• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

personally I'm uncomfortable at the idea of someone decently older than me being interested in me. I was actually just complaining about this yesterday :p

depending on what state you can work before 16. but you can't work more than 20 hours a week and can't work with certain equipment
i doubt a place like wawa would hire someone younger than 16 tho. its usually small local businesses hiring people they already know

I see a lot of wawas in here though. I don't think they're a small local business though.

Also, why do you feel uncomfortable around someone older being interested in you? What part of it makes you feel uncomfortable? I find it interesting.

So you're actually Lana Del Rey?

No, but what I'm saying is that as society we are often scared of age gaps, without realizing that they're just mental barriers.

JEHAzAB.gif

<3

You're cooking again?

You shouldn't have. You really shouldn't have.

Misha

Banned
I see a lot of wawas in here though. I don't think they're a small local business though.

Also, why do you feel uncomfortable around someone older being interested in you? What part of it makes you feel uncomfortable? I find it interesting.

I mean not everyone fits them but...
I'm generally wary of their intentions. If they seem to be specifically looking for someone younger, its very questionable
Can't remember the last time I've had a good conversation with someone over 40. Theres just a huge disconnect (plus I often need to speak loud or slowly) and their jokes seem to be really bad(I wouldn't expect this to be an age thing but it seems to happen way too often)
They look worse. no offense but wrinkles+grey hair+flab+baldness don't exactly do it for me

I had more but I got sidetracked and forgot

Halcyon

Is there a word for someone who thinks blue eyes are the best eyes and sexiest eyes?

Like is there a blue eyed fetish word.

Is it nazi.

No, but what I'm saying is that as society we are often scared of age gaps, without realizing that they're just mental barriers.

Eh, there are outliers. But the bigger the age gap the higher the chance of incompatibility in my experience. It's a good if vague way to gauge potential compatibility. Someone who's 18 and someone who's in their mid 40s aren't going to have much in common given the stages they are in life.

Do you remember the fanfic I wrote about you and Steven and the slime?

I fucking win, bitch.

Nooooooooooooooooo.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm generally wary of their intentions. If they seem to be specifically looking for someone younger, its very questionable
Can't remember the last time I've had a good conversation with someone over 40. Theres just a huge disconnect (plus I often need to speak loud or slowly) and their jokes seem to be really bad(I wouldn't expect this to be an age thing but it seems to happen way too often)
They look worse. no offense but wrinkles+grey hair+flab+baldness don't exactly do it for me

"older guy" doesn't have to mean someone who is elderly

someone 10 years older than you isn't likely to have all those problems... But if you are offput by elderly people coming onto you, that seems understandable

Is there a word for someone who thinks blue eyes are the best eyes and sexiest eyes?

Is it nazi.

Yes it is.

I like green eyes

Nerdkiller

Membeur

someone 10 years older than you isn't likely to have all those problems... But if you are offput by elderly people coming onto you, that seems understandable

Yes it is.

I like green eyes
I have green eyes.

Misha

Banned

Yes it is.

I like green eyes

well he was talking about 50s and 60s so i sorta lumped that in.

still, most of those apply to people above 40. people above 30 generally aren't too far off but theres enough difference in experience in life to more often than not make them unrelatable

I have green eyes.

*high five* me too

Halcyon

Yes it is.

I like green eyes

316167_large.jpg

My first crush.

Kevyt

Well that's true. However, there are some really well aged and fine older gentlemen though.

Is it nazi.

Nazism to be exact.

Eh, there are outliers. But the bigger the age gap the higher the chance of incompatibility in my experience. It's a good if vague way to gauge potential compatibility. Someone who's 18 and someone who's in their mid 40s aren't going to have much in common given the stages they are in life.

But I think that's what makes it interesting though! Having everything completely in common with another person is nice but it also makes it boring to some degree.

I think that even if you're with someone around your age, there are some things that are not going to be the same. Meaning that there will be things you two don't have in common. Yes, there will be more things that you two have in common compared to someone older and having an age gap, but the experience is completely different and that's what I think makes it more interesting. You two are on different paths of life and both can learn from one another thus being a much more enriching experience imo.

I don't know, maybe you're right, maybe I'm right. Maybe we both are :p

Kevyt

I prefer the regular boring black eyes
boring as in the most common in the human species

I don't trust people with colored eyes. I've learned my lesson.

Jobbs

Banned
The Americans is so good

and holy shit you can slide down ladders in Salt + Sanctuary by holding R2... here I'd been trying circle (like in dark souls) all this time

life is good

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I got a few hundred dollars. Which u just used to pay bills.

I wanna be done with school and get an MD or DO, even a PA

Jobbs

Banned

These people are suffering acute faceblindness, but it's not much worse than most people. Again, my brother was utterly convinced that Channing Tatum was in the helicopter scene near the start of San Andreas.

I don't have much trouble telling asians apart from eachother, or black people apart from eachother, or other ethnicities -- Because I'm not faceblind.

Again, the only decently good example I've seen is the javier bardem one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom