• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I've talked about this before, but what is it with pharmacists being hot women? It's such a common thing, at least in my experience

If you don't want to make games maybe try pharmacy school
My pharmacy is staffed by three young ladies and they are all total cutiepies.

I say it's time to investigate this matter.

I'm no one's favorite person. Not even my own. But I have the ability to noticeably improve someone's day so it evens out.

Same

I was going to say only the first 2 sentences but then I remembered I made marrec laugh once so maybe the third sentence too

Though thinking about it I think him laughing also meant he spilled coffee over his keyboard

So maybe not

FloatOn

Hot pharmacist helped me refill my prescription. Didn't give me her number though.

Maybe I should start making games.

right?

when I first got sick (I don't think I told you guys this story), I had a hot nurse of my own. I was in the ER for a week and she was my night nurse. She was a nerdy girl trapped in the body of a surfer. Long hair, tats, glasses, tan. Through the week, things seemed promising. She would hang around my room and chat with me about various things. I would let her stick needles in me. One night, she left and I thought she was done with her shift. But she came back with her phone number written on a note card. We texted a bit the next day. But then she ghosted on me.

A month or so later facebook was suggesting friends to me and I guess since I had her number she showed up. I looked at her page and there were photos of a sonogram. Apparently, she got knocked up while she was flirting with me in my hospital stay. My theory is that she was having cold feet with the baby daddy and I had provided a brief respite from her incomming life-change.

I'm no one's favorite person. Not even my own. But I have the ability to noticeably improve someone's day so it evens out.

you are cool by me! I enjoy reading about your dark souls adventures

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I've talked about this before, but what is it with pharmacists being hot women? It's such a common thing, at least in my experience

While I agree on the grand scale, this was a fluke at this Target. Usually it's a middle aged man or some very old ladies. This girl had tattoos, rings, and piercings. She stood out entirely.

Misha

Banned

it seems like biology is the science that a lot of girls go for and pharmacy is the natural practical step if you don't straight up want to be a doctor.

i heard though that its not worth getting into these days since theres way more people trying to get in than they need

i have two female counsins who are getting into pharmacy so i got to hear a bit about it

Jobbs

Banned
My god the self loathing in here!

My pharmacy is staffed by three young ladies and they are all total cutiepies.

I say it's time to investigate this matter.

Sexually active women gravitate towards the profession because that's where all the pills are..? I dunno

zeemumu

Same

I was going to say only the first 2 sentences but then I remembered I made marrec laugh once so maybe the third sentence too

Though thinking about it I think him laughing also meant he spilled coffee over his keyboard

So maybe not

It's a weird form of anti nihilism that I took on. I'm no one's favorite person, probably won't be, and have noticed that trying to be someone's favorite person can wreck your sense of self if you aren't careful, so I decided "fuck it, being the most positive influence in someone's life isn't working out and seems like a pointless venture so I'll settle for being a positive influence in general."

Chuckie

Gotham is fucking awesome. I love about everything in it

The Penguin
The Riddler
Hugo Strange

And I worship Tabitha....too bad she hasn't really had a big part anymore for a while now.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Pharmacists and elementary/middle school English teachers.

Magnet professions for hot people.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
My god the self loathing in here!

Sexually active women gravitate towards the profession because that's where all the pills are..? I dunno

Well, Hospital Corpsmen in the Navy are predominantly female. And lots of them are really cute. So girls like pills confirmed?

It's a weird form of anti nihilism that I took on. I'm no one's favorite person, probably won't be, and have noticed that trying to be someone's favorite person can wreck your sense of self if you aren't careful, so I decided "fuck it, being the most positive influence in someone's life isn't working out and seems like a pointless venture so I'll settle for being a positive influence in general."

Seems a good plan

I just always seem to be a bit less interesting/funny/whatever than anyone else, so *shrug*

Ceallach

Gaming side is pissing me off, I'm so sick of all these goddamn X Box One 2 and PS4 neo speculative threads and shit

Granadier

My biased opinion is that attractive people are more confident, and confident people will strive towards the more difficult professions (engineering, science).
There definitely seems to be a bias for woman towards science though, specifically the biological fields. Engineering has tons of opportunities and hopefully women continue moving into those fields as well. Not to say that the science disciplines are less rewarding or demanding (my best friends girlfriend is going for biotech. I don't envy her), but the engineering side is far less saturated and could use some more diversity.

Halcyon

Gaming side is pissing me off, I'm so sick of all these goddamn X Box One 2 and PS4 neo speculative threads and shit

I really don't venture outside of my sub box. I also don't really find reddit all that interesting either.

I got roped into a diet thread in OT where I was arguing with this insane person then I realized that I just don't care.

Jobbs

Banned

I mainly use the Gaming Side to rail against Nintendo these days.. I noticed that's most of what my gaming posts have been lately

And to this day it takes effort to read "Corps" and say "Core"

language teachers for some reason seem to be pretty attractive. (either that or really old)

My algebra 2 teacher was so sexy.. One time she sat on my desk to talk to me after class and I got so hard from that that I didn't know how ot get out of the room after she was done

Uncontrollable hardness, at least in my experience, was an occasional actual problem as a teenager, it's very rarely a thing later in life though

Granadier

I really don't venture outside of my sub box. I also don't really find reddit all that interesting either.

I got roped into a diet thread in OT where I was arguing with this insane person then I realized that I just don't care.

Yep. I'm the same as Halcyon. My subs are my home. The only times I venture out is if I am looking for some news or something.

Also, reddit became much better once I filtered out all of the political subs. It's still a shitty place most of the time, but has some entertainment once in awhile.

Ceallach

I mainly use the Gaming Side to rail against Nintendo these days.. I noticed that's most of what my gaming posts have been lately

And to this day it takes effort to read "Corps" and say "Core"

I'm a huge Ninty fangirl. They just feel like the last real gaming company. I don't go anywhere without my 3DS in my purse.

Halcyon

Yep. I'm the same as Halcyon. My subs are my home. The only times I venture out is if I am looking for some news or something.

Also, reddit became much better once I filtered out all of the political subs. It's still a shitty place most of the time, but has some entertainment once in awhile.

I need to do that. I don't know how I guess so I get on there and it's just like nonstop Sanders/Trump bullshit with an occasional gif that is sorta funny.

there was this one guy I was regularly messaging on okcupid. I wanted to reply to his latest message but the site told me his inbox is full so he wouldn't see it unless I pay for it >:l or he deletes some messages. guess it's up to fate now cause I'm not paying for anything.

Misha

Banned
My biased opinion is that attractive people are more confident, and confident people will strive towards the more difficult professions (engineering, science).
There definitely seems to be a bias for woman towards science though, specifically the biological fields. Engineering has tons of opportunities and hopefully women continue moving into those fields as well. Not to say that the science disciplines are less rewarding or demanding (my best friends girlfriend is going for biotech. I don't envy her), but the engineering side is far less saturated and could use some more diversity.
though theres probably a lot of numbers giving definitive answers, here's my guess of what has the highest ratio of women to men(majors/fields are based on whatever came up in my head)

early education>psych>english>education>natural sciences>arts>languages>marketing>sociology>economics>business>statistics>physical sciences>maths>IT>>>engineering>>computer science

there was this one guy I was regularly messaging on okcupid. I wanted to reply to his latest message but the site told me his inbox is full so he wouldn't see it unless I pay for it >:l or he deletes some messages. guess it's up to fate now cause I'm not paying for anything.

he's actually a plant from ok cupid to get you to pay

Halcyon

he's actually a plant from ok cupid to get you to pay

I've hacked into trab's phone and copied his profile picture.

david-david-hasselhoff-28104576-400-300.jpg

Granadier

I need to do that. I don't know how I guess so I get on there and it's just like nonstop Sanders/Trump bullshit with an occasional gif that is sorta funny.

If you download their new reddit app they will give you three months of gold (which is required for filtering on desktop, smh)

Otherwise I use the AlienBlue app on my phone and setup the filters through that.

though theres probably a lot of numbers giving definitive answers, here's my guess of what has the highest ratio of women to men(majors/fields are based on whatever came up in my head)

early education>psych>english>education>natural sciences>arts>languages>marketing>sociology>economics>business>statistics>physical sciences>maths>IT>>>engineering>>computer science

Based on anecdotal information from my friends and conversations at university....I would agree with you.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm a huge Ninty fangirl. They just feel like the last real gaming company. I don't go anywhere without my 3DS in my purse.

Oh, I am a lifelong Nintendo fan, it's why I rail against them for the dumb shit they do and the horribly disappointing missed opportunities

that is so manipulative

if it were me and I liked the guy I'd probably just pay, why let a few bucks stand in the way of something like that

Ceallach

I would never ever pay into one of those things. You used to have to pay plenty of fish for certain filtering options.

marrec

Banned
Jeez I go into one meeting and you guys fill the page.

Anyway, Bastion was middling. The visuals and music were great and the narration was cool (if slightly annoying) but the gameplay wasn't fun and it was a struggle to finish because of it.

Transistor though was better in every way. One of the best games released in this generation.

Misha

Banned
i think i perfected the blank stare of looking like i'm engrossed in work

its a big men's club unfortunately

tbf something like sports management would probably be even worse but its not like thats a legitimate degree or anything
I would never ever pay into one of those things. You used to have to pay plenty of fish for certain filtering options.

you still do on ok cupid

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I still regularly go to gaming side. Gaming and OT are like two different communities, but I do see some users overlap frequently.

I have no hesitation in paying to support platforms I believe in and need (not saying I believe in nor need OKCupid), but my hesitation here would be why is he hanging on to old messages? Do they bolster his ego that much that he'd sacrifice new conversations, does he have dozens and dozens of irons in the flame, or what?

Ceallach

What if the individual has both money and dick?
Give me his number

I have no hesitation in paying to support platforms I believe in and need (not saying I believe in nor need OKCupid), but my hesitation here would be why is he hanging on to old messages? Do they bolster his ego that much that he'd sacrifice new conversations, does he have dozens and dozens of irons in the flame, or what?

This is a great question, does he hold on to them for validation or is he maybe blasting out messages to so many women his box is filling up
but unfortunately not yours

Lazyboy?

Jobbs

Banned
Truer words have never been spoken

OKCupid costs $10 a month. That's easily in impulse purchase range. If you take a friend to Starbucks you could easily spend that or more.

If I had someone I liked and I wanted to keep talking to them, I could see springing for it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is a great question, does he hold on to them for validation or is he maybe blasting out messages to so many women his box is filling up

he probably doesn't know that it's full. that's my assumption.

if he gets a notification that he can't receive trab's messages because his thing is full, then yeah, don't pay. because then he knows and the ball is in his court

Misha

Banned
\

my thought is he just never deleted a single message and went through several longish conversations. or at least i'd think thats the occam's razor of this situation

Ceallach

OKCupid costs $10 a month. That's easily in impulse purchase range. If you take a friend to Starbucks you could easily spend that or more.

If I had someone I liked and I wanted to keep talking to them, I could see springing for it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dick is plentiful, way more supply than demand, no need to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom