in England right now I would drive over to him, have a nice midnight meal and talk things over. Now I can only offer my inbox if you want another friend to talk to :)

yeah, I've reached out to him as well. If he wants to open up or receive our help he will.

Someone who kept asking me out in college is now engaged to a woman.

I knew some guys like that. One of my friends in high school, three of her exes each came out as gay shortly after breaking up with her. We joked that she must be awful and forever turning guys off the straight path.

I'm so jealous

This scripted sequence came out a bit more slapstick than I originally envisioned, but I don't know what to do about it now, since the story stuff cascades from it

http://gfycat.com/InfinitePalatableInexpectatumpleco

Jealous why? It's just a bit of mascara and I might repencil my eyebrows.

Also that character sequence looks a little conspicuous with how little flailing happens as the two drop into the pit :p

It made it to 89 in Seattle today. It was wretched. No one has AC here.

Yikes! Why no AC? Is it just uncommon for the temperature to reach that high?

Jobbs

Banned
Jealous why? It's just a bit of mascara and I might repencil my eyebrows.

Also that character sequence looks a little conspicuous with how little flailing happens as the two drop into the pit :p

Right now they're just using standard jump/fall animations and just using the same standard physics as gameplay. I haven't so far made a lot of custom story animations for the characters. I'll look to adding that sort of polish later as time permits.

Halcyon

The baby was only fussy half the evening so far. Winning.

I've been watching Pewdiepie play DS3 and a lesser Youtuber. Also winning.

Misha

Banned
I knew some guys like that. One of my friends in high school, three of her exes each came out as gay shortly after breaking up with her. We joked that she must be awful and forever turning guys off the straight path.

my sister is having that problem. 2/3 at least so far. the third one is recent though so we'll see

jb1234

Yikes! Why no AC? Is it just uncommon for the temperature to reach that high?

It used to be but it's been getting hotter and hotter the last several years. Last winter broke all rain records, the summer before broke all heat records. And today was the hottest day April has had here in all recorded history.

Right now they're just using standard jump/fall animations and just using the same standard physics as gameplay. I haven't so far made a lot of custom story animations for the characters. I'll look to adding that sort of polish later as time permits.

This is why I'm going to do my very best to avoid cutscenes in the game. Ten hours of work for five seconds of screentime just feels so wrong.

my sister is having that problem. 2/3 at least so far. the third one is recent though so we'll see

Not to be brusque, but is your sister super hot and/or a tomboy?

The girl I knew was easily the hottest girl in our social circle at the time (I looked like a goober in high school comparatively), and she had an affection for effeminate men while also being the most obnoxious tomboy I knew. I don't want to generalize too much, but my pet theory is that most of her traits made her very attractive to young gay men who were uncomfortable with their sexuality and wanted to prove to themselves that or others that they were not gay.

Now she's married to some ultra machismo super marine or something. Go figure.

Jobbs

Banned
Is this related to all the dicpics you were sending earlier.

I sent exactly zero

Doing some late night fucking tonight?

probably not

This is why I'm going to do my very best to avoid cutscenes in the game. Ten hours of work for five seconds of screentime just feels so wrong.

trust me there's a lot I'd do different.. I'm sticking to my guns on the story elements, but if I had it to do over it'd be more minimalist in that regard

SolVanderlyn

I shouldn't laugh but holy shit his hairline.
Makes me feel way better about mine.

Also I hope I didn't turn the girl gay. I rejected her like 5 times. Not because I didn't like her - I did, and we stayed friends until even now - but because I wasn't looking for a relationship at the time.

Sort of tangential to the topic, but you never know the effect you have on people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom