• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graphics are amazing but gameplay they still have ways to go if the gun play is as weak as previous games. Graphics don't blind me ;)

5f300f37cdf109fb5abf3c171a2ac101.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The next ES game is going to be amazing. Hammerfell, here we go.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It's more fun modding Skyrim to try and make it good than it is to actually play Skyrim.

Vanilla Skyrim is woeful.

My issues with Skyrim are more with the gameplay than graphics. Combat is basic AF, animations are shit and the A.I could be tons better. People seem to be forgiving for a lot of things for the scope of the world but now games are catching up to them on that and Fallout 4 was proof that they dont seem to be improving much on the formulas and actually oversimplifying shit. Bethesda needs to step their game up.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
If Fallout 4 is anything to go by it'll be updated graphics with less interesting gameplay and a world that actually does feel like a vacant wasteland.

jb1234

My issues with Skyrim are more with the gameplay than graphics. Combat is basic AF, animations are shit and the A.I could be tons better. People seem to be forgiving for a lot of things for the scope of the world but now games are catching up to them on that and Fallout 4 was proof that they dont seem to be improving much on the formulas and actually oversimplifying shit. Bethesda needs to step their game up.

I just can't stand Bethesda's writing. Why should I care about their worlds when they don't give me anyone in them to care about?

Vazra

I just can't stand Bethesda's writing. Why should I care about their worlds when they don't give me anyone in them to care about?

LOL thats another thing I have issues with and they cant craft interesting NPCs to at least save things.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
wait they did?
Yeah, I've seen various sources saying that it's been trademarked and renewed. This normally wouldn't mean much of anything, except that Bethesda has apparently traditionally trademarked their next ES game far in advance of its release, starting all the way back with at least Morrowind.

Yeah, I've seen various sources saying that it's been trademarked and renewed. This normally wouldn't mean much of anything, except that Bethesda has apparently traditionally trademarked their next ES game far in advance of its release, starting all the way back with at least Morrowind.

But they've already done Hammerfell...

jb1234

LOL thats another thing I have issues with and they cant craft interesting NPCs to at least save things.

It's aggravating. I can't remember a single memorable character from their games.

(Well, maybe the lady in Fallout 3 who sounded like Sarah Palin. Although that was memorable for all the wrong reasons...)

Somnia

You guys keep waiting on your next Elder Scrolls (which I want also)... I'll chill over here waiting on Mass Effect Andromeda.

Vazra

It's aggravating. I can't remember a single memorable character from their games.

(Well, maybe the lady in Fallout 3 who sounded like Sarah Palin. Although that was memorable for all the wrong reasons...)

Also don't forget how buggy Bugthesda games are. *Massive Eyerolls*

Kevyt

Don't really care for endless, soulless RPG's tbh...

All I need is Uncharted 4 and the Last of Us 2

Give me a good story driven game that gives me the feelz over anything else.

Vazra

Don't really care for endless, soulless RPG's tbh...

All I need is Uncharted 4 and the Last of Us 2

Give me a good story driven game that gives me the feelz over anything else.

Uncharted and feels don't go together tho.
laugh.gif

I just hate how like...I get so sidetracked. There's no direction on where to go and while some people may like that sense of exploration, I find it tedious.
It's called exploration plus the trial and error. Git Gud. XOXO

Misha

Banned
90% of my interest In ES games is held over from morrowind. Every city was unique and interesting and it was exciting just to wander around in the world. Then they picked the two most boring settings....

SolVanderlyn

I love ES games as much as I hate them. The world and atmosphere is amazing. The combat is super simple and the story is told in a haphazard way. Exploring is simultaneously fun and tedious.

The only other game to make me feel the same way is WoW, which also thrives on abstract concepts such as atmosphere.

Somnia

Speaking of Uncharted, I'm excited to see this new Star Wars game that Amy Henning is in charge of. Suppose to be a very story driven open world RPG game.

Damn! That's an admirable goal!

Been hitting the gym or just runs?

(My goal is 20kgs which I'm already halfway there from the past couple of weeks)

Hahaha metaphorically. Some stuff happened before the weekend so my workload has almost doubled.
I'm getting the itch to go back and work on stuff now.

I think I've only mentioned that it's a Surreal Horror RPG/Rhythm hybrid. But not much more than that.

I've been doing streams of games that reflect parts of Wavelength before I show the game itself so that friends/peeps kinda "get it" a bit better.
I need to lose that much. Need. I weigh over 300 pounds. Yeah. Over my four years in college, I lost close to 70lbs, but gained it all back after I graduated. And even since graduating I've had times where I lose weight and then gain it back. My weight has been a problem since elementary school.

Edit: Running or walking for now. And squats, crunches, pushups at home.

Your game sounds cool. I look forward to seeing it.

Timu

I just hate how like...I get so sidetracked. There's no direction on where to go and while some people may like that sense of exploration, I find it tedious.
But you have to be aware of your surroundings and choose the path you find out on your own which gives a great sense of discovery and feeling when you find something new to progress to the next challenge yo!

It reminds me of playing various survival horror games where you have to explore to find what to do and where to go next!

Somnia

I need to lose that much. Need. I weigh over 300 pounds. Yeah. Over my four years in college, I lost close to 70lbs, but gained it all back after I graduated. And even since graduating I've had times where I lose weight and then gain it back. My weight has been a problem since elementary school.

Your game sounds cool. I look forward to seeing it.

I've been there man, after college I weighed just over 300lbs and stayed there. Sept. 2013 is when I begin to change things. You really just need to find motivation and trust me you'll find it where you least expect it.

When people say it's a life style change, they really do mean it. I had to adjust so much and just live a new way.

SolVanderlyn

Outsource Graphics to Kojima
Gameplay to CD Projekt
Writing to Obsidian

EDITED.
I do want to see a dream team game like this at some point

Timu

Let Naughty Dawg develop ES.
So it'll look good and be polished? Cool.

Ha, I'm bashing Bethesda for the lulz, but the truth is, I do like their games, but I always have issues with them! For fuck sake some of them crash my PC!!!

Kevyt

Speaking of Uncharted, I'm excited to see this new Star Wars game that Amy Henning is in charge of. Suppose to be a very story driven open world RPG game.

Indeed. It's looking promising.

Outsource Graphics to Kojima
Gameplay to CD Projekt
Writing to Obsidian

EDITED.

Nope.

I would say graphics to CD project red, gameplay to Dragon's Dogma dev team, writing to Remedy entertainment, and motion capture/animation to Naughty Dog.

!!!

I'm just afraid it'll be so huge and detailed that I'll never be able to hope to finish it.

I think this is important.

I don't want scope, I want detail.

I would rather 4 hours of quality rather than 40 hours of padding.

This isn't a commentary on CDPR, just the nature of those games in general. /broadbrushing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom