• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
No shit lol

I'm saying what do you normally have to do. I was thinking to myself "i'm going to willingly go run a few miles and lift heavy stuff for fun tonight" and I was wondering what kinda regimen they have you folks doing.

Normally they have us like...we do circuit stuff a lot. Run, push ups, sit ups, ab crunches, plank, thank kind of stuff

Halcyon

Normally they have us like...we do circuit stuff a lot. Run, push ups, sit ups, ab crunches, plank, thank kind of stuff

I want to join the army just to do stuff like this:

latest

Jobbs

Banned
definitely no chance I'd ever join the armed forces

Mama and papa were lyin' in bed
Mama rolled over this is what she said

Now gimme some!
Now gimme some!

PT!
PT!

Good for you!
And good for me!

I briefly considered the idea because my Uncle was pushing for me to join the NSA like he did.

But I was WAAY too lazy as a teenager to do something so hard.

Glad you didn't do this bc I don't want you seeing all my lurid affairs

Somnia

I swear to god there is one person in The 100 thread who loves to challenge and argue every single thing Dragonz and I post lol

Misha

Banned
I briefly considered the idea because my Uncle was pushing for me to join the NSA like he did.

But I was WAAY too lazy as a teenager to do something so hard.

my parents were trying to convince me to join up with the army when I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. especially in the context of "they break you down to build you back up" I didn't wnat any part of it

though this time of course it was just a joke about the torture that you have to go through. fuck planks

FloatOn

next two hours = conference calls

I'm sitting in on the calls my GM is supposed to be on today because he asked.

I have to listen to atlanta and dallas business. I don't care about you atlanta and dallas

marrec

Banned
Glad you didn't do this bc I don't want you seeing all my lurid affairs

If I had known you back then I would have joined specifically to start a "spy really hard on Jobbs" team of top hackers. Probably with someone like Angelina Jolie.

Eh, I probably would have just watched Hackers again.

Somnia

my parents were trying to convince me to join up with the army when I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. especially in the context of "they break you down to build you back up" I didn't wnat any part of it

though this time of course it was just a joke about the torture that you have to go through. fuck planks

I almost joined also after high school, but was told I needed to lose some weight first and at the time I was lazy so was all "nah". Now looking back I wish I would have.

I swear to god there is one person in The 100 thread who loves to challenge and argue every single thing Dragonz and I post lol

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's not that bad. Well, the Air Force isn't. They treat us really well compared to the other branches.

For example, if you're an E-1 to E-3 in the Navy, Marines, or Army (idk about the Coast Guard), you have a roommate when you get to your first base. It's like college. And the rooms suck ass.

Here, I've got a huge room all to myself. Tons of services available if I need them and I'm treated like an actual human being.

I mean boot camp sucks ass (I have so many stories lol) but AF BMT is NOTHING compared to what the other branches go through. Although, the Army gets to keep their phones? That's bullshit.

Misha

Banned
It's not that bad. Well, the Air Force isn't. They treat us really well compared to the other branches.

For example, if you're an E-1 to E-3 in the Navy, Marines, or Army (idk about the Coast Guard), you have a roommate when you get to your first base. It's like college. And the rooms suck ass.

Here, I've got a huge room all to myself. Tons of services available if I need them and I'm treated like an actual human being.

I mean boot camp sucks ass (I have so many stories lol) but AF BMT is NOTHING compared to what the other branches go through. Although, the Army gets to keep their phones? That's bullshit.

yeah I have heard Air Force is way better than the rest. I mean still nothing I'd like to go through but at least humane :p

marrec

Banned
you two would learn a lot of stuff about your mom

Things like how she was desperately searching for a father figure for her children and briefly flirted with the idea that it would be you but couldn't bring herself to stay with someone who had a micropenis?

Alternatively (and less rude)

Things like how she was desperately searching for a father figure for her children and briefly flirted with the idea that it would be you but couldn't bring herself to stay with someone who could only get sexual pleasure from staring at pictures of perfect ears?

yeah I have heard Air Force is way better than the rest. I mean still nothing I'd like to go through but at least humane :p

Okay so we're all eating, right? And eating in BMT is the most stressful thing, cause everyone's watching you, and the MTI's (military training instructors) are yelling and the first week is awful cause you don't know what to do. But basically you sit there and wolf down your food as fast as possible and hope you don't get yelled at. Absolutely no talking allowed.

Anyway so some dude in my brother flight starts laughing at something. Probably a joke his friend made when the MTI wasn't looking. But the dude is losing it and not being subtle. So this MTI goes over and starts yelling at him "WHAT THE PISS IS SO FUNNY, TRAINEE?????" He responds with, "The ravioli, ma'am."

So the rest of us hear this exchange, and we're all low key trying not to laugh. This MTI starts going up and down the tables asking each one of us if we got the ravioli. And then she starts screaming, "DON'T GET THE RAVIOLI, IT'LL MAKE YOU LOSE YOUR MILITARY BEARING!!!!"

I'm sitting there trying not to fucking choke on my food because it's so god damn funny. What a fucking mess.

Misha

Banned
Okay so we're all eating, right? And eating in BMT is the most stressful thing, cause everyone's watching you, and the MTI's (military training instructors) are yelling and the first week is awful cause you don't know what to do. But basically you sit there and wolf down your food as fast as possible and hope you don't get yelled at. Absolutely no talking allowed.

Anyway so some dude in my brother flight starts laughing at something. Probably a joke his friend made when the MTI wasn't looking. But the dude is losing it and not being subtle. So this MTI goes over and starts yelling at him "WHAT THE PISS IS SO FUNNY, TRAINEE?????" He responds with, "The ravioli, ma'am."

So the rest of us hear this exchange, and we're all low key trying not to laugh. This MTI starts going up and down the tables asking each one of us if we got the ravioli. And then she starts screaming, "DON'T GET THE RAVIOLI, IT'LL MAKE YOU LOSE YOUR MILITARY BEARING!!!!"

I'm sitting there trying not to fucking choke on my food because it's so god damn funny. What a fucking mess.
That pretty much describes my biggest problem with those types of places in a humorous way. I don't really understand the problem with laughing on break time there. I get that its probably some sort of thing to keep up the discipline and uniformity but I dont' really understand why you should keep that up at all times

The thing is, I have trouble feeling the need to do something unless I understand why I should do it and therefore want to do it. Hurt me a lot early in college

I have though been in a marching band where we weren't allowed to move or speak or anything while in uniform unless at ease(or whatever they called it. can't remember the name) made perfect sense to me though cause we were performing at the time. The hardest time with that was when we were with the countywide marching band performance thing where we were lined up next to the other schools bands. We were basically like english guards with them waving in front of our faces and making fun of us while we stood perfect still

That pretty much describes my biggest problem with those types of places in a humorous way. I don't really understand the problem with laughing on break time there. I get that its probably some sort of thing to keep up the discipline and uniformity but I dont' really understand why you should keep that up at all times

The thing is, I have trouble feeling the need to do something unless I understand why I should do it and therefore want to do it. Hurt me a lot early in college

I have though been in a marching band where we weren't allowed to move or speak or anything while in uniform unless at ease(or whatever they called it. can't remember the name) made perfect sense to me though cause we were performing at the time.

Believe me, we talked so much shit and joked around a ton in the dorms when they weren't around.

It wasn't bad.

Somnia

Anyone thinking of doing PAX Prime this year? I've never gone, but am thinking of getting tickets and going this year.

I'd rather do Comic Con and go to panels, but the chances of getting tickets is so low.

marrec

Banned
that ain't

and "uncanny valley" is when something looks so realistic (but still not real) that it makes you uncomfortable, right? that ain't it.

you want uncanny valley? this is a better example, because the whole image is computer generated but it can very nearly fool you.

edit: that emily demo was actually a lot less impressive than i remembered it being

I dunno, you throw a wig on that robot and it quickly becomes uncanny valley for me.

But we've established that I may actually be face blind so WTF do I know.

A potato in a wig might well scare me who knows.

FloatOn

I stole a few honey walnut shrimp from my mom's plate. I literally pigged out today with lunch. I may pass out in a bit.

sounds like you ate Panda Express? didn't know you had them in PR

Panda Express is like the taco bell of chinese food. Good in a pinch but you kind of hate yourself after

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom