• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

Most my fans are dudes

But I'm noticing a slightly growing female demographic

Maybe once I actually release my first game we'll get this figured out

Hmmm... that's interesting. Why do you think that is?

So I had my interview today. I thought it went okay.

I got home.

Had a voicemail.

I got the job.

Congrats!

atpthrd.gif

How are you going to celebrate this moment? :D

Risgroo

BTW regarding The 100 season 2 on Netflix, I assume you aren't in America? I'm pretty positive season 2 is on Netflix here.
Norway :) I need to finish Hannibal and Better Call Saul anyway, so I don't mind waiting two weeks or so for S2 to come out.

Land of Confusion is a fucking great song.

Sussudio is a fucking terrible song.

He's all over the place.

Hahah yeah, Sussudio is terrible, but the rest of that album is brilliant.

Symphonia

Banned
Awesome!

Always a great feeling when you think an interview went well and then you find out you have the job :)
Absolutely, even more so when the feedback from the manager consists of the line "He blew my fucking socks off!" - so, yeah, think I made an impression.

Congrats!

atpthrd.gif

How are you going to celebrate this moment? :D
I might have a few cheeky drinks either tonight or tomorrow to celebrate. I don't start until Monday, and it's only a 16-hour job, but I worked it out at £140 a week. So, I'm not going to complain too much.

Score! Now hold out for more money!
I'm already making plans on what to save up for.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
So I had my interview today. I thought it went okay.

I got home.

Had a voicemail.

I got the job.

That's great. I remember my job interview. I bombed so bad. Afterwards I was at home and I had finished tying the noose and I was about to put it around my neck and kick the stool away when I thought I'd better tidy my room first, and as I was tidying my room I noticed I had a new email and that I'd got the job which was weird because there was a point in the interview where I just looked out of the window for about 40 seconds while they were talking directly to me.

Somnia

Norway :) I need to finish Hannibal and Better Call Saul anyway, so I don't mind waiting two weeks or so for S2 to come out.

Gotcha! You need to post your impressions of season 2 either as you watch it or when you finish. I can't wait to see how you respond, it's better in every way imaginable over season 1.

marrec

Banned
Really? Most Metroid fans I know IRL are all women. In fact one has a Samus tattoo on her rib cage and another has a tattoo of the Samus & Ripley lol

I'll second this. Or, moreover, most of the women I know that are into gaming cite Metroid as a major influence. Whereas most of the men I know that are into gaming rarely do.

Jobbs

Banned
Editing VO IS HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RISING TIDE

Wow this version blowz

The original is way better

Really? Most Metroid fans I know IRL are all women. In fact one has a Samus tattoo on her rib cage and another has a tattoo of the Samus & Ripley lol

Yeah, it's a sausage fest on my twitter, I do have some women though

today I tweeted something and I was looking at the tiny thumbnails of the people who favorited it, and I saw one that looked like a cute chick, so I clicked them and it turned out to be a dude with long hair :(

Misha

Banned
Yeah, it's a sausage fest on my twitter, I do have some women though

today I tweeted something and I was looking at the tiny thumbnails of the people who favorited it, and I saw one that looked like a cute chick, so I clicked them and it turned out to be a dude with long hair :(

maybe women gamers are avoiding twitter for a reason :p

seriously though nintendo always seems strong among 20-something ("90s kids")women to me. weird that that might not be remotely accurate

marrec

Banned

Wha? But the internet, and twitter especially, are so friendly toward vocal women talking about video games!

seriously though nintendo always seems strong among 20-something ("90s kids")women to me. weird that that might not be remotely accurate

It's an odd phenomena that I've seen as well. Most of the women I know are much more comfortable owning a 3DS and a Wii U than the men, who seem to actively despise the idea of owning one.

Jobbs

Banned

hmmm maybe I should add "girlfriend mode" so women fans can play too...

Halcyon

The two games I spent the most time playing on PS3 were BLOPS2 and Borderlands 2.

Does that mean I'm a girl and a boy. Can I fuck myself.

Misha

Banned
I played them all Misha. I played them all.

I want you to know that I wrote your name on the tee I put in the ground.

then no. women can't possibly grasp the complexities of other things like throwing a turret on the ground or shooting two guns

marrec

Banned
then no. women can't possibly grasp the complexities of other things like throwing a turret on the ground or shooting two guns

Until JUST NOW I totally forgot that the best fucking character in Borderlands 2 was called "girlfriend mode" by the lead designer of the game.

I'm still shocked at just how stupid someone can be.

Misha

Banned
Until JUST NOW I totally forgot that the best fucking character in Borderlands 2 was called "girlfriend mode" by the lead designer of the game.

I'm still shocked at just how stupid someone can be.
just think of if he rephrased it to:
"we really like the design of the character and think it would be a fun character to share with non-gamers so we made a tree de-emphasizing the skill that some other trees need"

thats about 100% less sexist
I don't wanna go to work today

It's like our Friday because the shop is closed tomorrow for MANDATORY FUN with the commander so we're not gonna be flying shit

tbh that sounds worse than work

Somnia

Ok so I decided to start reading The Magician's book series since I'm really liking the TV show. Yep WAY different than the show, they've changed a ton. I actually like both so it works for me.

Somnia

I did some boot camp classes when I first started losing weight.. I should do those again now that I'm in much better shape. That was rough at the time, but man did it work.

Symphonia

Banned
I recorded the first two hours of Ethan Carter, and the first hour of Rapture. I'm also thinking about recording a live commentary video of P.T, as I keep seeing P.T all over this thread. I downloaded it ages ago during the whole Kojima-gate fiasco, but never actually played it. I hear its scary, though, so think a funny video could come of it being recorded with live audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom