• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
Dude who wrote that creepy note is one of those wastes who thinks you can put kindness coins into a girl and receive sex out of them in return.

What a fuckboi.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
enhanced-22321-1458079699-9.png

Well damn...
Not like this. Not like this.

Jobbs

Banned
Dude who wrote that creepy note is one of those wastes who thinks you can put kindness coins into a girl and receive sex out of them in return.

What a fuckboi.

He's the guy who, once it becomes clear the girl isn't sleeping with him, demands his beer back. "I paid for that!"

Misha

Banned

What a fuckboi.

thats being nice. he seems to think that women are helpless on their own and that somehow he's better than all other men(because really, do you think he'd give the "good guy" label to anyone else he's in competition with?).

I wouldn't be surprised if he was an abuser. at the very least he comes across as controlling and toxic

marrec

Banned
thats being nice. he seems to think that women are helpless on their own and that somehow he's better than all other men(because really, do you think he'd give the "good guy" label to anyone else he's in competition with?).

I wouldn't be surprised if he was an abuser. at the very least he comes across as controlling and toxic

Seriously, if that note is indicative of what "good guys" are then I'd avoid the shit out of "good guys" if I were a woman.

Halcyon

I used to think I was a "nice guy" and wondered why women didn't want to go out with me.

It was mostly because I was fat as it turns out.

marrec

Banned
I used to think I was a "nice guy" and wondered why women didn't want to go out with me.

I'm probably being an asshole here, but there is at least some statistical correlation somewhere between being overweight and being a "nice guy".

Kevyt

Funny thing is that I swear I have seen women going out with fat men.

Are you sure it wasn't your personality? ;)

Somnia

Guys only use the "nice guy" or I'm a "good guy" excuse when they can't find someone and keep getting rejected (or they don't get rejected because they don't try, they try to be a girls friend and wait or her to make a move). It's a fall back mechanic to blame others for themselves not finding someone when more than likely it's on them (more like 99% sure it is). I use to be this way in my early 20's and realized I was the one preventing myself from finding someone, not the other way around.

Unfortunately guys like the one who wrote that note probably will never realize that and continue to blame others for their problems.

Halcyon

Funny thing is that I swear I have seen women going out with fat men.

Are you sure it wasn't your personality? ;)

Nah i'm basically the same, and tore up dat pussy the last 3 or 4 years.

I do the nice type of things I fantasized about doing for my SO when I was a pathetic virgin and she says "you're the sweetest best man I've ever known".

I still think everything basically comes down to a) be attractive b) don't be unattractive

Misha

Banned
I'm probably being an asshole here, but there is at least some statistical correlation somewhere between being overweight and being a "nice guy".

theres a lot of factors that could link the two.

for example: weighing more often comes with worse self esteem, which in itself is bad for getting dates and also prevents someone from trying again when they hit failure

I still think everything basically comes down to a) be attractive b) don't be unattractive

looks definitely affect perception. like how kids tend to like better looking teachers more than ones with warts or w/e. Cruz looking creepy changes the whole scene of him trying to kiss his daughter from something silly to something else.
you can definitely get two people saying the same thing and the better looking one received well while the other is considered "desperate"

Jobbs

Banned
I was talking about this just the other day (yesterday actually?). I don't like listening to dudes whine about how they're not noticed and the girl they like's boyfriend is a jerk or whatever.

I've been trying to examine why this bothers me so much and I think it's because of their attitude of entitlement. Even if they are, such as was the example yesterday, a disempowered "nerd", why is it that they figure they "deserve" that girl they like? As if she's a thing and you can earn her by being smart or friendly or sensitive or whatever it is he thinks he is that the other guy isn't.

As it turns out, I think women and girls are just people and you either appeal to them or you don't. Sometimes their desires are self destructive, but so are men's, and she's entitled to her desires regardless if you think it's a good idea or not.

The "pining nerd" or the "disabused nice guy" are really just perpetuaters of patriarchy, and I don't like the patriarchy

BTW this is me this week

I"m watching my niece's father's yappy dog (Yorkshire terrier) at my house and the cats don't like him so they cling to me.

marrec

Banned
Nah i'm basically the same, and tore up dat pussy the last 3 or 4 years.

I do the nice type of things I fantasized about doing for my SO when I was a pathetic virgin and she says "you're the sweetest best man I've ever known".

There's a lot of that, but personality matters for some people too.

You'll see charismatic big guys with good looking women all the time.

But generally ya, if you're a big guy, you're going to have to make up for the general shallowness of human beings by being a great person to be around.

Source: I used to be a fat guy but I've always been an asshole.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
There's a lot of that, but personality matters for some people too.

You'll see charismatic big guys with good looking women all the time.

But generally ya, if you're a big guy, you're going to have to make up for the general shallowness of human beings by being a great person to be around.

Source: I used to be a fat guy but I've always been an asshole.

And I love you for your asshole. I mean personality.

Halcyon

looks definitely affect perception. like how kids tend to like better looking teachers more than ones with warts or w/e. Cruz looking creepy changes the whole scene of him trying to kiss his daughter from something silly to something else.
you can definitely get two people saying the same thing and the better looking one received well while the other is considered "desperate"

I notice it when I'm like watching New Girl and everyone thinks this "adorkable" girl is irresistible. I just imagine a large woman doing the same thing and I would probably get violently annoyed at the behavior and I think everyone else would too.

If honey boo boo was a slim little cute girl the way she acts would probably end up being endeering.

It's weird and I think it's the same way for these "nice guys". If the guy magically looks like Chris Evans and does the same thing and feels the same way, is immediately going to be justified in his reasoning and probably come across as a romantic.

I could be full of shit.

I'm mostly full of shit.

I am shit.

Misha

Banned
I was talking about this just the other day (yesterday actually?). I don't like listening to dudes whine about how they're not noticed and the girl they like's boyfriend is a jerk or whatever.

I've been trying to examine why this bothers me so much and I think it's because of their attitude of entitlement. Even if they are, such as was the example yesterday, a disempowered "nerd", why is it that they figure they "deserve" that girl they like? As if she's a thing and you can earn her by being smart or friendly or sensitive or whatever it is he thinks he is that the other guy isn't.

As it turns out, I think women and girls are just people and you either appeal to them or you don't. Sometimes their desires are self destructive, but so are men's, and she's entitled to her desires regardless if you think it's a good idea or not.

The "pining nerd" or the "disabused nice guy" are really just perpetuaters of patriarchy, and I don't like the patriarchy

The one thing they need to realize is that they aren't being good/sensitive/etc if they're only doing it for their own gain. They find the moral high ground appealing but they're often just as shitty if not worse as the people they
claim to be better than
I notice it when I'm like watching New Girl and everyone thinks this "adorkable" girl is irresistible. I just imagine a large woman doing the same thing and I would probably get violently annoyed at the behavior and I think everyone else would too.

If honey boo boo was a slim little cute girl the way she acts would probably end up being endeering.

It's weird and I think it's the same way for these "nice guys". If the guy magically looks like Chris Evans and does the same thing and feels the same way, is immediately going to be justified in his reasoning and probably come across as a romantic.

I could be full of shit.

I'm mostly full of shit.

I am shit.
I'd mostly agree with that stuff though I've met quirky large girls that i've liked (the thing though is they were still cute so nbd) and I don't think theres any way you can make people from the whole childrens beauty pagents
culture to not be creepy

Reminds me of
entirely accurate

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

I could be full of shit.

I'm mostly full of shit.

I am shit.
Reminds me of

marrec

Banned

I could be full of shit.

I'm mostly full of shit.

I am shit.

It depends on how he presents it doesn't it?

If Chris Evans holds the door open for a girl and the girl doesn't acknowledge him and he puts up those creepy fucking notes all over town, he's still a wastoid who probably won't ever have a lasting relationship.

Halcyon

It depends on how he presents it doesn't it?

If Chris Evans holds the door open for a girl and the girl doesn't acknowledge him and he puts up those creepy fucking notes all over town, he's still a wastoid who probably won't ever have a lasting relationship.

That's true but imagining him doing so is hilarious.

marrec

Banned
yeah I realized it partly into the conversation and was slightly disappointed no one else seemed to :p

yes you should

It's funny, I know mostly about the show through the media that was influenced by it but never felt the need to actually watch it myself.

What?! So disappointed in you.

Don't take his opinions so seriously, he thinks Miyamoto is trash too.

Misha

Banned
It's funny, I know mostly about the show through the media that was influenced by it but never felt the need to actually watch it myself.

the problem with most things influenced by it is a lot try to polish it down for the mainstream (well aside from deadly premonition) and often have worse style

Jobbs

Banned
Your games are trash

Sorry

Not sorry

Actually, I have never played any of your games. :p

Most my fans are dudes

But I'm noticing a slightly growing female demographic

Maybe once I actually release my first game we'll get this figured out

zeemumu

I could be full of shit.

I'm mostly full of shit.

I am shit.

Science has already proven that you can get away with more when you're hot. The nice guy thing goes in a different direction at times with dudes who think kind behavior means that someone's obligated to date you. Zooey Deschanel is overboard for me when it comes to being adorkable.

If you want to impress a girl, just talk to her about sand, and how it's rough and course and it gets everywhere.

Do it

Jobbs stop making me lose respect for your taste

EDIT: Oh yeah and Phil Collins is a cunt who makes bad music

I like Son of Man.

marrec

Banned
the problem with most things influenced by it is a lot try to polish it down for the mainstream (well aside from deadly premonition) and often have worse style

From an outsider looking in most of the stuff seems like a parody, at least on TV. As if to take the influence seriously would lead to unintentional humor so they just treat it like a joke from the outset.

Maybe I couldn't ever find the joy in Deadly Premonition that others did BECAUSE I didn't have the nostalgia of Twin Peaks to pull from.

That said, the Supernatural episode parodying Twin Peaks was hilarious.

Misha

Banned
That reminds me, I need to get around to playing D4 since I actually have a computer without a crappy graphics card now

From an outsider looking in most of the stuff seems like a parody, at least on TV.

Maybe I couldn't ever find the joy in Deadly Premonition that others did BECAUSE I didn't have the nostalgia of Twin Peaks to pull from.

That said, the Supernatural episode parodying Twin Peaks was hilarious.

tbh i thought you were talking about things that tried to seriously pull influence like something like veronica mars or life is strange or even majora's mask, link's awakening, or alan wake. twin peaks influenced a ton of good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom